Northwest 16 - 22 Symmes Valley SOC1 Chip

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Can Northwest knock off Symmes?

Post by rxburgfan »

NW is a challenge. Problem with them is size wise they are a big dog but the fight is that of a small dog. They took a beating as a SOC 2 school. I hope they can find some traction and then get back to where they belong.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Any final yet?

Nothing better than a great tan on a nude beach!
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

22-16 symmes valley according to joe eitel

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
southern_ohio_fan
Waterboy

Post by southern_ohio_fan »

A perfect storm for a Northwest L. Dumb penalties, poor play calling, 2 costly turnovers on the first and last possessions of the game and terrible refereeing. No doubt the best team didn't walk off the field victorious but congrats to Symmes Valley for being the most disciplined, this leading them to a well earned SOC Championship. Good luck in the playoffs, Vikings.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

southern_ohio_fan wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:23 pm A perfect storm for a Northwest L. Dumb penalties, poor play calling, 2 costly turnovers on the first and last possessions of the game and terrible refereeing. No doubt the best team didn't walk off the field victorious but congrats to Symmes Valley for being the most disciplined, this leading them to a well earned SOC Championship. Good luck in the playoffs, Vikings.
Don't backhand complement it, best team walked off the field. The best teams don't turn it over, they don't get dumb penalties and they don't make excuses. Northwest is a young team, they didn't play well last week, up 15-12 at half on Eastern and they didn't play well this week. Simply put down the stretch it got to be to much. I took SV because of NW being young and not knowing how to win it yet, proved me right. Congrats to SV.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

3 turnovers and over a hundred yards in penalties. That's not going to win many games.
Hats off to coach Webb and the Vikings.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:39 pm 3 turnovers and over a hundred yards in penalties. That's not going to win many games.
Yeah that's tough pill, but it will make those youngsters grow up quite a bit. NW will be in the mix again next year for a title run.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Man, I definitely didn’t want to see SV win purely for seeding purposes (Newark Catholic, even if we would’ve lost to them by 30* is who I wanted us to play... old rivalry for us).

But, congrats to the Symmes Valley community. Their players, fans, and coaching staff deserved to see playoffs this year. Seriously, congrats SV.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congratulations symmes Valley, you earned it, enjoy it.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:43 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:39 pm 3 turnovers and over a hundred yards in penalties. That's not going to win many games.
Yeah that's tough pill, but it will make those youngsters grow up quite a bit. NW will be in the mix again next year for a title run.
Talked to a lot of them after the game. Their ready to get back after it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:46 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:43 pm
Talked to a lot of them after the game. Their ready to get back after it.
With the youth on that team I'm hoping the AD is taking this opportunity to schedule up a bit over the next couple of years. They can win a SOC title but they'll need those out of conference games to make the playoffs in that region.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Good thing for Northwest is they will have around 70 players on the roster next year! To the other smaller teams in the SOC1! We think you work hard also but suck it up.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

dirt_cinders wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:03 am Good thing for Northwest is they will have around 70 players on the roster next year! To the other smaller teams in the SOC1! We think you work hard also but suck it up.
I think that's good for the SOC1 if they want to compete in the playoffs. They need these style of teams.

Symmes Valley only loses their QB.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
alabama mike
SE

Re: Northwest 16 - 22 Symmes Valley SOC1 Chip

Post by alabama mike »

Congratulations to SV on winning the game last night. They ran well, could throw the ball When needed and did not have any turnovers that I recall. The young Mohawks had chances but couldn’t make the plays when needed. Good things are happening at NW and those young Mohawks will be sophomores and juniors next year. Thanks to our 6 seniors on a winning season and hopefully, getting the program turned in the right direction. You did your part and now it’s time for the other classes to build on what you started.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

dirt_cinders wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:03 am Good thing for Northwest is they will have around 70 players on the roster next year! To the other smaller teams in the SOC1! We think you work hard also but suck it up.
Be quiet

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

packers80 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:02 pm
Be quiet
**wrong forum, didn't mean to post that**

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

heartbreaking loss by Mohawks.a senior acting like burfict or worse.shakey coaching.3 turnovers.#31 is a beast and only got I carry and shoulda played a lot more.i was there and this ones on the coaching staff.for mohawks to win big and make playoffs gonna have to step it up a notch.QB AND kickoff teams and discipline need addressed also.the 1st qtr,was a debacle of wacky plays and penalties down 14 way to soon.thanks to getting the real players involved just to stay in the game.

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

southern_ohio_fan wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:23 pm A perfect storm for a Northwest L. Dumb penalties, poor play calling, 2 costly turnovers on the first and last possessions of the game and terrible refereeing. No doubt the best team didn't walk off the field victorious but congrats to Symmes Valley for being the most disciplined, this leading them to a well earned SOC Championship. Good luck in the playoffs, Vikings.
I was there.coaches sit some starters to much for senior night.wacky fake and punt.senior acting crazy and kicked out of game.#31 is a team beast only played half the game.this ones on the coaching.all the boys could do to get back in game.very disappointing loss.better coach up next year.QB and special teams need addressed too.if they woulda been in that 3/5 defence they woulda got gashed.at least they played the4/4 and4/3 respectavley

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

goindians42 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:26 pm heartbreaking loss by Mohawks.a senior acting like burfict or worse.shakey coaching.3 turnovers.#31 is a beast and only got I carry and shoulda played a lot more.i was there and this ones on the coaching staff.for mohawks to win big and make playoffs gonna have to step it up a notch.QB AND kickoff teams and discipline need addressed also.the 1st qtr,was a debacle of wacky plays and penalties down 14 way to soon.thanks to getting the real players involved just to stay in the game.
well considering you just posted the same thing twice guessing you're a parent and probably of #31 or relative, whatever the case might be. Coaches cause the 3 turnovers?? Coaches make their players get penalties?? Everyone within the Northwest organization from player to coaches had a hand in losing to SV. I get tired of people always blaming a coach, ref or even a player, these teams are a complete unit and have to function as one. Coaches do the coaching to get the players ready and once the game starts you hope the coaches are calling the right plays and the players are executing those plays. Until that coach can make a player turn the ball over or make a player get a penalty then it's a equal share of the winning and when you take a loss. No one was complaining when Campbell got his 9 Tds, funny how winning and losing differs in the eyes of the people watching the game.

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

your right its a total team effort.the loss tore me up.there was 4 or 5 plays ran I just could not understand.both teams will be tough and ready next season.SV is on of the best gang tackling teams ive ever seen,ill be okay.just really a heartbreaker.your right the turnovers was the killer.penalties too.MOHAWK NATION will rise again.sorry my post got outta hand man.

Return to “Football”