Waverly 35 Valley 28

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Waverly (5-0) @ Valley (2-3)

Post by VetteMan »

I think you have enough Juniors and Seniors on your roster to not allow that to happen.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Defense yes but special teams I think would go in valleys favor just because the way they kick they only kick it off about 15 yards and they are really good at recovering them plus valley has several players that are very dangerous at returns if andronis plays for valley I think they can keep it within 14 points but if not then it might be a long night for valley

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:50 am Defense yes but special teams I think would go in valleys favor just because the way they kick they only kick it off about 15 yards and they are really good at recovering them plus valley has several players that are very dangerous at returns if andronis plays for valley I think they can keep it within 14 points but if not then it might be a long night for valley
I understand your point about the 15 yard kickoffs but without having seen Valley’s special teams its hard to believe they have the advantage over the Tigers in that category.
Valley will have to keep the kickoffs away from Shoemaker & Wolfe or else......... Hopefully Valley will only be kicking off once, lol.
I’m sure Waverly will keep it away from Adronis. I’m sure they learned their lesson when kicking to Wilburn last week.
I have not see Valley’s kicker by Diener for Waverly is money from 35, can make from further out.
Punting is special teams too: Unless Valley punts it out of bounds Shoemaker & Wolfe are a threat to take any punt (short or long) to the house.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

One thing that I can tell you, Valley is going to come to play and they will not quit. Valley ran up and down the field with Raceland, and even stalled 2X inside the 15, and Raceland tacked a few scores on late and it looked far worse than it was.

Obviously Waverly is the favortie, thats clear...but dont be shocked if it's a 1 score game moving into the 4th.

Good Luck Indians.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Is Brown going to be able to go for the Tigers this week? It sounds like they need him with the loss of lineman Welch (torn ACL according to his mom on Facebook).

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm Is Brown going to be able to go for the Tigers this week? It sounds like they need him with the loss of lineman Welch (torn ACL according to his mom on Facebook).
Correct, Welch going down is yet another blow. Brown will be back.....

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If I was Valley whether or not I'm kicking off or punting, I would consider kicking the ball out of bounds. If you kick the ball to either Shoemaker or Wolfe, either one can burn you and take it all the way to the house. I have no doubt that the Valley coaches are well aware of this, just as the Waverly coaches are with the pooch kickoffs.

TIGERTOWN87
Waterboy

Post by TIGERTOWN87 »

Make no mistake, Valley is a formidable opponent for the Tigers. That being said, I have watched and been a part of Waverly football for four decades now and this is one of the most athletic teams the Tigers have put on the field. This game boils down to turnovers and momentum. If Waverly secures the ball and does their job, this is a two to three touchdown game. But it doesnt take much to change that. Coach D Crabtree does an exceptional job of preparing his kids and exposing the opposing teams weaknesses. If the ball bounces the Valley way, this could be a dog fight. First week of SOC II action, can't wait!!!

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

If Valley pooches every kick, I would think Waverly might want to fair catch them all. I would also move Shoe and Wolf up to the second line of the return team instead of the back line.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Is Andronis out?

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly by three touchdowns.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:38 pm
The Flush wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm Is Brown going to be able to go for the Tigers this week? It sounds like they need him with the loss of lineman Welch (torn ACL according to his mom on Facebook).
Did Welch fill in for Brown when he went out? Or was he already a starter? Just curious how the line is going to be now with Welch out and Brown back

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Waverly needs to start out hot and put the Indians away early. I know that will not be an easy task and will take a great effort and game plan to make that happen. But I think if the Tigers are able to get a comfortable lead in the first half, they should come back home 6-0. If the Tigers let the Indians hang around or get the lead on them, it could go the Indians way. I'm sure Valley would love nothing more than to give the Tigers their first L and start 1-0 in SOC play. They are capable of doing so, but I believe this is the Tigers game to lose.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I don’t see Valley being able to slow down Waverly , and I don’t think they can keep pace offensively.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 am
smurray wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:38 pm
Did Welch fill in for Brown when he went out? Or was he already a starter? Just curious how the line is going to be now with Welch out and Brown back
Welch was a starter. I think they put Brown back in the spot he was in and moved his replacement over to Welch spot. I don’t think the OLine will have any issues.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mikepike wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:34 am I don’t see Valley being able to slow down Waverly , and I don’t think they can keep pace offensively.
Let’s hope that’s the case..

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Will this be Browns first time being able to play since practice started this year? Also is he a Junior or Senior?

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Brown is a junior I believe.

Champs2017
Waterboy

Post by Champs2017 »

smurray wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:37 pm Is Andronis out?
He’s questionable

Champs2017
Waterboy

Post by Champs2017 »

Valley 35
Waverly 21

I believe the dynamic duo in the backfield will dominate waverly weak dline and Shope and the receivers have been balling

Return to “Football”