WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Seeyaat7
Waterboy

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Seeyaat7 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:21 pm As was said many times, not the same Pirate team.

This defense is nasty.

Great win by the Pirates.
Exactly!!! Nailed it! Burg is the real deal!! 🧡☠️🖤

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

One thing I will say is how impressed I am with burgs players and coaches. That was a statement win. After getting embarrassed week one nobody thought they would even make the playoffs or even finish with a winning record. They respond by winning the league, making the playoffs, getting a win last week not many people thought they would get, coming in this week pretty much totally outmatched. Ironton had the better defense, running game, o line, special teams was just as good, bigger, faster, stronger athletes. And they overcome all that and win. You know they had week one stuck in the back of their heads all year long. Coach Woodward is phenomenal. He takes “one of the worst burg teams in recent memory” to the regional championship. If I’m burg’s AD I’m letting that guy coach at burg for as long as he wants. Ironton has beat burg down the past couple meetings but I think burg maybe just changed the tide a little bit. This win has to feel so good for burgs program.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Pirates on the win, good luck next week.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

grayjonathan42 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:39 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:31 pm
TigerMania wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Wow! That’s not surprising at all.
I don’t really see that being a huge issue. It’s not like he was out at the club all night partying lol. Like I said before that many turnovers this deep in the playoffs against a team like burg is almost impossible to overcome.
I'm not blaming him being there as the reason they lost I was at the Ironton portsmouth game too and Ironton had ball security issues just like they did tonight but in my perosnal opinion it's just not a good look for a head coach in a regional semifinal to be at another teams game on the sideline giving advice and then his team comes o<t the next day and still has ball security issues and loses the game just think he should of been more focused on his game and being at another game on the sideline and locker room is not a good look the night before but that's just my opinion not blaming it as the reason for the loss just stating my opinion
I get what you’re saying I just think it’s a little bit of a reach. Trevor can’t go out and play the kids have to play. They just got outplayed it happens. I know coach hall has went to ironton games to support them before and Trevor has came to Jackson to speak to some young Jackson kids during his Michigan state days. I don’t know if him and hall are personal friends but they seem to be friends in the coaching world. But like I said burg just played a better game. Ironton will reload next year

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:43 pm One thing I will say is how impressed I am with burgs players and coaches. That was a statement win. After getting embarrassed week one nobody thought they would even make the playoffs or even finish with a winning record. They respond by winning the league, making the playoffs, getting a win last week not many people thought they would get, coming in this week pretty much totally outmatched. Ironton had the better defense, running game, o line, special teams was just as good, bigger, faster, stronger athletes. And they overcome all that and win. You know they had week one stuck in the back of their heads all year long. Coach Woodward is phenomenal. He takes “one of the worst burg teams in recent memory” to the regional championship. If I’m burg’s AD I’m letting that guy coach at burg for as long as he wants. Ironton has beat burg down the past couple meetings but I think burg maybe just changed the tide a little bit. This win has to feel so good for burgs program.
Spot on 🎯

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:27 pm
SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 pm
123xxx wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Wheelersburg scored more points. Hope this helps.
Burg is done next week.
We'll find out next week....but we already know ironton is done THIS week
Either team would be done next week based on tonight

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:51 pm
SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 pm

Burg is done next week.
Burg been told last 2 weeks their season was gonna be done...nobody gives a darn if you saying it again for next week*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Turnovers hurt ironton just like they hurt burg in the first one. All season I’ve said ironton was a plus8 better team. Their defense is really strong. But you’re not beating a good team like burg with that many turnovers. Credit burg coaching with sticking with their game plan.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:52 pm

Burg been told last 2 weeks their season was gonna be done...nobody gives a darn if you saying it again for next week*
Agree. It’s gonna be tough but I’m not putting a cap on what burg can accomplish. They’ve proven many people wrong already.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:53 pm Turnovers hurt ironton just like they hurt burg in the first one. All season I’ve said ironton was a plus8 better team. Their defense is really strong. But you’re not beating a good team like burg with that many turnovers. Credit burg coaching with sticking with their game plan.
You tried to tell em Wobe .

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Anybody know what the attendance was tonight?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:55 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:52 pm

Agree. It’s gonna be tough but I’m not putting a cap on what burg can accomplish. They’ve proven many people wrong already.
If the offense finds a way to put more points on the board.. watch out. The main thing missing from this Burg team.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

The ball bounces in many different ways
Don’t blame the coaches or the kids. Congratulate and praise them for what they have done.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

piratepride86 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:00 pm The ball bounces in many different ways
Don’t blame the coaches or the kids. Congratulate and praise them for what they have done.
I agree.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Man what a rough game. Had no seat by the time I got there, and then after the game some tweakers busted my truck windows out…kidding. Place was packed, atmosphere was great and if you got there at a decent time seating was fine. As for the actual game, Burg won and I’m not shocked. Ironton’s defense was solid yet again. But the Ironton offense was stagnant, as it was last week against the Trojans. Congrats to Ironton on a fine season. Congrats to Burg on a nice win and advancing on.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Not A Homer wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:11 pmgg

Wow this is getting ridiculous

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Amazing these Ironton Fans that are on here talking smack about your coach. Look where this coach has brought this program? Maybe you have forgotten about the years under Vass. Go ahead keep complaining. Maybe you will run in off. We would gladly take him out on the Hill!!

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

So disrespectful. He’s elevated the program to a completely new level from where it was before he got there. I’m sure he doesn’t spend his time on here but I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he decided to leave. Talk about turning your back on someone when things get tough. Where’s the loyalty? I’m sure he could find another coaching gig. He’s a lock for most programs in SEO but I wouldn’t be surprised if Michigan state wouldn’t have some type of position for him.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:24 pm
So disrespectful. He’s elevated the program to a completely new level from where it was before he got there. I’m sure he doesn’t spend his time on here but I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he decided to leave. Talk about turning your back on someone when things get tough. Where’s the loyalty? I’m sure he could find another coaching gig. He’s a lock for most programs in SEO but I wouldn’t be surprised if Michigan state wouldn’t have some type of position for him.
Agreed, I’d be gone

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Besides Portsmouth in the playoffs, the Tigers went unchallenged after the first 4 games. Is there anything to a team losing their edge when so many games are lopsided wins? It seems the Burg was a bit more battle hardened and challenged throughout their season. I just wonder if it has something to do with the lackluster performance on the offensive side of the ball. It isn't a knock on anyone or schedule, it is what it is.

Return to “Football”