Wheelersburg 21 Columbus Bishop Watterson 0

Burg4
JV Team

Re: WK 4: Wheelersburg (2-1) @ Columbus Bishop Watterson (2-1)

Post by Burg4 »

My thoughts....If Wheelersburg had kept their normal schedule and had played Portsmouth or Fairland in Week 2, they would have won by 30-40 points, been 3-0 with everyone talking about repeating as State Champions.

Instead, they played a great D3 team in Bishop Hartley who is now 2-1. The only loss Hartley had was to Division 2 powerhouse Toledo Central Catholic who is now 3-0 after playing teams from Michigan, Ohio and New Jersey. The Burg-Hartley score was 34-20 with 7 minutes left in third quarter but late turnovers/scores made final score look terrible.

Would last year Burg's team had beaten Hartley this year? Don't know, we will never know. Burg rebounded fine and was on pace to win 96-0 last week when game was called 48-0 at halftime.

Tonight will be a great test and I believe closer than people expect. Watterson has greatly improved and Burg continues to improve each week. After this week, Burg has a great Jackson team (3-0), great Waverly team (3-0), great Minford team (3-0), and a great West team (3-0) upcoming. Work is cut out for these boys and they'll be ready starting tonight.

Excited for tonight's game in Columbus! GO BURG!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I have a friend whose son plays for Watterson. Trust me, they are very much aware of Wheelersburg. As someone said earlier, Burg jumped on them really quick last year and they seemed stunned the rest of the game. I think Burg will win because they are a better team, but it wouldn't surprise me if Watterson plays a very good first half, and then Burg takes control in the second half.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg 7 Watterson 0 late in the 2nd quarter

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg 14 Watterson 0 in the 3rd

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

End of the 3rd quarter. Burg 14 Watterson 0

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

21-0 burg final

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:34 am I have a friend whose son plays for Watterson. Trust me, they are very much aware of Wheelersburg. As someone said earlier, Burg jumped on them really quick last year and they seemed stunned the rest of the game. I think Burg will win because they are a better team, but it wouldn't surprise me if Watterson plays a very good first half, and then Burg takes control in the second half.
Looks like you found the flux capacitor Doc. Well done.

Burg96
Waterboy

Post by Burg96 »

Good win for the Burg against a traditional private school power in Columbus. Hopefully, Watterson keeps winning games and brings the Burg some points later this year.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

First and foremost I want to say that a win is a win and this one is a pretty good one in terms of first level points and mind set going forward. Secondly, I honestly don't think Wheelersburg played very well. Sure, they moved the ball all night but there were multiple opportunities left on the field tonight. 4 turnovers and penalties all night stalled drives and kept points off the board. IMO, the amount of penalties and turnovers could be a good thing moving forward. Getting a W against a bigger school, in Columbus, with the negatives shows that the pieces are there. We just need to sharpen a few things up and we could again be very dangerous come playoff time. I think there is a lot of growth that needs to take place but we are in a good spot 4 weeks into the season.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:05 pm First and foremost I want to say that a win is a win and this one is a pretty good one in terms of first level points and mind set going forward. Secondly, I honestly don't think Wheelersburg played very well. Sure, they moved the ball all night but there were multiple opportunities left on the field tonight. 4 turnovers and penalties all night stalled drives and kept points off the board. IMO, the amount of penalties and turnovers could be a good thing moving forward. Getting a W against a bigger school, in Columbus, with the negatives shows that the pieces are there. We just need to sharpen a few things up and we could again be very dangerous come playoff time. I think there is a lot of growth that needs to take place but we are in a good spot 4 weeks into the season.
And plenty of time to work on that.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

As expected but left a lot of plays on the field that need cleaned up.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Well said banana. Lots of things we can clean up as we head into week 5. I liked the toughness and running right at them in the 2nd half. Can I get a holding call on the wattterson offense please. I'm wondering what the penalties numbers were. I thought the defense played great. We have to stop the turnovers. And I do love the onside kicks, When they work. But when they don't. You spend the entire first quarter playing in the shadow of your own end zone. I hate putting Our defenses back to the wall like that right off the bat. All in all. A great win against a good team. And we gotta get ready for another good one next eeek

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 pm
VetteMan wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:34 am I have a friend whose son plays for Watterson. Trust me, they are very much aware of Wheelersburg. As someone said earlier, Burg jumped on them really quick last year and they seemed stunned the rest of the game. I think Burg will win because they are a better team, but it wouldn't surprise me if Watterson plays a very good first half, and then Burg takes control in the second half.
Looks like you found the flux capacitor Doc. Well done.
I have no idea how the game went other than hearing the final score. 21 to 0 sounds like a very solid win to me. I would guess that Watterson gave it everything they had after the beating they took last year. Sounds like a very good road win over a team that has an awful lot of success themselves over the years.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wheelersburg 21 Columbus Bishop Watterson 0

Post by mattash »

Wheelersburg 21 Columbus Bishop Watterson 0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”