WK 2: St Henry 12 @ Fort Frye 16 Final

efarns
S

Re: WK 2: St Henry (1-0) @ Fort Frye (1-0)

Post by efarns »

Kudos to St. Henry for adding such a high quality opponent to their schedule.
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:15 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_y4UTyJQDo8

If anyone wants to watch St Henry.
I skipped around a little. Looks like they executed cleanly and have solid players at all positions.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:35 pm Kudos to St. Henry for adding such a high quality opponent to their schedule.
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:15 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_y4UTyJQDo8

If anyone wants to watch St Henry.
I skipped around a little. Looks like they executed cleanly and have solid players at all positions.
Covington is bad though so it’s hard to gage

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

St Henry looks very solid but I dont see the linemen to keep up with FF, dont see Fort running away with it but also dont see them losing. if FF gets a few big plays and churns out first downs they will win no doubt

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

EDSpy, Thanks for posting youtube vid of St. Henry. Got some big boys in the trenches. Read they have a lot of starters back

Nothing better than a great tan on a nude beach!
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Kirkland80 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:51 am
surfsider wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:35 am This one should draw the biggest crowd in history at FFHS. Who wouldn't want to see a MAC school travel this far to take on a program that has risen by leaps and bounds the past several years? St. Henry games usually sell out so if there's a way to see this one by all means do it.

I'd think Gridiron Glory would feature this one. Luckily it's on a Saturday.
I think FF wins this one if they can get past the MAC mystic. Maybe in a year or two they will take a few more steps up and put Kirtland on the schedule.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

surfsider wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:40 pm EDSpy, Thanks for posting youtube vid of St. Henry. Got some big boys in the trenches. Read they have a lot of starters back
Hard to tell anything tho. They could have success with those short passes but I think the run will struggle.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Are the officials for this game from the Parkersburg area? Asking for a friend who's layin' odds.

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

surfsider wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:35 am This one should draw the biggest crowd in history at FFHS. Who wouldn't want to see a MAC school travel this far to take on a program that has risen by leaps and bounds the past several years? St. Henry games usually sell out so if there's a way to see this one by all means do it.

Full Gridiron Glory schedule for week 2 will be posted tomorrow, but yes, we will be there on Saturday and previewing it on the show.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

RothGGProducer wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:52 pm

Full Gridiron Glory schedule for week 2 will be posted tomorrow, but yes, we will be there on Saturday and previewing it on the show.
Heck yea. Cadets schedule is loaded.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I think FF wins this one if they can get past the MAC mystic. Maybe in a year or two they will take a few more steps up and put Kirtland on the schedule.
Kirtland is an amazing program. They're also a division higher than Fort Frye. The village of Kirtland has a bigger population than Beverly + Lowell + Center Township + Lower Salem + Whipple + Coal Run. Your football team has twice as many kids on it as ours. I'm curious as to why you would want to play down? I just checked the top ten teams in Divisions IV and III, and I don't see any of those teams on your schedule. Am I missing them?

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

efarns wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:04 am

Kirtland is an amazing program. They're also a division higher than Fort Frye. The village of Kirtland has a bigger population than Beverly + Lowell + Center Township + Lower Salem + Whipple + Coal Run. Your football team has twice as many kids on it as ours. I'm curious as to why you would want to play down? I just checked the top ten teams in Divisions IV and III, and I don't see any of those teams on your schedule. Am I missing them?
Really? Last year Kirtland played and beat handidly the D4 state runner up, who by the way lost 31-28. Fort Frye has a great team and a legit shot to make a run to state finals and win it, but the "nobody will play us" card is embarrassing. Just bc nobody in your area your size will play you doesnt mean others wont. I will however give FF kudos on scheduling up, FF schedule is legit. Good luck to the Cadets... But I know for certain they were contacted by a D5 school and declined. Heck they beat referenced school in hoops this year and may have been the favorite on the gridiron as well.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:49 am

Really? Last year Kirtland played and beat handidly the D4 state runner up, who by the way lost 31-28. Fort Frye has a great team and a legit shot to make a run to state finals and win it, but the "nobody will play us" card is embarrassing. Just bc nobody in your area your size will play you doesnt mean others wont. I will however give FF kudos on scheduling up, FF schedule is legit. Good luck to the Cadets... But I know for certain they were contacted by a D5 school and declined. Heck they beat referenced school in hoops this year and may have been the favorite on the gridiron as well.
I don't know why scheduling decisions are made. Also, I don't go around on other teams' message boards telling them who they should and shouldn't play.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

Oh, my bad. I thought I read on here a few months ago that Fort Frye was having trouble getting anyone their size to play them. Thought that's why you were picking up a D2 school even. Maybe I was mistaken and you aren't having any trouble and are being more selective in the teams you play that are a division or 4 higher than you.

Blitzkreig77
Waterboy

Post by Blitzkreig77 »

Will this game be streamed?

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I probably shouldn't have reacted to that comment at all. I just know that, Fort Frye plays St Henry this week, and for some people, the outcome of the game does not matter, because it isn't (insert some other team here). And I shouldn't even react to those people. My mistake.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

efarns wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 am

I don't know why scheduling decisions are made. Also, I don't go around on other teams' message boards telling them who they should and shouldn't play.
I think some posters are growing tired of the “nobody will play us in Southeastern Ohio card” that a few on here are pushing, and the fact that the constant whining about schools dropping FF gets old. The fact is they had the chance to play a top D5 school within a reasonable distance in this part of Ohio in Week 2 and declined. That is why they are playing a school that has to travel 200 miles and 3.5 hours this weekend.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

CFB1 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:20 pm
efarns wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 am

I think some posters are growing tired of the “nobody will play us in Southeastern Ohio card” that a few on here are pushing, and the fact that the constant whining about schools dropping FF gets old. The fact is they had the chance to play a top D5 school within a reasonable distance in this part of Ohio in Week 2 and declined. That is why they are playing a school that has to travel 200 miles and 3.5 hours this weekend.
Playing up a few games is fine. Playing up 1 or 2 divisions for every game can be quite demanding. Is ff headed there, not quite yet. Have we scheduled "up" this year? For sure.

I think where ff is coming from, particularly when it comes to previous teams they have played for years is that ff took a beating for many years from woodsfield/monroe central, caldwell, and even Shenandoah and never once tried to get out of those games. But now, ff is dominating those series and those teams fled like they were on fire. Am i happy we are no longer playing those teams, for sure. I think it was a suprise that they dropped us and put us under alot of pressure finding games. Particularly finding a schedule that wasn't a gauntlet run after gauntlet run. I feel trimble is a great addition, ff and waterford will always play based on the economics alone, and hoping williamstown will keep us. But honestly, it's looking more and more like we are going to have to play a d5 type schedule moving forward. Love the pick up of st henry and lcc. Sometimes you don't have to be 10-0 to be the best team in your region. Just ask newark catholic

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FF gave us a game last time we played them. Nice name btw. I like FF in this one

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:52 pm

FF gave us a game last time we played them. Nice name btw. I like FF in this one
I know our staff has tried hard to replicate the participation kirtland gets in the weight room and other strength training type stuff. The dedication kirtland kids have shown is enormous. Since that loss to kirtland our entire program has made a huge effort in getting and keeping our kids in the weight room. With much success :)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cleveland.com
Attachments
9522251F-EA2C-4920-9B94-C7469E36625E.jpeg

Return to “Football”