Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

RBH23
SE

Re: Can Ironton beat Moeller?

Post by RBH23 »

Don’t be deceived by Moeller’s record last year. They lost to LaSalle (D2 state semi finalists), Elder, Trinity (powerhouse school from Louisville, KY), a powerhouse school in Indy, and twice to St Xavier (D1 state champ). Moeller plays an insane schedule and is also in the toughest football conference in Ohio.

As for what they have coming back:
- QB who started last 4 games in 2020. Averaged 220 yards passing and 2 touchdowns per game. He’s big and can throw the ball all over the field.
- TE who is committed to Kentucky. The QB’s favorite target.
- A WR who missed nearly all of last year. Finished second in the 100 last track season (in the state) and was clocked at sub 4.3/40 at Iowa State football camp. He has numerous D1 offers despite little playing time his junior year. However, against Bishop Hartley, he had 55 yards rushing on 2 carries and 95 receiving on 4 catches.

As for the defense, their strength is the front seven where they also have multiple D1 prospects.

For Ironton to win, they need:
- Moeller to come into the game banged up.
- Win the turnover battle by a large number. At least +4.
- Moeller to overlook them, which is possible since Ironton (on paper) is Moeller’s least talented opponent.
- Ironton QB throw for over 150 yards with the team rushing for over 200.

The schools out of the Cincinnati GCL are on a different level. Not your standard D1 schools. In the last 10 years, the teams in this conference have won seven state titles (keep in mind, 3 of the 4 teams are D1). Moeller has won two titles during that stretch.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Based off athletes the difference in this game will be if Ironton can make open field tackles and contain Moeller’s weapons in space. Ironton has proven the last few seasons they are sound defensively. Hope they pull it off.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Bdog_198807 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:11 am Absolutely and I am a burg fan. Not trying to over estimate but Ohio is a very powerful football state this Ironton team is special I wouldn't be afraid to say they could beat about 75% or more of the country. They just seem Nasty kinda like that 2017 burg team maybe better. I'm definitely rooting for them to bring another trophy down south. It's definitely not burg's year..
Lol tell me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close, w/o telling me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

David took his mighty stone and slung it at Goliath so we know how that went. Anything can happen, the kids from Moeller will take a nice trip to a part of the state I guarantee 90% of them have never been to as well should be a dandy of a game regardless

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:38 am
Bdog_198807 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:11 am Absolutely and I am a burg fan. Not trying to over estimate but Ohio is a very powerful football state this Ironton team is special I wouldn't be afraid to say they could beat about 75% or more of the country. They just seem Nasty kinda like that 2017 burg team maybe better. I'm definitely rooting for them to bring another trophy down south. It's definitely not burg's year..
Lol tell me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close, w/o telling me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close.
*Or any state in the south....GA, AL, LA, even TX or CA. Different brand of football in those states. 75% is extremely generous.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:48 am
*Or any state in the south....GA, AL, LA, even TX or CA. Different brand of football in those states. 75% is extremely generous.
I lived in Lakeland Florida for over 3 years. Football Friday there was unreal. There stadium looks like a small college and Lakeland is usually in the running for a state title.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Yup. People in SEO seem to have perceptions that are really "seperated" from the rest of the world. LOL

In 2021 that shouldnt be a thing. 😂

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:51 am

Yup. People in SEO seem to have perceptions that are really "seperated" from the rest of the world. LOL

I live in southern ohio but I understand the difference between here and other places. It's even evident between SEO and cincy, columbus and cleveland. It's just different.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:50 am

I lived in Lakeland Florida for over 3 years. Football Friday there was unreal. There stadium looks like a small college and Lakeland is usually in the running for a state title.
Yeah and look at the stadiums these HS teams have in Texas, I mean look no further than where the recruiting power comes from it's not SEO. Someone saying 75% is someone who hasn't seen anything outside of SEO. I wouldn't even put 75% on the teams in Ohio that they could beat.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:54 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:51 am

I live in southern ohio but I understand the difference between here and other places. It's even evident between SEO and cincy, columbus and cleveland. It's just different.
Yes sir. Understatement.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

greygoose wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:56 am

Yeah and look at the stadiums these HS teams have in Texas, I mean look no further than where the recruiting power comes from it's not SEO. Someone saying 75% is someone who hasn't seen anything outside of SEO. I wouldn't even put 75% on the teams in Ohio that they could beat.
Ohios best D1 team would get brutalized weekly in south florida. 💯

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

It really is something to see. Imagine ironton or burg vs Miami Central? 😂😂😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:58 am

Those miami boys would beat them seo boys on the field and if they didnt like it they would take em to the yard after the game and beat the breaks off of em again. Lol

Built WAY different.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Also the "punchers chance" reference does note make sense to me. It takes 4 full quarters to beat good teams. Even the hardest punch is only worth 7 points.

Batman53
Waterboy

Post by Batman53 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:28 am
Batman53 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:38 pm Didn’t Ironton beat a d1 school 2 years ago by a good margin? Depth does kill but you can never count a very talented team out. I’ll take ironton by 14+
You made that pick w ya heart not ya head. Fair enough.
Definitely not my heart I’m a rockhill boy but Ironton is a power house team who will dominate until they play for the state championship

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Herbstreit Classic results for Ohio teams 2005 - 2011. Not quite the 75% getting beat by the Florida teams.

Colerain 27, Tyler Lee (TX) 12

Westerville North 14, Westerville South 10

Hilliard Davidson 17, Saint Joseph's Prep (PA) 14

St. Edward 49, Springdale (AR) 3

Massillon Washington 35, Hamilton (AZ) 26

De La Salle (CA) 56, Elder 38

Don Bosco Prep (NJ) 21, Centerville 0

Lakeland (FL) 25, St. Xavier 22 OT

Byrnes (SC) 21, Moeller 20

Colerain 28, Cardinal O'Hara (PA) 0

Texas High (TX) 44, Findlay 21

Buford (GA) 34, Grove City 7

Long Beach Poly (CA) 21, Glenville 13

Cardinal Mooney 27, Gateway (PA) 6

Union (OK) 31, Canton McKinley 0

Cathedral (IN) 7, LaSalle 6

Colerain 20, Hoover (AL)17 OT

Mission Viejo (CA) 26, Moeller 22

Elder 41, Independence (NC) 34 OT

St. Xavier 38, DeMatha (MD) 7

Central Catholic (PA) 34, Northmont 6

Highlands (KY) 24, Trotwood-Madison 20

Klein Forest (TX) 27, Warren Howland 6

Cathedral (IN) 34, Canton McKinley 13

Cardinal Mooney 57, Covington Catholic (KY) 0

Jordan (UT) 27, Massillon Washington 24

Saint Thomas Aquinas (FL) 35, Elder 24

Warren Central (IN) 39, Middletown 35

Colerain 14, McKeesport (PA) 7 OT

St. Xavier 15, Prattville (AL) 10

Montgomery Bell Academy (TN) 21, Moeller 6

Huber Heights Wayne 20, East Saint Louis (IL) 12

Saint Rita (IL) 28, Lakota West 21

Cedar Hill (TX) 38, LaSalle 14

Bowie (TX) 48, Trotwood-Madison 0

Saint Thomas Aquinas (FL) 52, Upper Arlington 7

Hilliard Davidson 21, Westerville South 20

Pickerington Central 28, Orange Lutheran (CA) 14

Dublin Coffman 52, Olentangy Liberty 0

Westerville South 31, Dublin Coffman 21

Canton McKinley 26, Huber Heights Wayne 0

Glenville 26, Dwyer (FL) 22

Pickerington Central 36, Oscar Smith (VA) 20

St. Xavier 38, Pickerington Central 21

Upper Arlington 34, Springfield 19

Camden County (GA) 23, Glenville 14

Cathedral (IN) 34, Centerville 17

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:21 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:00 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:58 am

Those miami boys would beat them seo boys on the field and if they didnt like it they would take em to the yard after the game and beat the breaks off of em again. Lol

Built WAY different.
Yea, but I bet they can't beat you on Madden. You da best of da boyz in da hood, I mean ya momma's basement so you'd "beat da breaks off" them boyz down south in Madden fer sure. :mrgreen:
Truth.

Best SEO players that are also good at Madden would wisely use a Wing playbook and hold on for dear life in a one-score win.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:28 pm Best SEO players that are also good at Madden would wisely use a Wing playbook and hold on for dear life in a one-score win.
The only Ohio athlete that will ever be on the Madden cover is from Athens. All other Ohio athletes look average compared to the SEO kid :lol:

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:39 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:28 pm Best SEO players that are also good at Madden would wisely use a Wing playbook and hold on for dear life in a one-score win.
The only Ohio athlete that will ever be on the Madden cover is from Athens.
Be careful what you wish for. The Madden curse is real.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Go Joey!!!!

Return to “Football”