Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Oak
Freshman Team

Re: Region 19 #3 Coshocton (11-1) @ #1 Wheelersburg (12-0)

Post by Oak »

wobycat wrote:Dude that's why they call them upsets. Sometimes the best team doesn't win. It's got nothing to do with sleeping better lol. That's my point, burg was upset last night. It's baffling that posters are missing that and can't be objective. S
That's where you're wrong. It was not an upset. Wheelersburg has had a really good run lately, but this team was weak in 2 major position groups (offensive line and interior defense). They met a team that could compete enough in the other phases of the game to where the weak run defense beat them. This team had good athletes, but if you put them back in time (say 5, 10, 15 years), they would've been very average.
Last edited by Oak on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

ELChapo wrote:I find it rather hilarious that the Burg posters who trolled every Ironton game thread are crying like babies after their loss. Somebody needs to call you all a whambulance. Do you need coloring books, play dough, or therapy dogs to get you through this?

LOL! Yea I figure they're all "butt hurt" over the thrashing they took, and need to put some "seasoning on that crow they're eating." :mrgreen:

Oh yea, looks like that D-line got dominated. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

Post by I'mproudofmyboys »

:D :lol:
The Oaf wrote:
Proudofmyboys wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:Judging by past games this season, Coshocton gives up points. Burg Does Not. Havent allowed more than 19 points in a game a that was once. Very few points allowed
Not saying it will be the case here, but when you are giving up 20-30 to lower quality teams..... Burg's offense "should" exploit Coshocton's Defense
I think you have mistaken....Coshocton's only loss was to a Division 3 team and they held out 2 of their running backs during that game.And the other 2 teams that scored points against them was Division 4 teams.They will hold their ground against a running team.As far as passing.One shouldn't underestimate their Qb.I will say...Burg holds the upperhand.But, will tell you this.This team is no slouch.Tournovers will change this game!Should be an all out brawl!!!
Those are really bad D4 teams. Really bad. Burg will win comfortably.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I'mproudofmyboys wrote::D :lol:
The Oaf wrote:
Proudofmyboys wrote: I think you have mistaken....Coshocton's only loss was to a Division 3 team and they held out 2 of their running backs during that game.And the other 2 teams that scored points against them was Division 4 teams.They will hold their ground against a running team.As far as passing.One shouldn't underestimate their Qb.I will say...Burg holds the upperhand.But, will tell you this.This team is no slouch.Tournovers will change this game!Should be an all out brawl!!!

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :oops:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

Just seen your post...I'm not going to rub it in.But, feel my thoughts were on point.Great season pirates!And this is coming from a humble Coshocton Alumni...

I'mproudofmyboys
Waterboy

wobycat wrote:Coshocton had no d. But they were very good at running the ball. If burg has a mistake free 1st half they win the game, they got the one stop they needed in the first half. You don't get that many chances to stop Coshocton running, it's their strength. In the second half burg had them at third and 10 twice, only to lose it by a pass. If they force both those punts burg still probably have came out and won. Bottom line you have to get Coshocton out of their offense.
Coshocton has several players that play both offense and Defense.And many were playing hurt in that game.I'm not one to trash talk.But, since you did.I will defend!Was Burg overated.Don't know.But, will say.No one thought Coshocton would beat Ironton.But,we did!No one thought we would beat Garaway!But, we did.(Garaway should of been the 1# team in the state!)No one thought Coshocton would beat the Burg!But we did!Coshocton controlled the game that night!We look to be a little bit healthier this week.I'm sure we will be the underdog against a Great Coldwater team.And that's fine...Just happy to make it to the top 4!

irishfootball
Waterboy

Post by irishfootball »

I'mproudofmyboys wrote:
wobycat wrote:Coshocton had no d. But they were very good at running the ball. If burg has a mistake free 1st half they win the game, they got the one stop they needed in the first half. You don't get that many chances to stop Coshocton running, it's their strength. In the second half burg had them at third and 10 twice, only to lose it by a pass. If they force both those punts burg still probably have came out and won. Bottom line you have to get Coshocton out of their offense.
Coshocton has several players that play both offense and Defense.And many were playing hurt in that game.I'm not one to trash talk.But, since you did.I will defend!Was Burg overated.Don't know.But, will say.No one thought Coshocton would beat Ironton.But,we did!No one thought we would beat Garaway!But, we did.(Garaway should of been the 1# team in the state!)No one thought Coshocton would beat the Burg!But we did!Coshocton controlled the game that night!We look to be a little bit healthier this week.I'm sure we will be the underdog against a Great Coldwater team.And that's fine...Just happy to make it to the top 4!
Coshocton is having a great season but please elaborate on why you believe Garaway should have been the #1 team in the state.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

The Oaf wrote:
Proudofmyboys wrote: I think you have mistaken....Coshocton's only loss was to a Division 3 team and they held out 2 of their running backs during that game.And the other 2 teams that scored points against them was Division 4 teams.They will hold their ground against a running team.As far as passing.One shouldn't underestimate their Qb.I will say...Burg holds the upperhand.But, will tell you this.This team is no slouch.Tournovers will change this game!Should be an all out brawl!!!
You really should read all my posts on this thread before you cherry pick just one. :roll: I was but a neutral observer. Those are indeed bad D4 squads, no matter how thick your homer goggles are. My position hasn't changed on that. Most people predicted a pirate win last week, I won't apologize for for my prediction. Upsets happen all the time. You will need the football gods to shine their fortune on you again this week in much the same manner. Good luck!

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The Oaf wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
You really should read all my posts on this thread before you cherry pick just one. :roll: I was but a neutral observer. Those are indeed bad D4 squads, no matter how thick your homer goggles are. My position hasn't changed on that. Most people predicted a pirate win last week, I won't apologize for for my prediction. Upsets happen all the time. You will need the football gods to shine their fortune on you again this week in much the same manner. Good luck!
"Butt hurt" much? :mrgreen:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Not at all jackass, I had no vested interest in this game. Can't you read?

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The Oaf wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
So you are "butt hurt" as made clear by your "jackass" reference. :mrgreen:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
No, the jackass insinuation is a direct reference to your lack of aptitude. It has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Keep scratching though.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The Oaf wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
No, the jackass insinuation is a direct reference to your lack of aptitude. It has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Keep scratching though.
Keep venting. Your "butt hurt" demeanor is becoming of you. :mrgreen:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
You're a Nelsonville-York fan? :lol: Now I understand your proclivity for this thread! No wonder you hate the SOCII and Ironton as much as you do. :lol: They've all ended the careers of several NY senior classes through the years in football. Burg, West, Ironton, even Minford! I'd bet Valley has as well but don't recall off the top of my head! Now you have a chance to live vicariously through Coshocton! Safe to say, you're the one who is butt hurt! And don't think your fondness for that term is lost upon anyone sailor! 8-)

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The Oaf wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
You're a Nelsonville-York fan? :lol: Now I understand your proclivity for this thread! No wonder you hate the SOCII and Ironton as much as you do. :lol: They've all ended the careers of several NY senior classes through the years in football. Burg, West, Ironton, even Minford! I'd bet Valley has as well but don't recall off the top of my head! Now you have a chance to live vicariously through Coshocton! Safe to say, you're the one who is butt hurt! And don't think your fondness for that term is lost upon anyone sailor! 8-)
That's it fella, keep venting. Is it easing any of the pain from your "butt hurt" syndrome? :mrgreen:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
That's it fella, keep venting. Is it easing any of the pain from your "butt hurt" syndrome? :mrgreen:
You really should stop, you just look silly now. Frankly, I'm starting to feel guilty about humoring myself at the expense of someone like you.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The Oaf wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
You really should stop, you just look silly now. Frankly, I'm starting to feel guilty about humoring myself at the expense of someone like you.
Whew! I see you're better now. Next time just get you some Prep H. A Burg fan told me it's a great cure for a red aszz and much easier than venting on here in front of God and everyone. :mrgreen:

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

The Oaf wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
2014 Valley over NY in Week 11 Oaf, but it was a close one like 16-7 or something like that. Valley lost to Kirtland in Week 14.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Abe Froman wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
2014 Valley over NY in Week 11 Oaf, but it was a close one like 16-7 or something like that. Valley lost to Kirtland in Week 14.
Oh thanks Abe but let the poor chap have his fun. He's sitting in the parking lot at Walmart in the family jalopy while his old lady is inside doing hot laps in her pj's on a rascal. Too late in the month to shop you see. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The Oaf wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Oh thanks Abe but let the poor chap have his fun. He's sitting in the parking lot at Walmart in the family jalopy while his old lady is inside doing hot laps in her pj's on a rascal. Too late in the month to shop you see. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I see you still have some red aszz. You want my "old lady" to pick you up some Preparation H? :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”