2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Prime Time
All State

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to the TIgers and dont drink what they’re selling. A transfer is a transfer whether you recruit in junior high. Freshman, sophomore etc. my take is maybe they’re upset they didn’t get there first. Good luck on a great year in the OVC. Plus you can shop in lower grades and it’s the same result, maybe more discreet but it’s being done. Open season every year.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Word is Ironton has 17 new additions to the roster this season. Some real talent

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:10 pm Word is Ironton has 17 new additions to the roster this season. Some real talent
Great seeing the kids getting back out and interested in the program again, all in.

Go Fighting Tigers......

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Hope the AD has time to make a lot of in home visits. He better have every necessary paper needed and filed and all t's crossed and i's dotted. Seems like anymore people are turning people in for recruiting.

I saw last week a school had three athletes ruled ineligible for the entire year and a coach was suspended, and ultimately fired, for allowing boosters to recruit kids. They were promising kids scholarships and playing time running the ball.
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:43 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:10 pm Word is Ironton has 17 new additions to the roster this season. Some real talent
Great seeing the kids getting back out and interested in the program again, all in.

Go Fighting Tigers......

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Isn’t the head coach the AD?

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:55 pm Congrats to the TIgers and dont drink what they’re selling. A transfer is a transfer whether you recruit in junior high. Freshman, sophomore etc. my take is maybe they’re upset they didn’t get there first. Good luck on a great year in the OVC. Plus you can shop in lower grades and it’s the same result, maybe more discreet but it’s being done. Open season every year.
You’re a sweet kid. Burg had two transfer out this year that would have played significant minutes. Kids who come to Burg come to compete. Some decide not to.

Coaches in the area are taking notes. It’s a small area.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Sounds like some burg fans are getting worried.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

artisgilmore wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:51 pm Sounds like some burg fans are getting worried.
What would Burg be worried about? Lol

Burg has won this game in convincing fashion for a decade. Ironton has declared themselves state champions, but they were 6-5 a year ago. They have a good recruiting class coming in, so that should help (if they don't get turned in or play a player that is ineligible). Ironton should be better, but not on Burgs level.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ravensfan09 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:37 am
artisgilmore wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:51 pm Sounds like some burg fans are getting worried.

Burg has won this game in convincing fashion for a decade. Ironton has declared themselves state champions, but they were 6-5 a year ago. They have a good recruiting class coming in, so that should help (if they don't get turned in or play a player that is ineligible). Ironton should be better, but not on Burgs level.
I'm glad I've got my boots on, stuffs getting pretty deep in here lol...….. especially from a Burg fan :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:32 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:56 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:45 pm Maybe they can shop around the Ashland/Raceland area to make it an even 70 😂😂
Coming from a Pirate fan :lol:
Just busting chops. Always a good sign when any team can increase their numbers.
we know that pirate, same here.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

laser breath wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:51 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:32 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:56 am

Coming from a Pirate fan :lol:
Just busting chops. Always a good sign when any team can increase their numbers.
There’s a difference proud pirate. Ironton definitely shopping burg just accepts. But hey to each their own.
OH NO YOU DIT UNT LASER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ravensfan09 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:37 am

we ain't declared ourselves anything. least ways I ain't we're 0-0 just like you guys right now. a good recruiting class coming in, you're a hoot. and offering scholarships. yes, I heard one set of parents is getting 20 hours a week at taco bell now. and the wife is mixin up amish donut batter at the new amish bakery in arntun to make dem wagon wheel donuts the size of yer head. I wish we would have had social media from like 1980 to 2007 when the burg reeled off 3 whole wins on ironton. fact is, it's getting back to what it should be now. and I think both sides want that. we're fittin to stop this streak of nonsense this year. and our coach has had a double dose of ya'll playing at west. so you can bet he is coachin for keeps. this will be a big ole yardstick for both squads to see where they stand. I only wish it was later in the season. but we should both come in healthy, with no excuses. and we'll just have to see about the burg's level when the gun goes off. burg is playing very competitive games now out of conference and have definitely stepped that aspect of their program up. so we'll see whose got marbles left in the circle at the end.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Open enrollment changed high school sports. Until that changes the recruiting trail is wide open for all schools with it. And until the catholic schools are in a league of their own the public schools need a way to compete with the Catholics.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Why wouldn’t a kid with some talent want to come to a school that was visited by most of the top college programs in the country.Besides his love for the game,possibly getting his college paid for would relive the financial stress on him and his family. It’s a no brainer.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

The Ironton coach is unproven as a head coach. The previous coach would probably have had the same record last year. He seems to be a good strength/conditioning coach but he really needs to step it up this year to show he’s ready to be a head coach

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

pistol wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:27 am The Ironton coach is unproven as a head coach. The previous coach would probably have had the same record last year. He seems to be a good strength/conditioning coach but he really needs to step it up this year to show he’s ready to be a head coach
Is Triplett still helping?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:52 am Why wouldn’t a kid with some talent want to come to a school that was visited by most of the top college programs in the country.Besides his love for the game,possibly getting his college paid for would relive the financial stress on him and his family. It’s a no brainer.

Good statement right there.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

pistol wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:27 am The Ironton coach is unproven as a head coach. The previous coach would probably have had the same record last year. He seems to be a good strength/conditioning coach but he really needs to step it up this year to show he’s ready to be a head coach

Wow. How can you say that’s he unproven. First off. I guarantee you never played in the BIG10. So he’s already got about 10up on You. In Dec of 2017. Ironton. No coach.

June 2018 finally got a coach. NOv 2018. He has them in the playoffs. Your statement of him being unproven ??? Shwooo

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

My opinion is right now if you’re a kid who wants to pursue college football Ironton is the hot spot. You constantly read or see pictures of major college coaches stopping in and see the kids work out. And numerous offers coming. Burg is amazing but I haven’t heard of many college coaches coming and watching. I could be wrong on that. Pendleton is very young and a few years out of college. He knows the current ways of recruiting and brings a youth coaching mind. 6-5 for a 20 some year old coach is pretty good. Open enrollment allows you to move. Seeing Irontons social media, word of mouth and articles on here and newspaper will make a kid want to go. Burg is the top notch program but with anything in life it will not last forever. Baseball and football teams are only good for so long. One day Ironton will get hot, one day Portsmouth will get hot, hell maybe years down the road south point will get hot. No one is great forever.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:50 pm My opinion is right now if you’re a kid who wants to pursue college football Ironton is the hot spot. You constantly read or see pictures of major college coaches stopping in and see the kids work out. And numerous offers coming. Burg is amazing but I haven’t heard of many college coaches coming and watching. I could be wrong on that. Pendleton is very young and a few years out of college. He knows the current ways of recruiting and brings a youth coaching mind. 6-5 for a 20 some year old coach is pretty good. Open enrollment allows you to move. Seeing Irontons social media, word of mouth and articles on here and newspaper will make a kid want to go. Burg is the top notch program but with anything in life it will not last forever. Baseball and football teams are only good for so long. One day Ironton will get hot, one day Portsmouth will get hot, hell maybe years down the road south point will get hot. No one is great forever.
That’s a ridiculous statement. Burg has been consistently good since Ed Miller took over with like only one or two
Losing seasons. The reason ironton is blowing up social media is because they legitimately have a D1 athlete on their sideline. Well guess what? So does burg, Portsmouth, and greenup county. In fact, Blaine Scott is playing right now for WVU from little old Sciotoville East. I wonder how he was able to get there without blabbing it all over social media. Pendleton is not doing anything different than other coaches accept posting it every 5 seconds. Burg actually had a D1 football player last year but he chose basketball.

Return to “Football”