2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The backfield should be loaded, how’s the line shaping up? I wonder how the Pass Defense will be, that’s been our sore spot for some time now.

Go Fighting Tigers....

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

laser breath wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:34 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:50 pm My opinion is right now if you’re a kid who wants to pursue college football Ironton is the hot spot. You constantly read or see pictures of major college coaches stopping in and see the kids work out. And numerous offers coming. Burg is amazing but I haven’t heard of many college coaches coming and watching. I could be wrong on that. Pendleton is very young and a few years out of college. He knows the current ways of recruiting and brings a youth coaching mind. 6-5 for a 20 some year old coach is pretty good. Open enrollment allows you to move. Seeing Irontons social media, word of mouth and articles on here and newspaper will make a kid want to go. Burg is the top notch program but with anything in life it will not last forever. Baseball and football teams are only good for so long. One day Ironton will get hot, one day Portsmouth will get hot, hell maybe years down the road south point will get hot. No one is great forever.
That’s a ridiculous statement. Burg has been consistently good since Ed Miller took over with like only one or two
Losing seasons. The reason ironton is blowing up social media is because they legitimately have a D1 athlete on their sideline. Well guess what? So does burg, Portsmouth, and greenup county. In fact, Blaine Scott is playing right now for WVU from little old Sciotoville East. I wonder how he was able to get there without blabbing hit all over social media. Pendleton is not doing anything different than other coaches accept posting it every 5 seconds. Burg actually had a D1 football player last year but he chose basketball.
Ironton has 3 d1 kids , in their backfield

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Max opinion wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 pm Wheelersburg is the new kids on the block and have been for a little while but sorry to bust your bubble they aren’t the program Ironton was in the late 70’s thru the 90’s 30 years of dominate football , wheelersburg is a great program now and proven to be the best in the last few years but not like the old tigers , now to be fair ironton is nowhere near the program it was during that time period either what you hear is the pride coming back the excitement coming back the enthusiasm going back from team and leaking out to the community, and I sure the last thing a burg fan wants is for Pendleton to pull this program out of the bottom and back to the top , if he don’t its not gonna be from lack or work , effort or coaching ability . Crying about open enrollment is just silly , it’s ok when your school benefits from it but when another school does it wrong , you win and have a strong program kids will move in that’s the way it’s been forever .. that’s enough Rambling but I will say one thing for sure the tigers are on the rise and I wouldn’t wanna be the team playing them
I may be wrong, but, didn't Wheelersburg beat Warren JFK for the 1989 D4 state title? Ironton beat Campbell Memorial for the D3 state title,right? I was thinking, didn't D4 Warren JFK hand D3 Campbell Memorial there only other loss that year? If so, isn't 1989 right in the middle of those dominate Ironton football years?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:35 pm
Max opinion wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 pm Wheelersburg is the new kids on the block and have been for a little while but sorry to bust your bubble they aren’t the program Ironton was in the late 70’s thru the 90’s 30 years of dominate football , wheelersburg is a great program now and proven to be the best in the last few years but not like the old tigers , now to be fair ironton is nowhere near the program it was during that time period either what you hear is the pride coming back the excitement coming back the enthusiasm going back from team and leaking out to the community, and I sure the last thing a burg fan wants is for Pendleton to pull this program out of the bottom and back to the top , if he don’t its not gonna be from lack or work , effort or coaching ability . Crying about open enrollment is just silly , it’s ok when your school benefits from it but when another school does it wrong , you win and have a strong program kids will move in that’s the way it’s been forever .. that’s enough Rambling but I will say one thing for sure the tigers are on the rise and I wouldn’t wanna be the team playing them
I may be wrong, but, didn't Wheelersburg beat Warren JFK for the 1989 D4 state title? Ironton beat Campbell Memorial for the D3 state title,right? I was thinking, didn't D4 Warren JFK hand D3 Campbell Memorial there only other loss that year? If so, isn't 1989 right in the middle of those dominate Ironton football years?
OFF TOPIC.....please refer to the Ironton vs Wheelersburg thread to continue this discussion.

Thank you
Go Fighting Tigers...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Please move beef to appropriate thread. Stick to topic.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Does anyone know how the line is shaping up, we know the Backfield is going to be loaded. And the Pass Defense, hope it will be improved, been a sore spot for awhile now.

Go Fighting Tigers...

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 pm Does anyone know how the line is shaping up, we know the Backfield is going to be loaded. And the Pass Defense, hope it will be improved, been a sore spot for awhile now.

Go Fighting Tigers...
We return all but one starter from last year , looks like they all have been working hard , they look bigger , stronger and faster compared to last year , from what I’ve heard o line and D line are the deepest positions on the team

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

As far as pass defense goes they’ve looked improved during the 7 on 7’s , And let the crying begin but one of the transfers in a cornerback with a couple of years varsity experience, another one is a lineman with varsity experience even played in a state championship game and a third is a D lineman with varsity experience with deep playoff experience so the holes should be filled nicely along with upcoming young kids and what we bring back

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:09 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:31 pm

I understand your thought process. But to me. It sounds like you are wanting him to fail. For a couple reasons. One. Being he came in. Less than 90days from opening kickoff. Let along out an off season workout together to BUILD a program. Took what he had. Made them believers. And conference champs or not. He and the ironton tigers played week 11. That speaks VOLUMES!!!! Now. He’s had a time. To get players out. Get players to come. To a historic program. Regardless who is helping. He’s got the numbers out. He’s got the enthusiasm up. He’s got support. He’s got pride. And now he’s the AD. And. Instead if sayin. Man I-Town. We have had a guy come in. Less than two years. Get us to the play-offs Got our numbers WAY UP. And more excited and enthusiastic people about ironton football than we have seen in years !! Let’s get behind this guy 110% and go to the next level!! That’s what I’m saying.

But you. Yiu said. Well. Let’s see if this guy can win with all this talent now. Talk about mr negative town.
thank you county. I was getting ready to post something very similar. and I saw this. your post is spot on. some want to see Pendleton fail. some want him to succeed. but if you're a tiger fan you want him to. and then there are people like county outside our program that appreciate seeing a man step right in, on the dawn of a new season. then havea winning season, make the playoffs. and barely lost to Johnstown Monroe. who was in the state title game. now the numbers have doubled and tiger football is alive again. I'm like you I'm 110 behind coach Pendleton and his staff. and as far as the open enrollment goes, that's mute point, everybody has it. and it gives public schools a shot at competing with the private schools that assemble all star teams. when burg falls, if they do. it's gonna hurt. because their posters here are so rash at times. they forget the domination at the hands of the fighting tigers up till 2007. when the only won 3 of em. it should say bob lutz press box there at the pirate ship because he owned their place. and now me thinks it's getting ready to get real again. and the bottom line is it's great for both programs and southern ohio football in general. I think the coach is doing an amazing job promoting his program. and colleges from all over the country are visiting ironton high. and tanks memorial stadium is quite the spectacle and between tiger alley and the ole tanks locker room, you can bet it turns into a memorable experience for these coaches. I love trevon's youth movement. it's serving us well, and causing jealousy elsewhere.
Be nice YTB, "Christian" remember? Speaking on Burg posters being rash? Let's take a trip back in time..."it's only Ashland!"...."Ironton would never play in the OVC!" Ironton posters aren't rash,huh? Look at the difference one year makes! World beaters again... toot toot! You speak on Burg being owned by Ironton and Lutz name should be on Burg's press box? How was your attitude towards ol Bob back at the state title game on his 4th and 1 call? By the way, Ironton 8 trips to state...2 titles 25% winning percentage...Burg 2 trips to state...100% winning percentage! You stated a few posts back about getting down this way more this year. May I make a suggestion? When you come down, come down early so you can walk through Burg high school hallways and check out their trophy case then, walk through Ironton's high's hallways before you go into Tank Stadium...you might be enlightened! Talk about a school good at EVERYTHING in sports... oh yes, almost forgot don't forget to check out Burg's academic prowess too!
I'm affeared I'm a bit baffled about the Christian thingie. and if good hearted banter affects you in that way about mer making a crack about the pressbox thingie. yer prolly posting on the wrong site. cause everybody razzes everybody. and burg has an amazing sports program in all sports. and they do have a 100 percent average of winning state title games. however you cut it, the tigers have still been to 6 more. get back with me after you have wrestled with teams like mentor lake catholic, and akron saint Vincent saint Mary's and the like in state title games. and let me know how that goes. I don't think anybody on here, that is not a burg fan, has given the pirates anymore props than me. actually I'd love to see burg's tropht case. I think it was be amazing to see. since I'm proud of their accomplishments.educationally and sportswise. I'd love to do that sometime. and I hain't ever said it's only Ashland. ever.i did not want ironton in the ovc and I've said that. but I was holding onto the past. which was changing more than I realized. it's a perfect fit now, esp. after adding Portsmouth and gahs. I've said that numerous times. I ain't said anything about ironton being world beaters this year or last. so try that on some other smuck. as far as the call in the Sandusky perkins game, it was a wrong call in my opinion tactically. too much at stake, punt the ball and bury the other team. but the 1st down was made by ironton and still not given credit for by the refs. so it was a lapse in judgement in a stellar career, crap happens. and me and about 11,000 people felt the same way at that moment. my only comment was why didn't we just punt the ball. let's make one thing perfectly clear. like bath water. so follow the bouncing ball here. I'm in the 1st row, with my wife and dad leaving. I have a very young son in each hand, and ironton's announcer jumped up on the tarp and sucker punched me, and jumped back down. I never even let go off either child. the massilon police saw it. stopped me and wanted me to press charges against him. they said we don't put up with that sh-- up here. they thought he was an ironton coach, because he had on the same clothes as the coaches. I chose to talk to the school board about it instead. the massilon police called me 2 more times asking me to press charges. I have forgiven that individual, as a Christian should. I never got hurt, so who cares. but so everybody knows that's exactly why you brought that up. I didn't say anything that 11,000 other people wasn't saying. but somehow I'm the turd in the punchbowl. my handling of this situation, and the fact I just reexplained it when I didn't have to show what kind of man I am. so go pee in some other fan and see what happens. not this ole boy. it should be purty clear who's the instigator here. have a blessed day.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

max, I think that is a wonderful, honest post.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:32 pm This whole conversation didn’t start who’s program is better. Or has more state titles. This. That. So forth. The conversation was started over the new coach. And the new fluke first year and no experience at OC head coach so forth and see if he could win now the talents that’s there. There was no bad on either tha burg or irontons programs , the series between the two so forth.

It was about a statement regarding the coach that he’s unproven. Posters saying he is. Other posters saying he’s not. That was the latest conversation. Not who’s program is better over the history of time. For goodness sakes they are two of the most storied high school football programs in SEO.

Was talking to a kid that plays high school football in Texas last night. Just following the kid and his doings and I may add he’s a stud. But for once we got on local schools from OH. And this Texas kid. Said yea SEO football is not bad. I hear schools like Ironton Wheelrsburg and Jackson are the top dogs of that area. Then follow is it up with isn’t that the are Joe Burrow is from?? And that a kid that’s a junior from the state of Texas !!!
another wonderful post.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 pm Please move beef to appropriate thread. Stick to topic.
good golly now we got the po po involved. let's chat about the game, coaches, cheerleaders, band, fans, anything containing content or pertaining discussion about the game here. this is a wonderful rivalry, one of the best in the state. let's not give somebody from neither school or fanbase a chance to shut down this topic. which is exactly what is trying to be done by some. we are all adults here. having fun and making jokes and cracks about each other's programs is what attracts people to sites like here. and it's one of the great things about high school football, so let's keep it between the ditches. the great thing is it's not played by us keyboard has beens. it's played by high school kids playing for school and community pride. and the fact kids are being looked at by major colleges from either team should be an amazing thing for both communities to get excited about. even if the young man is from the rival school. let's face it, we want to see as many of em as we can playing on Saturdays.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:55 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 pm Please move beef to appropriate thread. Stick to topic.
good golly now we got the po po involved. let's chat about the game, coaches, cheerleaders, band, fans, anything containing content or pertaining discussion about the game here. this is a wonderful rivalry, one of the best in the state. let's not give somebody from neither school or fanbase a chance to shut down this topic. which is exactly what is trying to be done by some. we are all adults here. having fun and making jokes and cracks about each other's programs is what attracts people to sites like here. and it's one of the great things about high school football, so let's keep it between the ditches. the great thing is it's not played by us keyboard has beens. it's played by high school kids playing for school and community pride. and the fact kids are being looked at by major colleges from either team should be an amazing thing for both communities to get excited about. even if the young man is from the rival school. let's face it, we want to see as many of em as we can playing on Saturdays.

Now your talking bait.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:03 am

Now your talking bait.
Because it belongs in the ironton vs burg thread as suggested above.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I agree, this isn’t the Ironton vs Burg thread. This is the Ironton thread.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Max opinion wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:44 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 pm Does anyone know how the line is shaping up, we know the Backfield is going to be loaded. And the Pass Defense, hope it will be improved, been a sore spot for awhile now.

Go Fighting Tigers...
We return all but one starter from last year , looks like they all have been working hard , they look bigger , stronger and faster compared to last year , from what I’ve heard o line and D line are the deepest positions on the team
Sounds great, and here I thought the Backfield would have been deeper this year. The line being deep will help out tremendously. Thanks for the info.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:35 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:03 am

Now your talking bait.
Because it belongs in the ironton vs burg thread as suggested above.

Agreed. The conversation “originally” was if coach Pendleton was proven or unproven. Then other posters started in about tha burg/ironton game/programs.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:48 am I agree, this isn’t the Ironton vs Burg thread. This is the Ironton thread.

Agreed. Originally the conversation was if coach Pendleton was proven or unproven. Then somehow posters got it to ironton/burg game/programs.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Enough about this and that.

I’m glad to see such a historic program get things turned around. Numbers high. People and kids excited. Very happy for the folks of ironton.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

I just seen where Ironton is ranked # 5 in the preseason poll which I know preseason polls don’t mean much other than it looks like other people see Irontons potential other than all of us crazy Ironton posters

Return to “Football”