Re: WK1 Gallia Academy @ Meigs

Post by bighead »

Upset ! GA 21 Meigs 18

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Let's Go Blue Devils!

(Many current and former GAHS fans/posters should enjoy that one)

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

bighead wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:16 am Upset ! GA 21 Meigs 18
Now you're talkin' KW!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Time is going so slow.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This will be interesting after seeing Gallia kill Unioto. Go Meigs

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:53 pm This will be interesting after seeing Gallia kill Unioto. Go Meigs
So does this mean if Meigs kills Gallipolis that we just might be predicted to come in 5th in TVC-OHIO....LOL

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Good luck Coach Penrod!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Looking forward to tonight. First real measure stick of the year. As a blue devil fan looking forward to cotining improvement. Hoping for a win..Go devilS!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO TVC!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck to coach Penrod.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

anything on this game?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

No score in 2nd. Meigs down to 3rd string QB

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ouch

Peregrine06
Riding the Bench

Post by Peregrine06 »

Gallia scores and gets 2 point conversion last play of the half. 8-0 Headed into the locker room.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Meigs wins in final seconds

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Meigs 14 Gallia academy 8. Final score. Congratulations to meigs to fight through the injuiers and coming up with a winning game plan. After them.. IT is a strange situation almost Like the injuries benefitted the offense. And the blue Devils could not adjust.

Now I am going to comment on the officiating I am not going to talk about any calls because if I set on the other side I may have seen them different..

But had some of these officials never worked together as a group or what. That might of been some of the worst Reffing mechanics I have ever seen. Takes you 7 minutes to decide intentional grounding is a loss of down? Roughing the kicker is a 10 yard penny and automatic 1st down? I thought 15 or 5..

How do you let a coach come out on field with no timeouts and talk and get in refs face for that long.. and on and on.

One final comment. I understand he didn't mean to but your PA announcer yelling in the middle of pass player turn around to your player... how do you act like that didn't happen.. NO Oops or nothing..

Hope the injured boys ok. Think both these teams will be OK. Proud of my Blue Devils efforts.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Update on injured players Zach Helton out with a broken collar bone

Christian Mattox out with possible MCL Damage

Both will be seen on Monday to see where it goes from there.

Great comeback Meigs!!! Still gonna be a tough year.

I will give Gallia credit, they were very well prepared and physical. However without the injuries I think our Offense would have got going. We was also missing starting center and guard.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:25 pm Update on injured players Zach Helton out with a broken collar bone

I will give Gallia credit, they were very well prepared and physical. However without the injuries I think our Offense would have got going. We was also missing starting center and guard.
I honestly think the offense clicked much better once the injuries happened. I think I'd look at playing Cox at QB regardless if the other two make it back or not. Not that he's better or gonna carry the team in his back, but he just fits. He gives you just enough. I think running Adams as QB was great too. The stars of the night got Meigs were their athletic receivers. They made plays. Plain and simple.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:40 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:25 pm Update on injured players Zach Helton out with a broken collar bone

I honestly think the offense clicked much better once the injuries happened. I think I'd look at playing Cox at QB regardless if the other two make it back or not. Not that he's better or gonna carry the team in his back, but he just fits. He gives you just enough. I think running Adams as QB was great too. The stars of the night got Meigs were their athletic receivers. They made plays. Plain and simple.
You think they clicked, I am glad we came back and won, and you are right about the receivers, they went up and got the ball. they were determined. But come on 2 Senior players that have been Varsity since they were Freshmen and you don;t think they would have got the timing and defensive reads down. We were playing Gallipolis not Athens or NY.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:07 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:40 pm

You think they clicked, I am glad we came back and won, and you are right about the receivers, they went up and got the ball. they were determined. But come on 2 Senior players that have been Varsity since they were Freshmen and you don;t think they would have got the timing and defensive reads down. We were playing Gallipolis not Athens or NY.
I didn't say that, but you talked about how well GA was prepared, and they were. They were not prepared for what they got with the mix of Cox, Adams and Bartrum. It seemed to really work for them.

Return to “Football”