2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THAT'S AWESOME MAX. I don't know what they are basing that on after a 6-5 campaign. maybe it's exactly what you said. and like you said preseason polls mean nothing. it's a popularity contest at most. no many how many experts get involved. the good thing about a preseason poll is you have been noticed by the state. if you keep winning you stay up there. fortunately with high school football a win is a win, nothing more , nothing less. the same with a loss. at least it's not like college football where you have to win by 60 points for style points because you are ranked high. so win and you're in. the way it should be.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 pm Please move beef to appropriate thread. Stick to topic.
THANK YOU!!!

I was starting to wonder if they’d compare rims next.

Anyway, back to the topic...

There be some excited folks about the tigers from the burg and ironton fans!

That’s good to see The fans talking about the upcoming season.

I’ve never understood how 1 cannot be happy for the other.

If any team is doing well from back home, I take the time to listen/watch.

I was on maxpreps.com and I really enjoyed watching CARRICO, SALYERS, FOSSON, & , BROWNSTEAD footage from last year.

Anyone on I-Town’s schedule should be paying attention and very concerned.

No wonder everyone is posting on this topic.

I hope anyone that’s seen the FIGHTING TIGERS practice or scrimmage, updates on here for the fans out of the area to keep up with how they are progressing so we got some more diverse commentary.

My cousin played in the early 90’s & was in The championship games @ OSU.
He’s going to catch some practices and scrimmages and I’m looking forward to those updates.

I do know from his word... Coach P is intense and very respected. Not a word of negativity about him like the other posters suggested.

I do know the weight room GIG has produced some very strong fighting tigers & the fitness has made them faster!!!

GOTIGERSGO!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:17 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 pm Please move beef to appropriate thread. Stick to topic.
THANK YOU!!!

I was starting to wonder if they’d compare rims next.

Anyway, back to the topic...

There be some excited folks about the tigers from the burg and ironton fans!

That’s good to see The fans talking about the upcoming season.

I’ve never understood how 1 cannot be happy for the other.

If any team is doing well from back home, I take the time to listen/watch.

I was on maxpreps.com and I really enjoyed watching CARRICO, SALYERS, FOSSON, & , BROWNSTEAD footage from last year.

Anyone on I-Town’s schedule should be paying attention and very concerned.

No wonder everyone is posting on this topic.

I hope anyone that’s seen the FIGHTING TIGERS practice or scrimmage, updates on here for the fans out of the area to keep up with how they are progressing so we got some more diverse commentary.

My cousin played in the early 90’s & was in The championship games @ OSU.
He’s going to catch some practices and scrimmages and I’m looking forward to those updates.

I do know from his word... Coach P is intense and very respected. Not a word of negativity about him like the other posters suggested.

I do know the weight room GIG has produced some very strong fighting tigers & the fitness has made them faster!!!

GOTIGERSGO!
I agree, I work in Mansfield, OH and still have my house down there. I like hearing about what’s going on with the TEAM. I still get down there every couple weeks or so, I’ll make it to every game I can. I’ll have to check out the Maxpreps videos, I’ve seen Carricos, have to check out Fossons and Brownsteads.

Go Fighting Tigers....

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 am
Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:09 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 am

thank you county. I was getting ready to post something very similar. and I saw this. your post is spot on. some want to see Pendleton fail. some want him to succeed. but if you're a tiger fan you want him to. and then there are people like county outside our program that appreciate seeing a man step right in, on the dawn of a new season. then havea winning season, make the playoffs. and barely lost to Johnstown Monroe. who was in the state title game. now the numbers have doubled and tiger football is alive again. I'm like you I'm 110 behind coach Pendleton and his staff. and as far as the open enrollment goes, that's mute point, everybody has it. and it gives public schools a shot at competing with the private schools that assemble all star teams. when burg falls, if they do. it's gonna hurt. because their posters here are so rash at times. they forget the domination at the hands of the fighting tigers up till 2007. when the only won 3 of em. it should say bob lutz press box there at the pirate ship because he owned their place. and now me thinks it's getting ready to get real again. and the bottom line is it's great for both programs and southern ohio football in general. I think the coach is doing an amazing job promoting his program. and colleges from all over the country are visiting ironton high. and tanks memorial stadium is quite the spectacle and between tiger alley and the ole tanks locker room, you can bet it turns into a memorable experience for these coaches. I love trevon's youth movement. it's serving us well, and causing jealousy elsewhere.
Be nice YTB, "Christian" remember? Speaking on Burg posters being rash? Let's take a trip back in time..."it's only Ashland!"...."Ironton would never play in the OVC!" Ironton posters aren't rash,huh? Look at the difference one year makes! World beaters again... toot toot! You speak on Burg being owned by Ironton and Lutz name should be on Burg's press box? How was your attitude towards ol Bob back at the state title game on his 4th and 1 call? By the way, Ironton 8 trips to state...2 titles 25% winning percentage...Burg 2 trips to state...100% winning percentage! You stated a few posts back about getting down this way more this year. May I make a suggestion? When you come down, come down early so you can walk through Burg high school hallways and check out their trophy case then, walk through Ironton's high's hallways before you go into Tank Stadium...you might be enlightened! Talk about a school good at EVERYTHING in sports... oh yes, almost forgot don't forget to check out Burg's academic prowess too!
I'm affeared I'm a bit baffled about the Christian thingie. and if good hearted banter affects you in that way about mer making a crack about the pressbox thingie. yer prolly posting on the wrong site. cause everybody razzes everybody. and burg has an amazing sports program in all sports. and they do have a 100 percent average of winning state title games. however you cut it, the tigers have still been to 6 more. get back with me after you have wrestled with teams like mentor lake catholic, and akron saint Vincent saint Mary's and the like in state title games. and let me know how that goes. I don't think anybody on here, that is not a burg fan, has given the pirates anymore props than me. actually I'd love to see burg's tropht case. I think it was be amazing to see. since I'm proud of their accomplishments.educationally and sportswise. I'd love to do that sometime. and I hain't ever said it's only Ashland. ever.i did not want ironton in the ovc and I've said that. but I was holding onto the past. which was changing more than I realized. it's a perfect fit now, esp. after adding Portsmouth and gahs. I've said that numerous times. I ain't said anything about ironton being world beaters this year or last. so try that on some other smuck. as far as the call in the Sandusky perkins game, it was a wrong call in my opinion tactically. too much at stake, punt the ball and bury the other team. but the 1st down was made by ironton and still not given credit for by the refs. so it was a lapse in judgement in a stellar career, crap happens. and me and about 11,000 people felt the same way at that moment. my only comment was why didn't we just punt the ball. let's make one thing perfectly clear. like bath water. so follow the bouncing ball here. I'm in the 1st row, with my wife and dad leaving. I have a very young son in each hand, and ironton's announcer jumped up on the tarp and sucker punched me, and jumped back down. I never even let go off either child. the massilon police saw it. stopped me and wanted me to press charges against him. they said we don't put up with that sh-- up here. they thought he was an ironton coach, because he had on the same clothes as the coaches. I chose to talk to the school board about it instead. the massilon police called me 2 more times asking me to press charges. I have forgiven that individual, as a Christian should. I never got hurt, so who cares. but so everybody knows that's exactly why you brought that up. I didn't say anything that 11,000 other people wasn't saying. but somehow I'm the turd in the punchbowl. my handling of this situation, and the fact I just reexplained it when I didn't have to show what kind of man I am. so go pee in some other fan and see what happens. not this ole boy. it should be purty clear who's the instigator here. have a blessed day.
Just razzing back a little ;) take it easy, no need to write a novel! You have a blessed day too!

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 am

thank you county. I was getting ready to post something very similar. and I saw this. your post is spot on. some want to see Pendleton fail. some want him to succeed. but if you're a tiger fan you want him to. and then there are people like county outside our program that appreciate seeing a man step right in, on the dawn of a new season. then havea winning season, make the playoffs. and barely lost to Johnstown Monroe. who was in the state title game. now the numbers have doubled and tiger football is alive again. I'm like you I'm 110 behind coach Pendleton and his staff. and as far as the open enrollment goes, that's mute point, everybody has it. and it gives public schools a shot at competing with the private schools that assemble all star teams. when burg falls, if they do. it's gonna hurt. because their posters here are so rash at times. they forget the domination at the hands of the fighting tigers up till 2007. when the only won 3 of em. it should say bob lutz press box there at the pirate ship because he owned their place. and now me thinks it's getting ready to get real again. and the bottom line is it's great for both programs and southern ohio football in general. I think the coach is doing an amazing job promoting his program. and colleges from all over the country are visiting ironton high. and tanks memorial stadium is quite the spectacle and between tiger alley and the ole tanks locker room, you can bet it turns into a memorable experience for these coaches. I love trevon's youth movement. it's serving us well, and causing jealousy elsewhere.
Be nice YTB, "Christian" remember? Speaking on Burg posters being rash? Let's take a trip back in time..."it's only Ashland!"...."Ironton would never play in the OVC!" Ironton posters aren't rash,huh? Look at the difference one year makes! World beaters again... toot toot! You speak on Burg being owned by Ironton and Lutz name should be on Burg's press box? How was your attitude towards ol Bob back at the state title game on his 4th and 1 call? By the way, Ironton 8 trips to state...2 titles 25% winning percentage...Burg 2 trips to state...100% winning percentage! You stated a few posts back about getting down this way more this year. May I make a suggestion? When you come down, come down early so you can walk through Burg high school hallways and check out their trophy case then, walk through Ironton's high's hallways before you go into Tank Stadium...you might be enlightened! Talk about a school good at EVERYTHING in sports... oh yes, almost forgot don't forget to check out Burg's academic prowess too!
I'm affeared I'm a bit baffled about the Christian thingie. and if good hearted banter affects you in that way about mer making a crack about the pressbox thingie. yer prolly posting on the wrong site. cause everybody razzes everybody. and burg has an amazing sports program in all sports. and they do have a 100 percent average of winning state title games. however you cut it, the tigers have still been to 6 more. get back with me after you have wrestled with teams like mentor lake catholic, and akron saint Vincent saint Mary's and the like in state title games. and let me know how that goes. I don't think anybody on here, that is not a burg fan, has given the pirates anymore props than me. actually I'd love to see burg's tropht case. I think it was be amazing to see. since I'm proud of their accomplishments.educationally and sportswise. I'd love to do that sometime. and I hain't ever said it's only Ashland. ever.i did not want ironton in the ovc and I've said that. but I was holding onto the past. which was changing more than I realized. it's a perfect fit now, esp. after adding Portsmouth and gahs. I've said that numerous times. I ain't said anything about ironton being world beaters this year or last. so try that on some other smuck. as far as the call in the Sandusky perkins game, it was a wrong call in my opinion tactically. too much at stake, punt the ball and bury the other team. but the 1st down was made by ironton and still not given credit for by the refs. so it was a lapse in judgement in a stellar career, crap happens. and me and about 11,000 people felt the same way at that moment. my only comment was why didn't we just punt the ball. let's make one thing perfectly clear. like bath water. so follow the bouncing ball here. I'm in the 1st row, with my wife and dad leaving. I have a very young son in each hand, and ironton's announcer jumped up on the tarp and sucker punched me, and jumped back down. I never even let go off either child. the massilon police saw it. stopped me and wanted me to press charges against him. they said we don't put up with that sh-- up here. they thought he was an ironton coach, because he had on the same clothes as the coaches. I chose to talk to the school board about it instead. the massilon police called me 2 more times asking me to press charges. I have forgiven that individual, as a Christian should. I never got hurt, so who cares. but so everybody knows that's exactly why you brought that up. I didn't say anything that 11,000 other people wasn't saying. but somehow I'm the turd in the punchbowl. my handling of this situation, and the fact I just reexplained it when I didn't have to show what kind of man I am. so go pee in some other fan and see what happens. not this ole boy. it should be purty clear who's the instigator here. have a blessed day.
Slow your roll on Ironton "wrestling" with Mentor Lake Catholic. Ironton getting blasted by the Cougars 31-7 is more in line with tapping out than it is with "wrestling."

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bobbbbbb wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:42 pm

Just razzing back a little ;) take it easy, no need to write a novel! You have a blessed day too!
I just do whatever happens bobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ballplayer1992 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:00 pm

Slow your roll on Ironton "wrestling" with Mentor Lake Catholic. Ironton getting blasted by the Cougars 31-7 is more in line with tapping out than it is with "wrestling."
it were a shallackin. that's fer sure. my point was meeting these private schools in state championship games. the burg /Johnstown game was a beatin by the johnnies. the mentor lake catholic game over ironton was a shellacking. sorry bubba 2 can play this game. just excited about chattin around about football. and nobody brings it like the burgites on here.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 am

it were a shallackin. that's fer sure. my point was meeting these private schools in state championship games. the burg /Johnstown game was a beatin by the johnnies. the mentor lake catholic game over ironton was a shellacking. sorry bubba 2 can play this game. just excited about chattin around about football. and nobody brings it like the burgites on here.
Let's not forget that "arse whippin" given to Ironton from that other private school up north...Cleveland Benedictine! Here's a thought, maybe "Bellaire" on the press box there at Tanks or maybe like the movie "Little Giants" but instead of a name on town water supply tank you could put on the press box..." Home of the Davis Brothers" since they owned Ironton in the playoffs!

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

"Over...good buddy!" "Copy? 'mon back baittttttttt!"

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Gotta love it when that Tiger Master Bait guy goes full "Days of our Lives" for us all to enjoy!! Thanks man for the great reading at lunch today!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Tigers will go 10-0 this year , the more I watch this team the more I like what they are doing and how they do it. I love their attitude, last year they wanted to win now they are expecting to win coaches are doing a great job between the lines and between the ears.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

You do understand that Wheelersburg has also faced off against private schools just a few times right? Warren JFK, the team Wheelersburg beat in 1989 is a private, Catholic school. Warren JFK is named after America's only Catholic President, John F Kennedy. Public schools face off against private schools numerous times every season. This is not a situation that is solely unique to Ironton, so I don't understand why you tried to make this a valid point? Answer me this, does anyone know or care how many total State Championship games Youngstown Cardinal Mooney has played in? No, people care that Mooney has won the State Championship Game 8 times. The fact is this, Wheelersburg and Ironton both have 2 State Championships in Football. The key difference is that Wheelersburg has a 100% winning percentage in the State Finals, and Ironton does not. I won't even delve into Wheelersburg's numerous State Titles in other sports (3 in Baseball).

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

i agree i see a 10-0 team with a nice run in the playoffs

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:52 pm
You do understand that Wheelersburg has also faced off against private schools just a few times right? Warren JFK, the team Wheelersburg beat in 1989 is a private, Catholic school. Warren JFK is named after America's only Catholic President, John F Kennedy. Public schools face off against private schools numerous times every season. This is not a situation that is solely unique to Ironton, so I don't understand why you tried to make this a valid point? Answer me this, does anyone know or care how many total State Championship games Youngstown Cardinal Mooney has played in? No, people care that Mooney has won the State Championship Game 8 times. The fact is this, Wheelersburg and Ironton both have 2 State Championships in Football. The key difference is that Wheelersburg has a 100% winning percentage in the State Finals, and Ironton does not. I won't even delve into Wheelersburg's numerous State Titles in other sports (3 in Baseball).

So Ironton has made it farther than burg 6 more
Times in football ?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bobbbbbb wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:30 am
Let's not forget that "arse whippin" given to Ironton from that other private school up north...Cleveland Benedictine! Here's a thought, maybe "Bellaire" on the press box there at Tanks or maybe like the movie "Little Giants" but instead of a name on town water supply tank you could put on the press box..." Home of the Davis Brothers" since they owned Ironton in the playoffs!
man they did, Cleveland Benedictine. that was bob Lutz's 1st state championship game. I think it was actually his 1st year at ironton, or his second. back then it was only a,aa,aaa. and ironton was playing Cleveland Benedictine. I remember it, but I actually missed going to it. I was 12 and dad was working midnights at Armco. yeah, they beat us about the head and facial area. but that beating was a big learning experience an opportunity to get the fighting tigers thinking state championships. they were there 8 times.and you're right about the davis boys from bellairre had our number. great memories win or lose. you can't talk about state games until you get there. seemed like there fer a while we were there constantly. which is amazing for a public school ironton's size. I remember the year in 89 when ironton and burg won the state, I was proud as a dang peacock. great memories.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigChuck wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:55 am Gotta love it when that Tiger Master Bait guy goes full "Days of our Lives" for us all to enjoy!! Thanks man for the great reading at lunch today!!
the master bait, that's classic. that's funnier than heck. keep em coming. I love jawing with ya'll.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

can't argue with ya there balls.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:21 pm

Times in football ?
Poop...sorry, I meant "Poo." Yes, Ironton has made it further than Wheelersburg a few times, and yet both have the same amount of State Championships in football. Seems like Ironton has a little trouble rising to the occasion. Do you realize you are basically helping me prove my point?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:15 pm

Times in football ?
Poop...sorry, I meant "Poo." Yes, Ironton has made it further than Wheelersburg a few times, and yet both have the same amount of State Championships in football. Seems like Ironton has a little trouble rising to the occasion. Do you realize you are basically helping me prove my point?
Not really . It’s like the 8-4 teams who would laugh when Ohio State went 12-1 but lost in the championship game.
I just feel when you in the Peach Bowl you have no right to mock those on the big stage

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:21 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:15 pm

Times in football ?
Not really . It’s like the 8-4 teams who would laugh when Ohio State went 12-1 but lost in the championship game.
I just feel when you in the Peach Bowl you have no right to mock those on the big stage
Poop...darn, it happened again. If those 8-4 teams have the same amount of titles as Ohio State, then they have plenty of right to chirp a little. I mean I can see why you are envious...3 State Titles in Baseball, 2 State Titles in Football, and let's not forget about the Little League World Series Softball Championship. I mean if only Wheelersburg could compete with those "World Beaters" in Ironton lol.

Return to “Football”