2018 Ironton Head football coach

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by BigBlueNation »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:06 pm Most people want too coach their high school, so Pendleton went too
West so it's probably is dream is too coach there.
Exactly.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:04 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:45 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 am Pendleton would be a homerun hire and if they could bring Triplett in with him then it's a grand slam. The real question is, if both of those two are indeed actually interested.
That is a really good question. Just because someone applied for the job doesn't mean they really want it. There is another job here in Scioto county that he wants.

If your ensinuationg West. I think Pendleton knows Ironton is a better job than West. That doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out. Not many schools in Southern Ohio has a name as well known as Ironton around the state. It’s still a top tier job and with the right coach they will get back to their winning ways. Hearing Pendleton is bringing quite a bit of head coaching experience with him on his staff if he is selected. I’m hearing names of 3 or 4 coaches who have head coaching experience.
Ironton is not the job it once was. It’s a smaller town. The school district has changed. This is why vass is getting a bad rap. He may or may not be the right answer but some of the decline has not been his fault. Ironton is an ovc team now. They need to embrace it and come up with a strategy to become a strong small division football team. I think people believe that because it’s ironton that it qualifies as a premier spot. It may just be a good job for an up and coming coach.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Pendleton would probably do a good job if given the time. But they aren't gonna give time. It has to be a quick turn around.

Looks like he has quite a business going on training kids and adults. Supposedly he's also made quite a commitment with a new building and stuff. Would be really hard to give both the attention they need to prosper.
I'm sure most of those young kids go there to be trained by him because of who he is and what he's done.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Cato wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 pm Pendleton would probably do a good job if given the time. But they aren't gonna give time. It has to be a quick turn around.

Looks like he has quite a business going on training kids and adults. Supposedly he's also made quite a commitment with a new building and stuff. Would be really hard to give both the attention they need to prosper.
I'm sure most of those young kids go there to be trained by him because of who he is and what he's done.
Good points but why did he apply then? He can always get someone to help run his business this is nothing new that coaches do in the off season to generate money. Also if he has the coaches I have heard coming on board he will have plenty of good help.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Game day wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:43 am
Cato wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 pm Pendleton would probably do a good job if given the time. But they aren't gonna give time. It has to be a quick turn around.

Good points but why did he apply then? He can always get someone to help run his business this is nothing new that coaches do in the off season to generate money. Also if he has the coaches I have heard coming on board he will have plenty of good help.
I don't know but kids go there to be trained by him. There are lots of options around for training. He could get the best trainer around to fill in and the business will still take a big hit.

Ironton was a great job. It isn't anymore. If coaching is his goal he could've just done the Graduate assistant thing at Michigan State and been way ahead of the game.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Cato wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:08 am
Game day wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:43 am

I don't know but kids go there to be trained by him. There are lots of options around for training. He could get the best trainer around to fill in and the business will still take a big hit.

Ironton was a great job. It isn't anymore. If coaching is his goal he could've just done the Graduate assistant thing at Michigan State and been way ahead of the game.
I hear you but Ironton is still a great job the present coaches have made it appear that the talent in no longer there.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Y'all need to get this figured out and someone hired sooner rather than later Week 1 is getting a tad predictable.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree but Ironton needs to make sure they hire a head coach that will change the direction the team is headed in and brings some energy with him.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Ironton isn’t that far away... they make the right decision this time and that Week 1 game will get even more interesting. Sounds like Pendleton knows what it takes to be a winner, he’s heavily entrenched with off season programs. Something the old staff at Ironton didn’t really care about.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

farmer8 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:06 pm whoever the coach is he will take a definite butthole licking from the parents so he better be ready!!!
Vass will return as the Head Coach, Winning record and Championships!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Love the passion that Ironton fans have for their football Tigers. There is rarely a day when Ironton football is not a topic that creates dialogue, arguments, complaining, finding solutions, and finger pointing. Hope that continues, because it shows that they care. Keep caring, because if the day arrives that you don't care, then your program will be officially dead. Ironton football can make a comeback, it's not like it's in a state of comatose.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

moonshine wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 am
farmer8 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:06 pm whoever the coach is he will take a definite butthole licking from the parents so he better be ready!!!
Vass will return as the Head Coach, Winning record and Championships!
Stop smoking it is hurting your brain. If he is the coach the stands will be empty.

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

You hit the nail on the head 2thwzd!!!!!!! It's the talent that's not there . Kids not transferring there like in the past. Seems like the homers just can't see that.. Wheelersburg is the Ironton of old now. Heck there's no industry in Burg either! Small School like Ironton. Small population. Why are they doing so good in all sports? Has nothing to do with Coaching. Transfers and parents moving into the village because that's the team at this time to get their PUP exposure! Simple as that. Burg does this from the biddy leagues all the way through HS... Holdbacks, transfer's, and implants is how you build a dynasty like Ironton did for years, which Burg is doing now, with Schools the size of Burg and Ironton, All the Schools in this area fit into the category of small school, little industry, and lack of population...Why is it one School out of the entire area is flourishing in Championships and talent year after year, like Ironton did for years? Not Coaching.....TRANSFERS, IMPLANTS, AND HOLDBACKS...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

donaldtrump wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:13 pm You hit the nail on the head 2thwzd!!!!!!! It's the talent that's not there . Kids not transferring there like in the past. Seems like the homers just can't see that.. Wheelersburg is the Ironton of old now. Heck there's no industry in Burg either! Small School like Ironton. Small population. Why are they doing so good in all sports? Has nothing to do with Coaching. Transfers and parents moving into the village because that's the team at this time to get their PUP exposure! Simple as that. Burg does this from the biddy leagues all the way through HS... Holdbacks, transfer's, and implants is how you build a dynasty like Ironton did for years, which Burg is doing now, with Schools the size of Burg and Ironton, All the Schools in this area fit into the category of small school, little industry, and lack of population...Why is it one School out of the entire area is flourishing in Championships and talent year after year, like Ironton did for years? Not Coaching.....TRANSFERS, IMPLANTS, AND HOLDBACKS...
Not coaching? Lol

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

donaldtrump wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:13 pm You hit the nail on the head 2thwzd!!!!!!! It's the talent that's not there . Kids not transferring there like in the past. Seems like the homers just can't see that.. Wheelersburg is the Ironton of old now. Heck there's no industry in Burg either! Small School like Ironton. Small population. Why are they doing so good in all sports? Has nothing to do with Coaching. Transfers and parents moving into the village because that's the team at this time to get their PUP exposure! Simple as that. Burg does this from the biddy leagues all the way through HS... Holdbacks, transfer's, and implants is how you build a dynasty like Ironton did for years, which Burg is doing now, with Schools the size of Burg and Ironton, All the Schools in this area fit into the category of small school, little industry, and lack of population...Why is it one School out of the entire area is flourishing in Championships and talent year after year, like Ironton did for years? Not Coaching.....TRANSFERS, IMPLANTS, AND HOLDBACKS...
I agree with the transplants and transfers. Ask Wheelersburg if they would change coaching staffs with Ironton. They know as well as everyone else this staff just does not have the mind set to be coaches. And that starts with the head coach bottom line!

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

In my humble opinion if Pendleton isn't offered the job Ironton isn't looking for a change. He will have discipline and along with Triplett helping I know there will be discipline in the system and it all starts there. Without that it doesn't matter what you know. I think the kids will look up to someone like Pendleton because he has been there and done it as a player and knows what it takes. Be smart for a change Ironton and hire this man.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I agree Ironton needs someone like this with no ties to Ironton to change the culture within.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

mr. trump I'd like to ask a question , I assume you are a burg fan. I'm not trying to start or instigate anything. and there is nothing wrong with the question I'm ready to ask you, because there is open enrollment. and kids and parents do move their kids for various reasons. I did myself. so my question is. I think I saw it on a post here on seops somewhere. maybe facebook. and I have no idea if it is true or not. ===================== but a poster somewhere said that on the undefeated state championship team wheelersburg fielded this year had 30 players from outside the district. --------------------------- again the only dumb question is the only one you don't ask. I'm just curious to hear a truthful, honest answer from somebody that actually knows. I'm sure I'm not the only poster that saw this post. so I ask is it true. and again, if you have a program like burg's. academically and sports wise. in multiple sports, a solid coaching staff and obvious fundamentals being taught that burg does. the old adage applies ''IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME''. then ironton needs to start building it again. there is open enrollment, we need to get over it. you have players and parents in bordering districts it's bound to happen. I myself lived at kitts hill for 32 years. just a couple houses from the symmes valley district. and it was 16 miles from my house to rock hill one way. and only 8 miles to ironton high school, so I transferred mine in junior high. just curious as to a response to the question.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:13 pm
mr. trump I'd like to ask a question , I assume you are a burg fan. I'm not trying to start or instigate anything. and there is nothing wrong with the question I'm ready to ask you, because there is open enrollment. and kids and parents do move their kids for various reasons. I did myself. so my question is. I think I saw it on a post here on seops somewhere. maybe facebook. and I have no idea if it is true or not. ===================== but a poster somewhere said that on the undefeated state championship team wheelersburg fielded this year had 30 players from outside the district. --------------------------- again the only dumb question is the only one you don't ask. I'm just curious to hear a truthful, honest answer from somebody that actually knows. I'm sure I'm not the only poster that saw this post. so I ask is it true. and again, if you have a program like burg's. academically and sports wise. in multiple sports, a solid coaching staff and obvious fundamentals being taught that burg does. the old adage applies ''IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME''. then ironton needs to start building it again. there is open enrollment, we need to get over it. you have players and parents in bordering districts it's bound to happen. I myself lived at kitts hill for 32 years. just a couple houses from the symmes valley district. and it was 16 miles from my house to rock hill one way. and only 8 miles to ironton high school, so I transferred mine in junior high. just curious as to a response to the question.
There competitive balance # this year was 30. Doesn’t necessarily mean that 30 kids live outside of the district. I believe if you moved in after 7th grade you would count as 2. I would guess the actual # is 15-20 kids outside of district and some of them have always attended the burg.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

If there were interviews I wonder how they went..Pendleton is your man. He has a very nice knowledgeable staff to join him. He's young energetic, hard working and knows what it takes to be successful. He's an outsider looking in to make Ironton a strong and competitive program once again. Like I said an outsider looking in which what Ironton needs to jumpstart the program again not more of the same that we already have

Return to “Football”