Wheelersburg 52 Portsmouth West 7 Round 1 Region 20 2018

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Region 20 #8 Portsmouth West @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:15 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:46 pm
jumpstart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Take out your players? You guys just flat out take our players and everyone elses for that matter. How many free Tennessee vacations do your board members give out a year
Bro. We take what we want. Like that Gold Football. Year after year after year. A good program speaks for itself.

Put yourself in these shoes. You have the ability to go play for the best program in your county. Whether it be open enrollment or just plain moving to the district. What do you do? Your parents even ask if you want to go. They’re for it. What do you do? Do you go where you can succeed? Or do you stay put?

Now. You have your answer. These other people have theirs. Leave it at that.
Jolly, you have probably the most athletic kid in Minford elementary school. Has burg offered you a free vacation to move him there? Hahaha come on. Recruiting in seo is a joke. Success in all areas is what is bringing these kids to the burg.
They do that? I’ll have to look into it. Been a while since I’ve seen the mountains. 😂

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You think maybe these kids seeing the success the Pirates have had in the playoffs by making deep runs and winning it all last year, that if they come here they have a better chance being seen and recruited? On top of that you have a chance at a state title. And to top all of that off, its a great school system so they get a quality education as well. Wouldn't you want that for your kid?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

jumpstart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:19 pm
Footballfan96 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:50 pm Here we go with the recruiting crap again it’s amazing west can talk but soon as you ask them to name one it’s gets quit like a ghost town there so called best player ever was came from nw people just need to shut up
Look no further than your 2 new recruits on your 8th grade team this year. one recruited from Valley and one from West. Both are stand out 3 star atheletes arguably the best from each respective school.
And?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:48 pm You think maybe these kids seeing the success the Pirates have had in the playoffs by making deep runs and winning it all last year, that if they come here they have a better chance being seen and recruited? On top of that you have a chance at a state title. And to top all of that off, its a great school system so they get a quality education as well. Wouldn't you want that for your kid?
BG77. I think it’s all that. Along with the community support. Agreed whole heartedly, why wouldn’t you want your kids to have that opportunity. Always want better for my kid than I had. It’s a no brainer

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Footballfan96 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:50 pm Here we go with the recruiting crap again it’s amazing west can talk but soon as you ask them to name one it’s gets quit like a ghost town there so called best player ever was came from nw people just need to shut up
Look no further than your 2 new recruits on your 8th grade team this year. one recruited from Valley and one from West. Both are stand out 3 star atheletes arguably the best from each respective school.
We got one from valley? Seems you know it all!

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:17 pm
You’ll find that a lot on here. People at area schools seem to know a lot more about what’s happening in the burg than anyone from the burg.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

There is a difference between someone getting the kid and convincing them to go their school than the kid deciding on their own terms to go whether or not it is open enrolling or moving into the district, I know for one thing if I were a kid I would want to go to burg, you practice against great players everyday and that only makes you better as a player

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I can think of two extremely talented kids that left Burg for other schools within the last couple years...I guess they were tired of Tennessee.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Maybe they were only offered the Shawnee Lodge package.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

I would say it’s gonna be nice to not have to hear all the negative comments about Wheelersburg after this week but all those jealous trolls are gonna be lurking waiting for Wheelersburg to slip up just the slightest and they’ll be there ready to pounce. Kinda like the first half of the Columbus Academy game last year when all the naysayers were talking smack only to not hear from them after the game.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Back to the game Wheelersburg takes care of West and hopefully gets ready for a possible return trip to Chillicothe week 12.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Actually it was 3 from West, one from Valley, one from Minford, and one from South Webster. All 8th graders.

Wheelersburg should go to D4 next year because of competitive balance. Unless they ran off enough band kids to stay D5

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cato wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Actually it was 3 from West, one from Valley, one from Minford, and one from South Webster. All 8th graders.

Wheelersburg should go to D4 next year because of competitive balance. Unless they ran off enough band kids to stay D5
Actually 2 from west, one of which dad lives in burg, the other lives in Portsmouth so he’s a transfer of a transfer. The minford kid has always lived in burg. The Webster kid never played football. No idea on the valley kid. So maybe people should know facts prior to saying something.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

The one West kid doesn't live in Burg. He lives in Minford district. When the father found that out this summer he tried to sell his house because he didn't sign the kid up for open enrollment. There was another kid that graduated from the same address last year that didn't count towards the CB number because they said he was an in district kid when he wasn't. Bet this kid is the same.

Kids living in Webster and Franklin Furnace but using Wheelersburg addresses happens frequently. One is a quarterback in high school

And there were 3 from West. One doesn't play much

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Get off it. Let’s talk about the game between West high school and Wheelersburg high school.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:42 pm
Cato wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Actually 2 from west, one of which dad lives in burg, the other lives in Portsmouth so he’s a transfer of a transfer. The minford kid has always lived in burg. The Webster kid never played football. No idea on the valley kid. So maybe people should know facts prior to saying something.
Valley kid came because of baseball. I hear he’s transferring back.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

bleed_blue wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:09 pm Get off it. Let’s talk about the game between West high school and Wheelersburg high school.
Why? Posters love to make jokes and pretend it doesn't happen, but want you to change the subject when you present facts.

Fact is Wheelersburg was 6 kids from D4 with the largest Competitive Balance number of any public school in the state. As the previous post said it should've been bigger than that. 40 percent of last year's football roster lived out of district. And based on the number of transfers in the current 8th and 9th grades that number is gonna raise drastically.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cato wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:33 pm
bleed_blue wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:09 pm Get off it. Let’s talk about the game between West high school and Wheelersburg high school.
Why? Posters love to make jokes and pretend it doesn't happen, but want you to change the subject when you present facts.

Fact is Wheelersburg was 6 kids from D4 with the largest Competitive Balance number of any public school in the state. As the previous post said it should've been bigger than that. 40 percent of last year's football roster lived out of district. And based on the number of transfers in the current 8th and 9th grades that number is gonna raise drastically.
You just lost credibility with that last statement. You truly don’t know anything.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I find it comical that where kids that aren’t yours are going to school is such a worry to anyone...if you know of something that is in violation of the rules that everyone plays under, report it...if not, huddle in a corner of your shower and weep over it.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Sorry the school district you reside in is not as desirable as another...more townhomes are being built in Wheelersburg as we type...rent one

Return to “Football”