Wheelersburg 35 Columbus Academy 16 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Playoffs Round 2 DV R19 #5 Columbus Academy @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Chillicothe would be a good site. Looking for the Pirates to roll in this game as well, with a showdown against Johnstown in the regional final.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Chillicothe would be good distance wise. OHSAA hasn't always cared about that.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 am
Cpt. Obvious wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:29 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:03 am

Exactly. There is no one in the history of this site that complains more about playoff hosting sites than maddog.
Especially before a site is even chosen lol!! It’s not like we can do anything to change the choices so relax.
The OHSAA is an avid follower of SEOPS. I bet they are taking into consideration our thoughts at this very moment.
I didn’t know that!!! Holy poop!! At this time I would like to offer up my selections for where this game should be played at!! #1 the shoe!!!!!...#2 see #1 obviously!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

The Burg will go anywhere, to watch the Pirates play, city schools don't travel that well.
so look for it to be closer to Columbus.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Its the time of year when all the schools up north who play close to home say nothing is wrong with the process. Call's anyone that questions it a whiner .

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

How can folks think that Burg will roll and at the same time project the OSHAA can "screw" them with the game site? Doesn't make any sense to me.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Burg wins by 21 imo hopefully at jackson lol

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:31 pm
14svt wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:30 pm Athens or Logan
I doubt that.
When burg played Columbus team in past it was at chillicothe

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

The one thing to remember this year is trying to fit every game into one day. There could be interesting places some of these games are played. Some are not willing to host, some are. Some schools that hosted in the past also are still playing this week too. Chillicothe would be perfect. It just depends on who is available to host, and where the teams are from.
Last edited by indianabuck on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:40 pm How can folks think that Burg will roll and at the same time project the OSHAA can "screw" them with the game site? Doesn't make any sense to me.
I would assume they think they will roll no matter the site but would prefer somewhere in the middle or a little closer to burg than sending the burg to the Columbus area. I’m all for a neutral site but I do think if all possible the game should be in the middle somewhere or closer to the higher seed.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I’m calling it now!! Chillicothe because it makes the best since. Almost half way for both and a straight shot for both team. In the past when burg played Columbus schools its been at chilli. Big, nice, D-II stadium that can hold the crowd. Well we got all 3 locals in and good Luck to all, Burg, west and east

14U
S

Post by 14U »

stickem wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:33 pm Maddog chill man, who cares let’s just be thankful we have the opportunity to continue to play, hell I don’t care if it’s columbus, Cleveland or Cincy, I for one will be there rooting these young men on, just as long as the Ohsaa puts us somewhere with a good watering hole and eats!!! Haha :lol:
Ur right!! Burg is in who cares!! We know the site will be close and getting nice stadium to play at. Also burg is playing game 12 and they’re good enough it doesn’t matter where they play burg will be there ready. Good Luck Burg bring a W back home.back

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

If the OHSAA does follow this site then you guys better quit saying it doesn’t matter where Burg plays or you’ll end up playing at CA 😂

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

The_Rock wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 am A lot of talent will be on the field Friday night! I’m sure Burg will look real close at the London and Bloom-Carrol games as well as the Union Local game if available? Should be a good test for Burg. Hoping for this one to be close to home. Good Luck Burg!
The "Experts" on Spectrum Sports said this am that Wheelersburg will not be able to handle Academy because Wheelersburg "always has trouble" with Columbus teams and because Greg Schiano's sons play for Academy. Evidently, Bishop Ready and Watterson have moved?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg93 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:21 pm
The_Rock wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 am A lot of talent will be on the field Friday night! I’m sure Burg will look real close at the London and Bloom-Carrol games as well as the Union Local game if available? Should be a good test for Burg. Hoping for this one to be close to home. Good Luck Burg!
The "Experts" on Spectrum Sports said this am that Wheelersburg will not be able to handle Academy because Wheelersburg "always has trouble" with Columbus teams and because Greg Schiano's sons play for Academy. Evidently, Bishop Ready and Watterson have moved?
Guess will just have to show them then next fri

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burg better get their special teams fixed!! 2nd game in row they had extra point blocked, two bad kick-offs and missed fieldgoal. Special team is a great weapon in playoffs and usually comes down to it. Also the punter waits to long to punt the ball which is a penalty unless the changed the ruling. He waits until his coverage gets downfield until he kicks it. Guys or gals let me know if I’m wrong on this, thanks and good luck Burg on this second round game

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Here is the thought on the site of game:

Chillicothe
Burg: 1 hour, 8 minutes
Columbus Academy: 1 hour, 8 minutes
West: 1 hour, 3 minutes
Johnstown: 1 hour, 25 minutes

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Spectrum sports is garbage... they can’t stand southern teams. Actually they don’t give any school that isn’t d1 or d2 any credit. Oh well. Burg will compete with any school they play

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:50 pm
Spectrum sports is garbage... they can’t stand southern teams. Actually they don’t give any school that isn’t d1 or d2 any credit. Oh well. Burg will compete with any school they play
Yes ur right! Burg will compete but they better not play like the started against ready. Burg started slow and didn’t start clicking until second have. This is the playoffs and every team is there because they are good. I also would like burgs special teams get going. The last two games it hasn’t been there. 2 blocked extra points, missed field goals and bad kickoffs. Special teams are a must in playoffs!!

Return to “Football”