Coal Grove 46 Southeastern 22 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: RD2 (10-1) Coal Grove v (11-0) Southeastern

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:35 pm So I hear that southeastern like the power run offense? So both offenses sound pretty much the same. Big physical lines. Think I’ll take grove in a close one.
Didn't get to see Northwest play last couple years, but I know few years ago they ran same offense SE runs. Foot to foot splits, 2-3 backs pulling, counters and misdirection in the backfield. Biggest difference between the 2 is SE does have plays where they try and spread you out and are little more capable of throwing the ball. Coal Grove I hear has solid defense, so should be interesting. I said all year southeastern is very suspect on defense and that is where they struggle at times, look no farther than the 40 points they gave up in round 1 against probably best team they've faced all year outside of Unioto who had 22 penalities. I think Coal Groves defense will be enough in this game and Hornets take it by 7. Hoping I'm wrong love to see SE season continue on. Good Luck to both teams

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:19 am Is the stadium at the school?
Address please.
Stadium is an easy find, turn left off 23 at the 1st light coming into Lucasville go about 1-2 mile prison on your right look far back to your left and you'll see the stadium lights.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

THE GROVE wins this one by 14. Sting those Panthers Hornets!!!

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

I like Coal,Grove by 12 in a high scoring affair.

Sting 'em Mighty Hornets!

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Definitely a winnable game for grove!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

the panthers will be tough to beat

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Buckeyefan55 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:31 am What does southeastern bring to the table? I've went back and read some of their old threads but nothing really informative. Curious to see, or hear what they have. Should be a fun game!
Double wing t offense. Power back is Carson Stauffer and speed back is Dakota Houser, both with over 1200 yards on the season. Their QB is a sophomore, Lane Ruby. Only about 5'8 150lb, but brings a lot of speed to the table, and directs the offense well. You can expect about 5-10 passes from the SE offense, usually on RPO's on the roll out. Ruby doesn't have the size to stand in the pocket and throw the ball around. Though he does have a good arm. SE put up over 300 yards rushing on a much bigger SCC d-line. They get good push and block well at the 2nd level. SE wants to control the clock, they'll gladly take 3 or 4 yards a play and hold onto the ball as long as possible. They're not going to go for the big play unless they need to. The kicking game for SE is terrible, it could very well be their undoing.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This one should be a low scoring affair. Both teams live by the same philosophy. The last team with the ball should be your winner. A turnover would be detrimental to either team. Looking forward to seeing some updates on this game as it unfolds.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

I'm going to take SE 14-13. Both teams will miss and extra point, but SE will go for 2 to win the game, because they can't kick an extra point tie and will win the game that way.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

This may be the GOTW for the area teams

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

This game sounds like it's shaping up to be a great one. I love smash mouth football and it sounds like both teams do too. I think we're a lot of folks are wrong, and most CG faithful can attest is that CG QB has some very talented receivers that are being underused up to this point, so it wouldn't surprise me to see CG come out throwing a few more passes ( but that could just be wishful thinking on my part). None the less, this game should be a fun one to take in. I'll take CG 24- SE 12

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove 22
Southeastern 18

Definitely hope the grove comes out with more of a balanced attack. But if not. I think the grove can ground and pound on to a victory.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'm going with the grove in this one. The grove played a tougher schedule IMO.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

What kind of offense does Coal Grove run? Do they spread to run or just line up in traditional run formations? SE has definitely had the most trouble against the spread, read option teams.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

After seeing the team the Panthers beat this week, I am going with Southeastern.

PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

Buckeyefan55 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:26 pm This game sounds like it's shaping up to be a great one. I love smash mouth football and it sounds like both teams do too. I think we're a lot of folks are wrong, and most CG faithful can attest is that CG QB has some very talented receivers that are being underused up to this point, so it wouldn't surprise me to see CG come out throwing a few more passes ( but that could just be wishful thinking on my part). None the less, this game should be a fun one to take in. I'll take CG 24- SE 12
Everything you just said about CG could just as easily apply to SE. Houser, Brown, Winfield, Stauffer, & Chaffin are all very capable receivers. I've been waiting all year to see them get back into a hurry up offense like they ran against Unioto right before halftime. As mentioned by SE-alum though, Ruby has to roll out to throw, mainly due to size.

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

PantherPaw78 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:50 pm
Buckeyefan55 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:26 pm This game sounds like it's shaping up to be a great one. I love smash mouth football and it sounds like both teams do too. I think we're a lot of folks are wrong, and most CG faithful can attest is that CG QB has some very talented receivers that are being underused up to this point, so it wouldn't surprise me to see CG come out throwing a few more passes ( but that could just be wishful thinking on my part). None the less, this game should be a fun one to take in. I'll take CG 24- SE 12
Everything you just said about CG could just as easily apply to SE. Houser, Brown, Winfield, Stauffer, & Chaffin are all very capable receivers. I've been waiting all year to see them get back into a hurry up offense like they ran against Unioto right before halftime. As mentioned by SE-alum though, Ruby has to roll out to throw, mainly due to size.

CG came out early in the year and ran some no huddle during the game and spread it across the field nicely. Then when they played Portsmouth West they threw 4 picks and every since they have went with running to win and throwing to keep a drive alive. They are very very capable of throwing downfield.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go SE !

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

This never quit attitude that the grove has carried all year continues on this week. That bunch wing t just won't work against this defense. I think being rd 2 that the play book will open up if needed . SE is undefeated for a reason though and will put up a fight
Final 26-16 Cg

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio

Return to “Football”