2017 Playoffs Nelsonville-York 28 Coal Grove 7

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Coal Grove vs. Nelsonville-York

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:19 am Proud_Pirate63 - Sorry you don’t share my passion for our nations veterans.

I like NY by a score of 24-21 in a physical game. Cg can easily win. It’s that close!

How would the Hornets fare against Wheelersburg?
I would take The Burg in that matchup.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:47 am
Buckeyefan55 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:41 am
Half Slice wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:35 am Hmmm by that logic Rock Hill is referred to as Ironton Rock Hill by the OHSAA. Ask anyone out Pedro way if they want to be known as the Ironton Redmen for short.
Why are are you pressing this issue? We're the Coal Grove Hornets. Your question has been answered, more than once.
Exactly!! He is just trying to deflect the fact that Coal Grove is going to send NY home bruised and beaten.
😂🤣
This should be a good game. I’m pulling for the Grover’s.

Question, Is CG coach in his FIRST year?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:14 pm
The last time NY played Coal Grove for a Regional Championship was NY’s undefeated State Championship team from 1981.

I remember that. does anybody just have final scores of all the games yesterday evening.
gotta go with the hornets here, because they are from the ovc. they have to be considered underdogs against ny in my opinion, but this should be a dandy game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:19 am Proud_Pirate63 - Sorry you don’t share my passion for our nations veterans.

I like NY by a score of 24-21 in a physical game. Cg can easily win. It’s that close!

I think the more appropriate question would be, How will the Buckeyes fair against COAL GROVE?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson hasn’t gotten a game in a decent while...games always go to Logan, Athens, Nelsonville, Chillicothe....we’ve hosted some regional championships. I see no reason for it not to be in Jackson.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:45 am

I think the more appropriate question would be, How will the Buckeyes fair against COAL GROVE?
Answer - They will win!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

It has been and always will be the Coal Grove Hornets and the Hornets will win again this week. One game at a time.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think NY playing against a tough FF defense will really benefit them in this game. Going to OT and pulling out the win is a big confidence boost and humbling at the same time. Coal Grove had a similar game last week and came out and knocked SE in the mouth. While I don't think it will be that bad I do think NY takes this one by 2 scores.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:57 am Jackson hasn’t gotten a game in a decent while...games always go to Logan, Athens, Nelsonville, Chillicothe....we’ve hosted some regional championships. I see no reason for it not to be in Jackson.
We did host a regional semi-final last year (NY vs. Wheelersburg), but I agree Alumni Stadium would be a great place for a regional championship game. Hopefully we put in to host, if so, I think it ends up here.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Well I have to admit being a little disappointed. With all the bragging done by NY faithful I expected a much better performance. Seems to me they got lucky.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:42 am
Buckeyefan55 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:41 am

Why are are you pressing this issue? We're the Coal Grove Hornets. Your question has been answered, more than once.
Exactly!! He is just trying to deflect the fact that Coal Grove is going to send NY home bruised and beaten.
😂🤣

Yes, this is Evan Fergusons first year as a head coach and 1st year at coal grove as a coach. He took over in early June. He didn’t even have an off-season with these boys, excited to see what he can do in the upcoming years as well.

I’m not gonna put a prediction on this game. I just hope a coal Grove comes out and hits NY in the mouth and has a balanced offense. I’m excited for this one and hope we get to fight another week after this one. Go Grove!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Matt77 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:20 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:42 am

😂🤣

Yes, this is Evan Fergusons first year as a head coach and 1st year at coal grove as a coach. He took over in early June. He didn’t even have an off-season with these boys, excited to see what he can do in the upcoming years as well.

I’m not gonna put a prediction on this game. I just hope a coal Grove comes out and hits NY in the mouth and has a balanced offense. I’m excited for this one and hope we get to fight another week after this one. Go Grove!
That’s awesome. Yes I’m looking forward to things to come as well. He looks to have a bright future in the coaching biz.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Last edited by Matt77 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Holy crap is this seriously the discussion???

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:46 am Holy crap is this seriously the discussion???
😂 🤣. I think some NY posters are a little timid this week.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

I was just trying to get the conversation dead, so we could talk about football. LOL. Go Grove!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Matt77 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:51 am I was just trying to get the conversation dead, so we could talk about football. LOL. Go Grove!
😂. NY posters are notorious for talking their team up. I’m just surprised it’s on the 2nd page and they haven’t started yet.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Same situation for a local KY team. Only the locals know who Paul G. Blazer High School is. The rest of the state knows them as the Ashland Tomcats.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I like groves chances in this one. Grove should be able to use a balanced attack and slow the tempo of the game way down. If grove can force a couple turnovers they come away with a 14 point win.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:50 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:46 am Holy crap is this seriously the discussion???
😂 🤣. I think some NY posters are a little timid this week.
Give me a day or 2 lol
Got a lot going on this weekend.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”