Southeast Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Locations

victor creed
Varsity

Re: Southeast Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Locations

Post by victor creed »

Hey. I just said I was concerned. Plus all the talk that valley or waverly couldn't host due to fences just limits the few venues we have below circleville. I think valley and waverly are awesome places to play. Glad they are hosting looks like it worked out. Let's go play some football

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

http://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments ... s-Coverage

Click tourney brackets for game locations. All sites are released.
Last edited by icanpickem on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg vs academy at chillicothe

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

I would switch the Wheelersburg/Academy game to Zane Trace and put Portsmouth West/Johnstown at Chillicothe. Columbus Academy has a smaller following (probably 200 at most) with no Marching Band. But, OHSAA had made their decision already.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 pm I would switch the Wheelersburg/Academy game to Zane Trace and put Portsmouth West/Johnstown at Chillicothe. Columbus Academy has a smaller following (probably 200 at most) with no Marching Band. But, OHSAA had made their decision already.
Exactly

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:16 pm
bsee12345 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 pm I would switch the Wheelersburg/Academy game to Zane Trace and put Portsmouth West/Johnstown at Chillicothe. Columbus Academy has a smaller following (probably 200 at most) with no Marching Band. But, OHSAA had made their decision already.
Exactly
West had trouble filling their own stadium for a home playoff game. Let alone trying to fill Heirnstein Field. Burg travels really really well. They always have. West and JM would have been better suited at Waverly. About a 20 minute further drive for JM but West is the higher seed.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Cant complain Jtown fans travel really well and will have the visitors side fully packed includeding the band Might have stand up as well These boys are ready

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Johnstown’s band has performed in a few bowl games. My cousin plays in the band. They are very loud and good. Kids are required to participate in some kind of extracurricular activity. Also students wear uniforms to class

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:18 pm Remember guys and gals field has to have field turf. I seen Lancaster and last I seen it is still grass
where in the rules you got to have tuff

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

indianabuck wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:36 am
mattash wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 am DIVISION 6 REGION 23
Southeastern (11-0) vs Coal Grove (10-1)
Valley

DIVISION 5 REGION 19
Wheelersburg (11-0) vs Columbus Academy (9-2)
Chillicothe

DIVISION 5 REGION 19
Portsmouth West (10-1) vs Johnstown Monroe (9-2)
Lancaster

DIVISION 7 REGION 27
River (7-4) vs Sciotoville East (9-2)
Athens
Lancaster can't host. They don't have turf. It would either be Logan or possibly Bloom Carroll. If the state let's Valley host, then they will get the CG game, if not, then Waverly or Jackson.
Where in the rules you need tuff

Volunteer
Riding the Bench

Post by Volunteer »

Been that way f or years now. Have to be turf and a fence around field separating fans from players.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

victor creed wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:28 am Hey. I just said I was concerned. Plus all the talk that valley or waverly couldn't host due to fences just limits the few venues we have below circleville. I think valley and waverly are awesome places to play. Glad they are hosting looks like it worked out. Let's go play some football
No one said anything about Waverly needing a fence - they have it, Valley doesn’t.
With SE/CG being at Valley I guess they waived that guideline.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:20 am
victor creed wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:00 am How is anything official when ohsaa doesn't announce anything till noon My concern from the very beginning when it was announced all games on Fridays. That southern ohio playoff teams would be traveling farther due to lack of suitable venues or would be playing at places with not enough seating or parking to accommodate our fans. Hope it works out but I hope this is the last year of all Friday playoff games

So what Southern Ohio team got screwed?
Doesn’t look like any of them did. West/JM at Zane Trace is somewhat of a head scratcher because of the seating capacity but fairly centrally located.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Heard parking situation at Chillicothe is very bad. If you can't park in the parking lot, parking on the streets runs a strong risk of getting your car broke in to.

Great playoff site OHSAA!

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Neutron Man wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:14 pm Heard parking situation at Chillicothe is very bad. If you can't park in the parking lot, parking on the streets runs a strong risk of getting your car broke in to.

Great playoff site OHSAA!
It's that way most places. Don't leave anything valuable in car and leave it unlocked!!

G0 BuCKs
Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Parking isn’t that great due to the construction of the new school. But there is plenty of parking within 5 minute walking. These neighborhoods are good neighborhoods

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:11 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:20 am
victor creed wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:00 am How is anything official when ohsaa doesn't announce anything till noon My concern from the very beginning when it was announced all games on Fridays. That southern ohio playoff teams would be traveling farther due to lack of suitable venues or would be playing at places with not enough seating or parking to accommodate our fans. Hope it works out but I hope this is the last year of all Friday playoff games

So what Southern Ohio team got screwed?
Doesn’t look like any of them did. West/JM at Zane Trace is somewhat of a head scratcher because of the seating capacity but fairly centrally located.
Typically Johnstown will travel well with 50+ players plus 250+ between band and cheerleaders, especially the further they make it in the post season. I hope they bring in extra seating or something as the band could probably fill that section up.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

So Zane Trace gets a second round game and Waverly doesn't. Shocking! Waverly has over 500 paved parking spots all within a minute or so walking time to the front gate. Waverly has more and nicer seating on both the home and visitor sides. And our facility is more spacious and open than ZT's. And Waverly's field is located right on US 23. I'm willing to bet most people would rather drive and extra 20 minutes for all that. Just makes you wonder what all goes into these decisions.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

toast wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:01 pm So Zane Trace gets a second round game and Waverly doesn't. Shocking! Waverly has over 500 paved parking spots all within a minute or so walking time to the front gate. Waverly has more and nicer seating on both the home and visitor sides. And our facility is more spacious and open than ZT's. And Waverly's field is located right on US 23. I'm willing to bet most people would rather drive and extra 20 minutes for all that. Just makes you wonder what all goes into these decisions.
Did Waverly put into host?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:04 pm
toast wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:01 pm So Zane Trace gets a second round game and Waverly doesn't. Shocking! Waverly has over 500 paved parking spots all within a minute or so walking time to the front gate. Waverly has more and nicer seating on both the home and visitor sides. And our facility is more spacious and open than ZT's. And Waverly's field is located right on US 23. I'm willing to bet most people would rather drive and extra 20 minutes for all that. Just makes you wonder what all goes into these decisions.
Did Waverly put into host?
Yes

Return to “Football”