Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by Steegal »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:03 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:51 am
eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:22 am

Yes he “played” the board on this and they fell for it. And as you said, good for him. Now to prove he is worthy by delivering that danged elusive chip. Do you think he can finish the job?
Can he win a state title at Ironton? Yes. But he has to learn from the past games and make the necessary adjustments.
So I guess that’s the question. Can Sly make the adjustments necessary to win the big one? He’s won several of the little ones. But the only big time win he has is with the school board recently. Time to step it up a few notches on the gridiron and earn his keep.
Sly? I like it. Seems fitting too.

Steelers - Blue Devils - Eagles
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:03 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:51 am
eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:22 am

Yes he “played” the board on this and they fell for it. And as you said, good for him. Now to prove he is worthy by delivering that danged elusive chip. Do you think he can finish the job?
Can he win a state title at Ironton? Yes. But he has to learn from the past games and make the necessary adjustments.
So I guess that’s the question. Can Sly make the adjustments necessary to win the big one? He’s won several of the little ones. But the only big time win he has is with the school board recently. Time to step it up a few notches on the gridiron and earn his keep.
So he has went to three title games and you say he has not one a big one that don't even make sense.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

As a taxpayer in town, I am a bit put off by this whole series of events. Here we have a guy who cant close the deal in big games and he somehow dupes the school board into believing he has a job at Moeller. Yeah right! So they break out the check book and cave in. UNBELIEVABLE! But, its public school education for ya. It doesnt have to make sense.

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:48 pm Heard from a person close to the program that he was offered the Moeller job.Glad he is staying here.Go Tigers!
And its not over yet. The BOE is trying to protect themselves. But, I can put several zeroes on a check. Stay tuned.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:48 am
artisgilmore wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:48 pm Heard from a person close to the program that he was offered the Moeller job.Glad he is staying here.Go Tigers!
And its not over yet. The BOE is trying to protect themselves. But, I can put several zeroes on a check. Stay tuned.
I know how many zeros that was on the first offer, they’re not going to put any more zeros on that check unless they’re hiring Nick Saban lol.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:03 am
I know how many zeros that was on the first offer, they’re not going to put any more zeros on that check unless they’re hiring Nick Saban lol.
There was no offer. He was never a finalist!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:22 am

Ok, If you say so lol

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:39 am

Ok, If you say so lol
Frankly, I wish he did get an offer, but unfortunately he wasn’t a finalist.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

I don't know anyone on this board but theres no way pendleton went to moeller, applied, got the job and then said no thanks.

that's like me applying at ohio state and saying no thank you to the offer but im staying at Kentucky Christian.

Moeller is high level football. ironton is not

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:50 am

Ok, If you say so lol
Question is, did he make the “Moeller short list”?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:12 pm

Ok, If you say so lol
He was not a finalist.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:24 pm

He was not a finalist.
I didn’t think so. I didn’t see his name mentioned on that thread.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ok, If you say so lol
He was offered the job, don’t let the haters tell you otherwise. Ironton had a Board meeting and did what they had to do to keep him at Ironton. Ask big Moe, he still thinks Moeller will get him away from Ironton, but it’s not happening. To those that thinks he wants to Coach at the next level, maybe not. He’s going to be at Ironton for a long time. Remember Coach Lutz, he had a chance to Coach at the next level, look what he did.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:37 pm

He was offered the job, don’t let the haters tell you otherwise. Ironton had a Board meeting and did what they had to do to keep him at Ironton. Ask big Moe, he still thinks Moeller will get him away from Ironton, but it’s not happening. To those that thinks he wants to Coach at the next level, maybe not. He’s going to be at Ironton for a long time. Remember Coach Lutz, he had a chance to Coach at the next level, look what he did.
:lol:
so what your sayin is pendleton drove to cincinnati and applied for moeller, was offered the job, and turned it down? Seems logical. :lol:

sorry bro no one is buying that story.

Rb story is more logical.

He applied, didnt make the cut, ironton got nervous he was gonna leave and increased his salary.

ironton is small town football. if he applied to moeller, he wants to move up
Last edited by mustard on Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Got ya. Makes sense then why the Ironton board ponied up.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:45 pm

makes zero sense :lol:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

mustard wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:46 pm

Well, I should say it makes sense if they wanted to keep him from leaving.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:41 pm

so what your sayin is pendleton drove to cincinnati and applied for moeller, was offered the job, and turned it down? Seems logical. :lol:

He applied, didnt make the cut, ironton got nervous he was gonna leave and increased his salary.

Not only was he not offered the job, he was not even considered a finalist.

I live in Cincinnati. Was not hard to find the truth about this.

Here’s a quote: “Pendleton made a smart move to say he was offered the job so to get his AD position and $$ cause he was NOT a finalist for the Moe gig”.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:57 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:41 pm

Not only was he not offered the job, he was not even considered a finalist.

I live in Cincinnati. Was not hard to find the truth about this.

Here’s a quote: “Pendleton made a smart move to say he was offered the job so to get his AD position and $$ cause he was NOT a finalist for the Moe gig”.
So, the “Sly” moniker is fitting. Seems he pulled one over on the powers at Ironton. He’s probably just as sly in recruiting too. Now forever known as Sly. 🤣

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:49 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:46 pm

Well, I should say it makes sense if they wanted to keep him from leaving.
i gotcha. :lol:

if pendlelton wants to run around the cobbled brick streets of ironton on his golf cart..get free haircuts... and talk about the strategies and upcoming season with all the glory day fellas as they pick up his beer tab for the rest of his life, then he should stay..

but if he wants to coach at a high level he's gonna go, matter of time. that's why he applied at moeller

Return to “Football”