Waterboy

Re: Region 19

Post by TrojanFan2011 »

So Portsmouth is out?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

They are all but out, there's sooooo many things that would have to happen in or for them to make it. Start with 5 teams in front of them would have to lose out. Then in week 10 they'd have to beat Ironton. Then each team they beat they would need to get wins out of. So yeah basically they're out but never say never.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

TrojanFan2011 wrote:So Portsmouth is out?
They aren't mathematically eliminated but I don't think they will make it

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

Barring any huge upsets, the top 3 teams will be Burg, Garaway, and Coshocton. Basically 6 teams in contention for the last five spots. If Liberty Union would upset Amanda Clearcreek in week 10 they would probably knock Ridgewood out. Nelsonville York could also move into the top 4 if they beat Athens. Union Local got a huge win over St. C last night and will probably wind up in 4th if they win out. Huge points game for them Week 10 against Barnesville. Ironton will probably wind up in the 6th/7th spot. Should be some good first round games but this Region comes down to Burg/Garaway IMO.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

CFB1 wrote:Barring any huge upsets, the top 3 teams will be Burg, Garaway, and Coshocton. Basically 6 teams in contention for the last five spots. If Liberty Union would upset Amanda Clearcreek in week 10 they would probably knock Ridgewood out. Nelsonville York could also move into the top 4 if they beat Athens. Union Local got a huge win over St. C last night and will probably wind up in 4th if they win out. Huge points game for them Week 10 against Barnesville. Ironton will probably wind up in the 6th/7th spot. Should be some good first round games but this Region comes down to Burg/Garaway IMO.
If the said matchup happens in the regional finals I wonder where it would be played

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Probably at chillicothe.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Wheelersbug and Garaway are almost locks for #1 and #2.
Coshocton will probably end up #3. They play Claymont this week who is having an improved year.
#4 will be between Nelsonville-York or Union Local. UL should win this week, and then play a 7-1 team in a weak league.
Zane Trace is #4 now, but a 4-12 record for the two teams they have left. Should end up #5 or #6, but could end up #7 or #8 with no upsets.
Ridgewood and Ironton should win out which may get both in. Ridgewood has a better chance.
The Wild Card is Liberty Union. If they beat Fairfield Union and Amanda, they are in as high as #4 or #5.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

Coshocton hung tough with Dover last night which surprised me. Dover is by no means a powerhouse this year, but still a solid Division 3 team. Coshocton has enough talent and senior leadership to hang with Burg or Garaway, but everyone else is fighting for a one and done.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

RV is trying to sneak in.....tonights game at AHS will determine any hype for them and making the playoffs.....but they could/should be considered a long-shot.....

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Ironton will be big Athens and Amanda Clearcreek fans this week. Looking at Eitel they need at least Liberty Union and most likely Nelsonville-York to lose to get in. If NY loses, they will be a lot of help to get in. I think Union Local gets the last home game with Zane Trace 5, Ridgewood at 6, Ironton at 7 and Harrison Central at 8.If NY wins they will be 5, bumping everyone down, and possibly hurting Ironton, but I still think the Tigers will get in. If LU upsets Amanda, then Ironton must hope NY loses to get in. Here is how most likely it will look.
1 Burg
2 Garaway
3 Coshocton
4 Union Local
5 Zane Trace
6 Ridgewood
7 Ironton
8 Harrison Central

TrojanFan2011
Waterboy

Post by TrojanFan2011 »

indianabuck wrote:Ironton will be big Athens and Amanda Clearcreek fans this week. Looking at Eitel they need at least Liberty Union and most likely Nelsonville-York to lose to get in. If NY loses, they will be a lot of help to get in. I think Union Local gets the last home game with Zane Trace 5, Ridgewood at 6, Ironton at 7 and Harrison Central at 8.If NY wins they will be 5, bumping everyone down, and possibly hurting Ironton, but I still think the Tigers will get in. If LU upsets Amanda, then Ironton must hope NY loses to get in. Here is how most likely it will look.
1 Burg
2 Garaway
3 Coshocton
4 Union Local
5 Zane Trace
6 Ridgewood
7 Ironton
8 Harrison Central

Ironton is not in if they can't beat Portsmouth. Portsmouth beat them in the scrimmage at the beginning of the year. In which, the fighting tigers are a much better team now but the Trojans could pull an upset if they come to play.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I think Nelsonville-York gets in even if they lose to Athens.
Burg, Garaway and Coshocton are locks for #1, #2, #3.
Union Local should end up #4 unless they are upset by Bellaire (Sat) or Barnesville.
Zane Trace will be #5 unless Nelsonville-York beats Athens which would probably make them #6.
Ridgewood, Nelsonville (if they lose to Athens) and Ironton will battle for #7 and #8,
Liberty Union could throw a wrench into the last two spots if they upset Amanda.
Harrison Central is on the outside unless there are a bunch of upsets.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

If NY loses they need Logan, River Valley, Meigs and Vinton County to win. Wellston beats VC and Waverly beats RV. Logan-Warren and Alex-Meigs are 50/50 games. NY will be near the lower end of the Eitel number which will leave them out if they lose.

bucks__09
Waterboy

Post by bucks__09 »

indianabuck wrote:If NY loses they need Logan, River Valley, Meigs and Vinton County to win. Wellston beats VC and Waverly beats RV. Logan-Warren and Alex-Meigs are 50/50 games. NY will be near the lower end of the Eitel number which will leave them out if they lose.
Nelsonville needs Alexander to beat Meigs, and wellston to beat vinton county. We will get points either way no matter who wins these games but will get more if the smaller school wins.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Bucks just need to take care of Athens. I think we will be home week 11 as long as we do that and I'm confident we will.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

1.Wheelersburg
2.Garaway
3.Coshocton
4.Union Local
5.Nelsonville-York
6.Zane Trace
7.Ridgewood
8.Ironton

I still think Nelsonville-York would be #8 if they lose to Athens. All according to second level points though.
Last edited by petesweaty on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton is currently 9th after the shutout of gahs. ironton beats Portsmouth they're in. lose and no way.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I think burg's only legit challenger will be sugar creek in week 13, they look to be a pretty decent football team.
Last edited by The Oaf on Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
bucks__09
Waterboy

Post by bucks__09 »

Bellaire just beat union local 21-13.
Garaway currently playing tcc and should win.
#1wheelersburg #2garaway #3coshocton #4 Zane trace #5 Nelsonville York #6 ridgewood #7 union local #8 Harrison central

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Orange and Brown wrote:The Bucks just need to take care of Athens. I think we will be home week 11 as long as we do that and I'm confident we will.
Think you're correct and it will look like this after UL loss and assuming McClain loses:
1. Burg
2. Garoway
3. NY
4. Cosh
5. ZT
6.Ironton
7.Ridgewood
8. UL/LU

If so, there would be some very interesting games in the first round.

Return to “Football”