Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by Kirtland80 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:14 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:05 am They have been in the weight room for almost 2 hours. 7:15 all of them were there. They are a gritty, determined bunch that does not care what sacrifices it takes. They did it all week last week for 3 and 4 hours at a time after practice, well every week this season for that matter
I've read things about the weightroom. If this is legit, then to me it's more impressive than their win streak

As far as the game, I agree with another poster Ironton's best shot was last year. Carrico has willed this team in the playoffs. They had some serious luck with the Ridgewood quarterback being out, as Ridgewood was better than the team last night just as it was last year. But either way you have to hand it to Carrico, he is tough. Kirtland won't let him run, someone else will have to beat them and he doesn't exist on this team imo
Church of Iron on Sunday mornings. It’s not only Sundays. It’s 7 days a week. It’s legit. These guys live in there
Attachments
0D09A7EB-4C8E-4FDF-9FDE-F57D67A43BD9.png

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

You can find these everywhere. They will stay 3-4 hours every night this week after practice
Attachments
EBE99FC6-073F-4DAE-8E84-79B72DF73EA7.png
D2E45CA7-40EE-4094-94D7-1683A65F716B.png
0F2B16DF-FB82-49A3-8ABE-CCB2CF7E7522.png

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Very Impressive

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

This will be Ironton’s 10th state championship appearance:

State Champions: 1979, 1989.
State Runner Up: 1973, 1982, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1999, 2019.

Final Four Appearances: 1973, 1975, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2019, and 2020.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:34 pm This will be Ironton’s 10th state championship appearance:

State Champions: 1979, 1989.
State Runner Up: 1973, 1982, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1999, 2019.

Final Four Appearances: 1973, 1975, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2019, and 2020.
This team is capable of having a run like they did from 92-95 if they keep up the hard work

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:05 am They have been in the weight room for almost 2 hours. 7:15 all of them were there. They are a gritty, determined bunch that does not care what sacrifices it takes. They did it all week last week for 3 and 4 hours at a time after practice, well every week this season for that matter
I've read things about the weightroom. If this is legit, then to me it's more impressive than their win streak

As far as the game, I agree with another poster Ironton's best shot was last year. Carrico has willed this team in the playoffs. They had some serious luck with the Ridgewood quarterback being out, as Ridgewood was better than the team last night just as it was last year. But either way you have to hand it to Carrico, he is tough. Kirtland won't let him run, someone else will have to beat them and he doesn't exist on this team imo

wonderful post, but I disagree that carrico has willed the team back to the state game. he is a fiery, determined , blessed athlete. but he is not a team. no one person can do anymore than they can do. there are 11 on offense, no matter who has the ball. and there are 11 on the defense, no matter who you have to tackle. I'm taking nothing from carrico. he is amazing, but so too are the ironton fighting tigers. turnovers will happen, they should , last night we were down to the final 4 teams in d5, the best of the best. so I expected nothing but a battle. and that mountain will be much higher this week to crest. but that's what ironton football has been built on, being overcomers.but we have a whole team of wonderful young men, and a whole staff full of wonderful of coaches. no player is ever bigger than the game. no matter who it is. we have a tall task, but we have the horses to do it. who cares what team didn't have who. it is football. not a contact sport, a collision sport. and injuries happen daily. so a team has to turn over as a whole, and lean on different schemes each week by adapting. the bottom line is we are the 2 left. let's toss our marbles in the circle and see what happens. the absolute worst we can do is end up being the 2nd best team in d5. but ironton ain't into moral victories, they'll be focused, not intimidated.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:49 pm

wonderful post, but I disagree that carrico has willed the team back to the state game. he is a fiery, determined , blessed athlete. but he is not a team. no one person can do anymore than they can do. there are 11 on offense, no matter who has the ball. and there are 11 on the defense, no matter who you have to tackle. I'm taking nothing from carrico. he is amazing, but so too are the ironton fighting tigers. turnovers will happen, they should , last night we were down to the final 4 teams in d5, the best of the best. so I expected nothing but a battle. and that mountain will be much higher this week to crest. but that's what ironton football has been built on, being overcomers.but we have a whole team of wonderful young men, and a whole staff full of wonderful of coaches. no player is ever bigger than the game. no matter who it is. we have a tall task, but we have the horses to do it. who cares what team didn't have who. it is football. not a contact sport, a collision sport. and injuries happen daily. so a team has to turn over as a whole, and lean on different schemes each week by adapting. the bottom line is we are the 2 left. let's toss our marbles in the circle and see what happens. the absolute worst we can do is end up being the 2nd best team in d5. but ironton ain't into moral victories, they'll be focused, not intimidated.
He is not the team, but he’s the X factor. He accounted for everything last night. It’s like having a 7 footer in basketball. You’re just automatically slightly better.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree woby, obviously.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:40 am I expect Ironton to play better as the underdogs. If they take care of the ball they can certainly win this game. No doubt about it.

Pendleton gets them focused and ready this week.....

Ironton wins 21-14
I’m gonna have to agree here and go with this mindset as a fan!
I think it’s a solid mental concept to use as a coaching staff to start with too.

Tigers have nothing to lose and ALL to prove & if they play as I’ve seen in previous games, they stand a chance.

We’ve played great competition -v- Harvest Preparatory/WLR in past two games and that’s a solid prep schedule for next Saturday.

Time for Coach & Co to prove their worth and I strongly believe like @You’re Tiger Bait said, that there are plenty of athletes on this team to utilize.
Always a spark of some light somewhere outside of just Carrico.
The two sophomore backs are talented and the future core of the IHS next season.
The turnovers will not hinder those talents next week either. Coach has to present a winning package to execute & They’ve all gotta step up to get it done.

Time to :

Heal up.
Practice hard.
Mental prep.
Execute.

GoTigersGo!!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Best of luck Ironton!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm Just looked it up. We need 1 win to tie the longest winning streak ever in Ohio. Makes this game even bigger. Cincinnati Wyoming currently holds that record at 41 games. We are at 40 and also it’s the second longest streak in the nation
Amazing stat!!!

But next saturday, it ends.

Ironton wins up front this go round. I got the Tigers in the upset in a nail biter.

Ironton 17
Kirtland 14

Boblutzthegreat
Waterboy

Post by Boblutzthegreat »

If bob lutz was coaching we’d win by 50 but now we don’t have a chance

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

TOTAL CLASS!!!

ELEVEN WARRIORS interviews Reid Carrico about RB win, Kirtland ReMatch, Respect for KirtLand, Corey Kiner, & surprise visit in video from Kiner.

CLASS ACT REPRESENTING:

IHS

SEO

OVC...

https://youtu.be/_KRMCpYrhhQ

#GoTgo

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:18 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:49 pm

He is not the team, but he’s the X factor. He accounted for everything last night. It’s like having a 7 footer in basketball. You’re just automatically slightly better.
Definitely the X factor. It all starts with containing him. We had success with that last year and we gotta do it again because he is no doubt a game changer. If we don’t, like I said earlier, he will keep them in this game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:31 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm Just looked it up. We need 1 win to tie the longest winning streak ever in Ohio. Makes this game even bigger. Cincinnati Wyoming currently holds that record at 41 games. We are at 40 and also it’s the second longest streak in the nation
Amazing stat!!!

Ironton wins up front this go round. I got the Tigers in the upset in a nail biter.

Ironton 17
Kirtland 14
Possibly but we haven’t been pushed around up front since MSML back in ‘17. That line they had was like a bulldozer. It was impossible to get a push on them. If your line is that caliber, you will win up front. That team was stacked! Best small school team I have ever seen

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:43 pm TOTAL CLASS!!!

ELEVEN WARRIORS interviews Reid Carrico about RB win, Kirtland ReMatch, Respect for KirtLand, Corey Kiner, & surprise visit in video from Kiner.

CLASS ACT REPRESENTING:

IHS

SEO

OVC...

https://youtu.be/_KRMCpYrhhQ

#GoTgo
Good video. Much respect to that young man and his teammates and all fans also

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:31 pm
Amazing stat!!!

Ironton 17
Kirtland 14
Possibly but we haven’t been pushed around up front since MSML back in ‘17. That line they had was like a bulldozer. It was impossible to get a push on them. If your line is that caliber, you will win up front. That team was stacked! Best small school team I have ever seen
I think a big part of that line push was that MSML had an all-Ohio lineman that now plays for Notre Dame. That always helps.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Otto wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:51 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:31 pm

Amazing stat!!!

Ironton 17
Kirtland 14
I think a big part of that line push was that MSML had an all-Ohio lineman that now plays for Notre Dame. That always helps.
Yes. I would have loved to see that team up against some D2 and D1 teams. They always say small school teams can’t play at those levels because the line will get bullied around. That may have been true up to the top teams in the state, but it would have took one heck of a line to push those guys around. We got bullied around in that game like they say small school teams would against D1. They were the D1, we were the D6. We could not get penetration for nothing and got bullied up front all game. As a result, running clock. The ONLY running clock we’ve had on us

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

After reading a lot of the posts on the Ironton/Roger Bacon thread, rest assured if we lose, there will be no “well if so and so played we would have won.” We had 3 guys out the last 3 games on the defensive side trying to get them ready for this coming game if we made it there. We were gonna play them only if we needed to. We never needed to. To the best of my knowledge, they are good to go and will be starting this game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:29 pm After reading a lot of the posts on the Ironton/Roger Bacon thread, rest assured if we lose, there will be no “well if so and so played we would have won.” We had 3 guys out the last 3 games on the defensive side trying to get them ready for this coming game if we made it there. We were gonna play them only if we needed to. We never needed to. To the best of my knowledge, they are good to go and will be starting this game

Good to be that deep!

IHS is dinged and held out some important players last couple games until need be, very limited action, or not at all.

I still noticed a couple of those guys in this situation last night.

I believe the dings resulted -v- Jon Mon & Harvest Prep.

Players that compliment & complete the team &
They’ll be all adrenaline & RET-2-GO!

GoTigersGo!

Return to “Football”