Nelsonville-York 26 Fort Frye 20 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Round 2 D6 region 23 Fort Frye @ Nelsonville-York (at New Lex)

Post by mattash »

NY is on another level right now. Fort Frye has a great D but I dont think all score many points.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

remember its not what you all think because you don't play or coach have fun all week and come and watch on Friday just sayin

Redwhiteblue4ever
Waterboy

Post by Redwhiteblue4ever »

Keep it coming NY!! Good luck this Friday!! :D

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Re: Round 2 D6 region 23 Fort Frye @ Nelsonville-York (site to be determined)

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:55 pm
nybucksgrad06 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:13 pm Not trying to disrespect Fort Frye, but to be honest I look for NY to win this game pretty comfortably.

My Prediction is NY by no less than 21 points. But could very easily win by alot more than 21 points.

In gonna say:

NY - 42
FF - 14

Just because you say your not trying to disrespect doesn’t mean you didn’t just do that. I think you need to do a little more research. Fort Frye has only allowed 61 varsity points all season 2 Tds since halftime of Waterford week 3. Fort Frye has not allowed more then 21 points in a game all season and that was week 1. Fort Frye has played its best football at the end of the year beating 3 straight playoff teams. Buckeyes might win but it won’t be 42-14.
I really meant no disrespect but I guess everyone will have their own opinions on it. I am just proud and confident in the hard work our boys put into this season from day one. And you keep talking about Fort Frye's D. But the opponents they did that against. It just doesn't impress me much. And I'm not saying Fort Frye is bad, I'm just saying they haven't played a team like Nelsonville-York yet and yes anything can happen. Fort Frye could beat us. But I can promise you that our boys won't over look Fort Frye and will be focused and ready come Friday night in New Lex. Hope for an injury free game for both teams and can't wait for this to be settled on the field. May the best team win!!
Last edited by nybucksgrad06 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

GO BUCKS!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fireball wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:41 pm remember its not what you all think because you don't play or coach have fun all week and come and watch on Friday just sayin
By all means just shut all sites like this down then, it's a discussion board for a game and what we MAY think is going to happen. No kidding it comes down to the kids playing on Friday night on how it all unfolds. I don't think any of us thought we had that kind of power to sway how this game was played. lol

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Week in and week out, it's the same old story. Whoever Fort Frye beat, somebody isn't impressed. I'm just real tired of that old story. At this point, 90% of the teams in the state are at home. Predict what you feel, but talking about respect makes you look like a fool.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Or to put it another way, I guess Nelsonville's signature win is over 8-2 Athens? Who did Athens beat?
0-10 Warren
2-8 Watkins Memorial
3-7 Logan
1-9 Alexander
Wellston
Vinton County
River Valley
Meigs

There is not a single winning team in that list. How good was Athens, really? I don't know. I really don't.

Honestly, I favor The Buckeyes to win this game, but these are 15 year-old kids, not demigods. Anything can happen.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Round 2 D6 region 23 Fort Frye @ Nelsonville-York (site to be determined)

Post by EasternDspy »

nybucksgrad06 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:21 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:55 pm
nybucksgrad06 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:13 pm Not trying to disrespect Fort Frye, but to be honest I look for NY to win this game pretty comfortably.

My Prediction is NY by no less than 21 points. But could very easily win by alot more than 21 points.

In gonna say:

NY - 42
FF - 14

Just because you say your not trying to disrespect doesn’t mean you didn’t just do that. I think you need to do a little more research. Fort Frye has only allowed 61 varsity points all season 2 Tds since halftime of Waterford week 3. Fort Frye has not allowed more then 21 points in a game all season and that was week 1. Fort Frye has played its best football at the end of the year beating 3 straight playoff teams. Buckeyes might win but it won’t be 42-14.
I really meant no disrespect but I guess everyone will have their own opinions on it. I am just proud and confident in the hard work our boys put into this season from day one. And you keep talking about Fort Frye's D. But the opponents they did that against. It just doesn't impress me much. And I'm not saying Fort Frye is bad, I'm just saying they haven't played a team like Nelsonville-York yet and yes anything can happen. Fort Frye could beat us. But I can promise you that our boys won't over look Fort Frye and will be focused and ready come Friday night in New Lex. Hope for an injury free game for both teams and can't wait for this to be settled on the field. May the best team win!!

Knowing you have a great team that is special is one thing but to be honest I’m not that impressed with you or your opinions. I mean you don’t really know anything about Fort Frye or who they have played. You say your not impressed with the defense yet you’ve probably never seen them play. It’s cool though because everyone has been knocking this team week in and week out anyway. Shenandoah was projected to win the league and Fort Frye destroyed them running for 300 yards in that game. SCC came in with a top 10 offense in the state and Fort Frye was beating 43-6 at half. Most ppl thought they would smoke Fort Frye. Fort Frye is (32-3) the last 3 seasons. Now Nelsonville is going to be by far the best team Fort will play all season. They are extremely balanced passing and running. The Buckeye Defense is super fast. Pastuer has NY as 9 point favorite Cal Preps has them a 10 point favorite. I think Fort will have to be perfect to win this game. Just the way Fort plays offensively and defensively I think I’d be shocked if NY scored 42 points in this game.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Fort Frye is a very good football program. With a very good defense. They are where they are for a reason. With that being said the buckeyes also have a really good defense. I think NY will score more than people think, Rusty will put them in the position they need to be to accomplish that. I except a really good game between two great programs. Not going to give a score prediction but Buckeyes win. Go Bucks!!!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Ny is going for 1-0..
I guarantee you that fort frye has Ny sole attention.
Im sure Richards has them focused on the cadets..
With that said..Ny will be a double hand full ..
Go Buckeyes

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Nelsonville York is the best team in the region loaded with players like Wilburn, Yinger , Wend, and Maiden. Cadets are going to have to be perfect to be in this game. They won’t be able to have 5 turnovers this week. Fort Fryes strength is the front 8. Very good DL and LBs lead by Bradford , McLeod , Schob and Brendon Huck. Hopefully Jesse McLeod can get healthy this week he played banged up last week.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Pastuer has these 2 teams ranked 1 and 2 in the region.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Friday's game will be on 970wath & 97.1FM

Or streamed online at 970wath.com

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Game is also on WJAW FM 100.9 ESPN radio for Southeast Ohio.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Also on 107.7 WSEO

Softball5
Waterboy

Post by Softball5 »

DJ2Nh5jXoAImjwE.jpg
DJ2Nh5jXoAImjwE.jpg (67.23 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
One of the best atmospheres for high school football game. Have heard many players say it was there favorite place to play due to the environment. Enjoy the experience.

NYBUCKSFAN
Waterboy

Post by NYBUCKSFAN »

Who is the home team?

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Nelsonville York is home game until Final 4 at least

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Visitor's bleachers aren't that high and you miss some of the action looking through and around players. If you are physically able, I would suggest sitting up on the hill where the pic was taken. Best view in the stadium. Anywhere on the hill. I usually sit on the steps that go nowhere (visitor's side near endzone) because the fence at the top has no gate anymore.

It is a great atmosphere for a game.

Return to “Football”