Wheelersburg 35 Columbus Academy 16 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Burg4
JV Team

Re: Playoffs Round 2 DV R19 #5 Columbus Academy @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Burg4 »

Spectrum is Trash. The announcers don't even care enough to pronounce "Scioto" County correctly and mispronounce most players names on the highlights they show.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:05 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:50 pm
Burg93 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:21 pm The "Experts" on Spectrum Sports said this am that Wheelersburg will not be able to handle Academy because Wheelersburg "always has trouble" with Columbus teams and because Greg Schiano's sons play for Academy. Evidently, Bishop Ready and Watterson have moved?
Spectrum sports is garbage... they can’t stand southern teams. Actually they don’t give any school that isn’t d1 or d2 any credit. Oh well. Burg will compete with any school they play
Yes ur right! Burg will compete but they better not play like the started against ready. Burg started slow and didn’t start clicking until second have. This is the playoffs and every team is there because they are good. I also would like burgs special teams get going. The last two games it hasn’t been there. 2 blocked extra points, missed field goals and bad kickoffs. Special teams are a must in playoffs!!
I think the kickoffs were going shorter last night due to them not wanting to kick it to the return guy who had 400 yards the past 2 games.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Yes smart move not to kick to him but out of bounds and the onside kick that was missed, I don’t that was a called onside it looked like he missed a high short kick. What do u think? Those don’t bother me but missed field goals and blocked extra points do. In playoffs those extra points and field goals are “Gold”. Burg has been tough as nails on special teams all year until the last two. This is my opinion and not arguing or starting anything. I’m one guy that wants to see the southern team win and advance

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg started out fine. First 2 drives came away with 14 points.. I think the qb needs to check all of his receivers though. Seems like he only checks 2 and throws into coverage or runs. Needs to go through his progression more. Special teams are what they are. The kicker takes such a long wind up it takes too much time. Teams over load one side and that’s it.. defensively I think the pirates are lights out. I don’t see any team in d5 being better on the defensive side of the ball..

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:36 pm Burg better get their special teams fixed!! 2nd game in row they had extra point blocked, two bad kick-offs and missed fieldgoal. Special team is a great weapon in playoffs and usually comes down to it. Also the punter waits to long to punt the ball which is a penalty unless the changed the ruling. He waits until his coverage gets downfield until he kicks it. Guys or gals let me know if I’m wrong on this, thanks and good luck Burg on this second round game
On their punts, they call a pass/punt option frequently. They give the punter the option to pass it to an open receiver if they are open. If they are not, he punts it away.

vincent_chase
Waterboy

Post by vincent_chase »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:36 pm Burg better get their special teams fixed!! 2nd game in row they had extra point blocked, two bad kick-offs and missed fieldgoal. Special team is a great weapon in playoffs and usually comes down to it. Also the punter waits to long to punt the ball which is a penalty unless the changed the ruling. He waits until his coverage gets downfield until he kicks it. Guys or gals let me know if I’m wrong on this, thanks and good luck Burg on this second round game
Not a penalty. He can take 4 minutes if they would let him. And it is great that he does it so know one can get good returns against them. Can’t think of anyone having any good punt returns this year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Doesn’t matter if Chillicothe or Russia, I got Burg by 21

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

PirateBB wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:11 pm
14U wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:05 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:50 pm
Spectrum sports is garbage... they can’t stand southern teams. Actually they don’t give any school that isn’t d1 or d2 any credit. Oh well. Burg will compete with any school they play
Yes ur right! Burg will compete but they better not play like the started against ready. Burg started slow and didn’t start clicking until second have. This is the playoffs and every team is there because they are good. I also would like burgs special teams get going. The last two games it hasn’t been there. 2 blocked extra points, missed field goals and bad kickoffs. Special teams are a must in playoffs!!
I think the kickoffs were going shorter last night due to them not wanting to kick it to the return guy who had 400 yards the past 2 games.

They Olso said Dayton area would beat Columbus in d1 and only 1 Dayton div 1 team won

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Burg4 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 pm Spectrum is Trash. The announcers don't even care enough to pronounce "Scioto" County correctly and mispronounce most players names on the highlights they show.
Watch the Blitz last night and the only films they showed were the big schools

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

GO BURG!!!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Academy schedule very easy

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm Academy schedule very easy
At this point u can't over look anyone or u will get smacked in the face

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Any word on the location

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:01 pm Any word on the location
Location will be released tomorrow by 2......

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:56 pm
14svt wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm Academy schedule very easy
At this point u can't over look anyone or u will get smacked in the face
Yeah like the Buckeyes just did...... :(

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If the Pirates can adjust to the speed, I can see another running clock win.
If not this will be a dog fight.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

One thing Burg has plenty of is speed on the edge.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

After seeing a little bit of CA. I think Holden plays more safety this week. Their QB has a cannon. The RB is shifty and hits his the hole hard. WR’s are big and tall. Defensively, they do not tackle well in space. Most of their players go both ways. They have a 59 man roster. I think Burgs depth will prevail again.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Chillicothe it Is! OHSAAwebsite.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Wheelersburg and Columbus Academy will be at Chillicothe.

Return to “Football”