What SE-Ohio teams play up concerning their Non-League games

ironman02
SEOP

Re: What SE-Ohio teams play up concerning their Non-League games

Post by ironman02 »

Better get to work then. The Cavs have a lot of trash talk to back up and a lot of titles to win.

Army
S

Post by Army »

We will see come week 8 :!: :-D

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Realist,

Jackson has only been D2 during the 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2007 seasons. You act like they have been D2 throughout their exsistence which isn't the case! As for Marietta playing the schools you mentioned, they play them because they are schools in similar size and are in close proximity. Show me the D2 opponents in close proximity to Jackson that would schedule a home and home with Jackson.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

why in the world would gallipolis want to go to a basketball conference football comes first here :!:

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Army, Historically Chillicothe Chillicothe has been by far the largest school in the region and has ONE state title to its credit in all sports - earned this past season. So I would not come on here and brag about the largest school traditionally in this area having one state title in all sports. The school also has limited appearances in the state Final Four in the rest of its sports.

By comparison, Amanda has won two state championships in football, finished state runner-up three times and has won eight regional titles. I can't count up how many times they've made the playoffs. The boys track team also finished as a state runner-up.

Circleville has won two state championships, in golf, was a state runner-up in softball, state runner-up in volleyball, state Final Four in softball, state Final Four in volleyball.
Westfall has made the football playoffs six times, won five playoff games and a regional title. The school has also made the state Final Four in volleyball three times.

Zane Trace has a state runner-up in softball. ZT alums can add to their state accomplishments.

Logan Elm made a Final Four in girls basketball.

Adena has made many appearances in Final Fours in volleyball, girls basketball and baseball. The school has also won several state titles and runner-up showings. Adena alums can add particulars.

This does also not mention the many accomplishments of the likes of Ironton, Portsmouth and Wheelersburg. They've won many state titles, runner-ups and Final Four showings.

So what were you saying about Chillicothe Chillicothe's ONE state title in school history?
Last edited by bman618 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

McDermott (not Otway) Northwest has 1 win in two years. What good would it do them to play up? They already play Burg, Waverly, and West every year, why would such a struggling program need to pick up bigger nonleague games? They are trying to get the program back on its feet.

Army
S

Post by Army »

SouthernStorm wrote:Realist,

Jackson has only been D2 during the 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2007 seasons. You act like they have been D2 throughout their exsistence which isn't the case! As for Marietta playing the schools you mentioned, they play them because they are schools in similar size and are in close proximity. Show me the D2 opponents in close proximity to Jackson that would schedule a home and home with Jackson.

SouthernStorm,

Tell me, has Jackson D2, Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) D4 or Vincent Warren Local D3 played a non-league schedule such as their fellow SEOAL teams have :?:

Chillicothe D3
Logan D2
Marietta D2
Zanesville D2
Ironton D4
Portsmouth D4

Is Hillard Darby close proximity to Marietta? :-D

Is Sunbury Big Walnut close proximity to Chillicothe? :-D

Is Wheeling Park close proximity to Zanesville? :-D

Is Ironton close proximity to Olentangy Liberty? :-D

Now lets see.

Jackson D2 plays Wellston D4 my alma mater and rival to Jackson, but Wellston is out classed by a much larger school, usually an easy victory for Jackson, year in and year out.

Jackson D2 plays close in team McArthur Vinton County D3. Another easy victory for the Ironmen.

Jackson D2 plays Waverly D4 a very good opponent. Who has had your number of lately. :-D

Jackson was the only team to vote against the expansion teams.

Hmmmmmmm.......excuses:?:

The topic is about playing competition. What teams are playing a step above to improve their chances to get ready for (League Play) and the playoffs :!:
Last edited by Army on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

bman618 wrote:Army, Historically Chillicothe Chillicothe has been by far the largest school in the region and has ONE state title to its credit in all sports - earned this past season. So I would not come on here and brag about the largest school traditionally in this area having one state title in all sports. The school also has limited appearances in the state Final Four in the rest of its sports.

By comparison, Amanda has won two state championships in football, finished state runner-up three times and has won eight regional titles. I can't count up how many times they've made the playoffs. The boys track team also finished as a state runner-up.

Circleville has won two state championships, in golf, was a state runner-up in softball, state runner-up in volleyball, state Final Four in softball, state Final Four in volleyball.
Westfall has made the football playoffs six times, won five playoff games and a regional title. The school has also made the state Final Four in volleyball three times.

Zane Trace has a state runner-up in softball. ZT alums can add to their state accomplishments.

Logan Elm made a Final Four in girls basketball.

Adena has made many appearances in Final Fours in volleyball, girls basketball and baseball. The school has also won several state titles and runner-up showings. Adena alums can add particulars.

This does also not mention the many accomplishments of the likes of Ironton, Portsmouth and Wheelersburg. They've won many state titles, runner-ups and Final Four showings.

So what were you saying about Chillicothe Chillicothe's ONE state title in school history?

We are talking competition in Football :!: :-D

But since you have added every sport on here, does your Alma Mater, Circleville Logan Elm have a Basketball State Championship yet :?: :-D
Last edited by Army on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

91blue14 wrote:why in the world would gallipolis want to go to a basketball conference football comes first here :!:

Rumor says your blue devils have discussed the possibility. But can't see if it was true, any TVC-Ohio Teams saying sure come aboard. :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

jumpman wrote:McDermott (not Otway) Northwest has 1 win in two years. What good would it do them to play up? They already play Burg, Waverly, and West every year, why would such a struggling program need to pick up bigger nonleague games? They are trying to get the program back on its feet.

You guys are an exception, like our Vincent Warren Local and former SEOAL member, The Plains Athens.

Don't know the fix on that one except getting more kids to come out with a coach dedicated to building a program with full school support. One great big example. Look at the Ironton Tigers record in the C.O.L. 1964-1968. Then look at the Fighting Tigers starting in the SEOAL the 1968-1969 season on their second time around in the League. Starting from 1970 and on, look at their run to 1984 in the SEOAL. :-D

Good Luck :!:

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:He just likes to start unfounded rumors and masks them as questions so that he doesnt look more ignorant than he is. He has been pmming me all day saying I call him names, but he forgets calling Huntington a bunch of Hog Farmers> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

gahs4ever,

That is a complete lie :!:

Where did I call Huntington-Ross a bunch of hog farmers? Prove it. I was talking to (hogfarmer) the poster, but evidently you can't read.

That is a complete falsehood for someone that supposed to be a man for the Lord :?: :roll: :lol:

You are just jealous because you have been called on your teams non-league play and really don't have an answer. Except those teams are close. What you really mean to say is, that they are close and easy victories for your teams program. Play someone that is a step-up and you won't hear those from Logan and Ironton talking about as I stated, not from me originally, but other SEOAL Teams, the CREAM PUFF schedule your Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) Blue Devils and Jackson Ironmen play in non-league play in football. :-D

I guess only time will tell if they offically step up like the other SEOAL schools do. I wish the best for them.
Last edited by Army on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Actually you brought up a state title in any sport and quite a few High Schools around the area have had a lot more success than your adopted Chillicothe Chillicothe in the various state tournaments. Nice try to deflect though. I'm sure you'll be editing your post like you typically do after exposure.

How do you explain the largest school historically in the area, your Chillicothe Chillicothe - larger than Gallipolis, Jackson and even Logan Elm - having less state success than many of these smaller schools you like to pick on?

BTW...LE will try to work on it this season.

Army
S

Post by Army »

bman618 wrote:Actually you brought up a state title in any sport and quite a few High Schools around the area have had a lot more success than your adopted Chillicothe Chillicothe in the various state tournaments. Nice try to deflect though. I'm sure you'll be editing your post like you typically do after exposure.

How do you explain the largest school historically in the area, your Chillicothe Chillicothe - larger than Gallipolis, Jackson and even Logan Elm - having less state success than many of these smaller schools you like to pick on?

BTW...LE will try to work on it this season.

bman618,

Good Luck :!:

I doubt it, but we'll see :!: :-D

No deflection, just facts. No, not worried about exposure, especially from you. :roll:

We are talking about the here and now. Not historically when we were D1 School. I am talking about the SEOAL. Jackson is a larger school than ours. :-D

Not picking on them. The topic is playing up. Or did you forget the topic and just want to call names like a few others who have been confronted with a real question. ...............Playing Up in competition in Non-League Play :?:

You don't see Ironton or Marietta crying about it do you? They are playing up. You don't see Zanesville crying about travel to play up. You don't see Portsmouth the smallest school in the SEOAL whinning about playing up. :-D

You don't see Chillicothe or Logan crying and whinning about it :!:

So say what you want, I have to agree with the several Logan and Ironton Posters observations, concerning the two schools in the SEOAL that plays usually down. :-D

Then brags about the large victories they garnish over the smaller teams. But, the tide always shows its face when it comes SEOAL or Playoff time. Especially with the 4 new teams in the SEOAL. :-D

In Football, I don't know much about the MSL-Buckeye except Amanda Clearcreek who is well known. I wonder what your Braves will do this season? :-D

But in our SEOAL there are three teams that duck competition in their non-league schedule. One is a given, Vincent Waren Local who probably have more who play Soccer than Football. The other two claiming there are no same size schools close by.

Hmmm, none of the below teams complain to travel and play competition. Until the OTHER TWO do, they really can't talk to much smack about the schedule and their wins over below average schools that struggle. Like Wellston who went 0-10 :!:

At least the ones below, are making an effort to build on and play, so they will be prepared. :-D

As stated, there are two that beat their chest when they beat those much smaller schools. :roll:

Unlike these:

Marietta
Zanesville
Logan
Chillicothe
Ironton
Portsmouth

Who I might add, are not afraid of bigger schools, and prepare each year to play up and get ready for SEOAL Play . Also, to possibly make the Playoffs.

This is Chillicothe's 3rd season in the SEOAL so I feel confident about this years team in Football and several other sports. Especially B-Ball. I am looking forward to see what happens against your Braves this year at Chillicothe. :-D

Fall Sports:

Football
2007 4-6
2006 7-4 (State D2 Playoffs) :-D

Soccer Boys
2007 Sectional Champions!....2007 SEOAL Champions! :-D
2006 Sectional Champions! :-D

Girls Tennis
2007 SEOAL League Champions! :-D
2006 SEOAL League Champions! :-D

Winter Sports:

Boys Basketball
2008 State Champions! :-D
2008 Regional Champions! :-D
2008 District Champions! :-D
2008 Sectional Champions! :-D

2007 District Champions! :-D
2007 Sectional Champions! :-D
2007 SEOAL Champions! :-D

Girls Basketball
2008 SEOAL South Division Champions! :-D

Spring Sports:

Boys Tennis
2008 SEOAL South Division Champions! :-D

GO CAVS :!:
Last edited by Army on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

bman618 wrote:Nice editing job after I brought up the point. You were talking about Division, like you typically do.

bman618,

Wrong again as usual. It's about competition and playing teams that are able to compete, playing up could be a divisional size school one above or one to two below.

Take Williamsport Westfall D4, they kick Teays Valley D2, Circleville D3 and Circleville Logan Elms D3 butt usually every year. They are playing up.

Now lets look at the Jackson-Wellston series.

Or the Jackson-VC series.

Gallipolis Gallia Academy-VC series

Now look at the rest of the SEOAL besides those two and Warren Local.

What do you think the sports critics would say if the Chillicothe D3 Cavaliers scheduled these teams for their non-league football schedule?

Chillicothe Unioto D4 SVC
Chesire River Valley D4 OVC
McArthur Vinton County D3 TVC-Ohio
McDermott Northwest D4 SOC II

(Or the Ironton D4 Fighting Tigers) played;

Lucasville Valley D5 SOC II
Portsmouth Notre Dame D6 SOC I
Stewart Federal Hocking D5 TVC-Hocking

Or the (Logan D2 Chieftians) played;

Bloom Carroll D4 MSL-Buckeye
London Madison-Plains D4 SCOL
South Zanesville (Maysville) D3 MVL

What would the critics say if these three SEOAL Schools played the following schools listed above year in and year out in non-league play :?: :-D

How do you think SE-Ohio and the rest of Ohio would look at Chillicothe, Ironton and Logan's Program if all three took this route in their schedules :?:

Like an SEOAL team that plays other teams with the same likeness, or three teams that play against schools that they continue to run over. :-D

I think these three schools would be looked down on, if they played schools like these mentioned above year in and year out in non-league play.

Don't you? :-D

Point in case....Jackson and Gallia Academy's Non-League Schedules over the past 10 years. :-D

Maybe if your Circleville Logan Elm D3 Braves could defeat little Williamsport Westfall D4 from the SVC you could talk. :-D

But as usual you can't. Will you be at the Chillicothe Cavaliers games again this season?

As usual :?: :roll:

WOW... with support from fans that really hate the CAVS program.

Bman618,

Why do you even attend our games if you hate the CAVS program so much? You seem to talk a lot of smack about the CAVS, and put them down on here alot. It's odd that your D3 LE Braves won't schedule us or even a Waverly D4 in football that is close by huh? I wonder why? Could it be they might be concerned about that step-up situation to play competition outside the MSL-Buckeye Division?

At least I have a valid excuse of attending the CAV games. I live here, this is our home and our kids attend the Chillicothe City Schools.

Who knows, maybe my kids school will surprise critics of the CAV Program this season, such as yourself, and turn other heads in SE-Ohio too. :-D

One thing is for sure, I support them 100 %.

Too bad you don't :!: :-D

Last thing, Chillicothe has never been afraid to play up or competitive teams in football or any other sport. :-D

GO CAVS :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!:

Refuse to lose :!:

Roll Big Blue and White to Victory :!:

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Army gets on and spews about playing 'up' in division and once he is exposed, edits his post and talks about competition. He then gets on and brags about his adopted Chillicothe Chillicothe's ONE state title in all sports in history and dares posters to try and match it, especially from Jackson. When I post the data of all the area state success, including some of the schools he makes fun of having much more success than Chillicothe Chillicothe, he again wants to change the subject back to the SEOAL, but only for two years. Don't talk about the long and rich history of the SEOAL, only the two years the mightly Chillicothe Chillicothe has been in it.
Last edited by bman618 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Logan Elm plays Westfall and Amanda every year, both of which would beat Chillicothe pretty consistently.

Nice try, next.

As for Logan or whomever, they can schedule who they see fit. I'm sure AD's come to you to preapprove their schedules. :lol:
Last edited by bman618 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Actually Army, Logan Elm signed a contract with Waverly beginning play in 2004, but the Tigers opted out after the Braves beat them for the first two years. You might want to check your facts before you post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

As I have said before. If you read through the posts of Army it is very clear he has NEVER played football, or at least on a High School varsity team. it is hard to tell if he is even older than a teenager by his post. The big issue with him is that he spends all of his time going back in history (when Chillicothe had a decent team), what 15 years ago? To argue about evrything. You are talking about a guy who worships the OCC and the Columbus City League. Why?, because that is ALL he has ever seen, or been exposed to. The Columbus City League, one good team, one year! A league that has seen their top teams continue to get beat on when they play anyone outside of their league,(EXCEPT CHILLICOTHE)! Little Amanda beat on the city league champ twice. Sheridan and Licking Valley beat Beechcroft and Whetstone so bad for a couple years they stopped playing. They could have called those games after the first quarter! LITTLE D4 New Lexington beat the mighty Eastmoor Warriors half to death in the playoffs a couple years ago, and they should have stopped that game early, it was ugly! Always a "Big thing" with Army, bigger is better?

OCC this OCC that. Army you are in the SEOAL, this is a SEOAL Forum, Your football program is NOT good, you have NEVER won a SEOAL Title, and NO ONE except you and a couple of your Chillicothe homers see you winning one. NO ONE gives a hoot about all of your stats from your so called (by you anyway), glory days. You will be back on par this year, losing at least two of your non league games to Sheridan and Big Nut, and most likeky to Brookhaven as well. Then you get beat by Logan, Jackson and maybe Zanesville as well. Better see if you can get back into the OCC buddy, seems to be a easier road for you. Get out of Chillicothe one day and go watch some good football Army. Start at Lancaster, over to Logan, up to Sheridan, Stuebenville, Canal Fulton, Canton, Massillon, back to Watterson, Desales, Upper Arlington, thats football buddy, thats REAL PROVEN HISTORY, and Great programs.

Army
S

Post by Army »

DRIFTER wrote:As I have said before. If you read through the posts of Army it is very clear he has NEVER played football, or at least on a High School varsity team. it is hard to tell if he is even older than a teenager by his post. The big issue with him is that he spends all of his time going back in history (when Chillicothe had a decent team), what 15 years ago? To argue about evrything. You are talking about a guy who worships the OCC and the Columbus City League. Why?, because that is ALL he has ever seen, or been exposed to. The Columbus City League, one good team, one year! A league that has seen their top teams continue to get beat on when they play anyone outside of their league,(EXCEPT CHILLICOTHE)! Little Amanda beat on the city league champ twice. Sheridan and Licking Valley beat Beechcroft and Whetstone so bad for a couple years they stopped playing. They could have called those games after the first quarter! LITTLE D4 New Lexington beat the mighty Eastmoor Warriors half to death in the playoffs a couple years ago, and they should have stopped that game early, it was ugly! Always a "Big thing" with Army, bigger is better?

OCC this OCC that. Army you are in the SEOAL, this is a SEOAL Forum, Your football program is NOT good, you have NEVER won a SEOAL Title, and NO ONE except you and a couple of your Chillicothe homers see you winning one. NO ONE gives a hoot about all of your stats from your so called (by you anyway), glory days. You will be back on par this year, losing at least two of your non league games to Sheridan and Big Nut, and most likeky to Brookhaven as well. Then you get beat by Logan, Jackson and maybe Zanesville as well. Better see if you can get back into the OCC buddy, seems to be a easier road for you. Get out of Chillicothe one day and go watch some good football Army. Start at Lancaster, over to Logan, up to Sheridan, Stuebenville, Canal Fulton, Canton, Massillon, back to Watterson, Desales, Upper Arlington, thats football buddy, thats REAL PROVEN HISTORY, and Great programs.

Drifter,

As I stated earlier, I was on the team that defeated your beloved Chieftians. :-D

Did you make it past Little League Football at Logan :?: :lol:

Oh, my sons school will be doing the same thing they did to your Chieftians in 2006 at Chillicothe. Instead it will take place in week 10 this season. :-D

And if you are the coach you were supposed to be, yeah right :!: :lol: :lol:

That's to funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would hate to have played on that PEE-WEE Team you coached. :lol: :lol:

Finally, this is a post about Non-League Schedules in playing up. :-D

And again, you are wrong as always, this is just not a SEOAL forum. Tell that to the SOC, OVC, MSL, SCOL, TVC, MVL, OVAC, PVC, and OCC Posters that this forum is for. The SEOAL only huh :?: :roll:

Evidently you missed reading class in the 7th grade HUH :?: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Are you sure you didn't go to school in Kentucky :?:

Hope to see you in your Purple Costume in week 3 and 10 at Chillicothe.

Logan dynasty huh :?:

Got any state titles :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironton does and how long did it take them. How long have you all been in the SEOAL :?:

It seems that the OCC has your number huh? Likewise Tri-Valley too :!: :lol: :lol:

DRIFTER-Rifter I almost forgot...so does Chillicothe :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1990 Chillicothe 17 Logan 6 AT Logan :-D
1991 Logan 13 Chillicothe 0 AT Chillicothe
1993 Chillicothe 60 Logan 28 AT Logan :-D Chilli 1993.....6-4 OCC
1994 Chillicothe 40 Logan 21 AT Chillicothe :-D Chilli 1994.....3-7 OCC
2003 Logan 9 Chillicothe 0 AT Logan
2004 Chillicothe 29 Logan 28 AT Chillicothe :-D You were SEOAL Champs too.
2005 Logan 29 Chillicothe 23 AT Logan
2006 Chillicothe 31 Logan 21 AT Chillicothe :-D What league did you win ?
2007 Logan 47 Chillicothe 18 AT Logan

SEOAL Forum huh :?:

Yeah Right :!: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Army on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

how many play up while in league play to put themselves in position to get ready for playoffs :?:

Return to “Football”