SOC 2 player of the year?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: SOC 2 player of the year?

Post by VetteMan »

I have said all year long, that Mathews is the main player that has to be stopped if you want to have a chance to compete with or beat the Burg. I watched the Burg- Ironton game, ( I know he got hurt that game )with the exception of one long run, Ironton pretty much held him in check. ( If Waverly played Ironton, I don't think Shoemaker would run wild against Ironton either.) I also watched Mathews against Jackson, he didn't have a great game against the Ironmen. ( The Ironmen are pretty good against the run.) I've only seen Shoemaker a couple games, he normally carries the ball a lot more often than Mathews. Would the Ironmen stop Shoemaker, mayby not stop, but I don't think he would run wild. They both are very, very good athletes, and are very important to there teams. Being that it is ( Player of the Year ), and Mathews has been banged up especially early in the year, on his Stats alone I would have to give it to Shoemaker. If it was Co-Player of the year for both of them, that would be fine also.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Re: SOC 2 player of the year?

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:48 pm I have said all year long, that Mathews is the main player that has to be stopped if you want to have a chance to compete with or beat the Burg. I watched the Burg- Ironton game, ( I know he got hurt that game )with the exception of one long run, Ironton pretty much held him in check. ( If Waverly played Ironton, I don't think Shoemaker would run wild against Ironton either.) I also watched Mathews against Jackson, he didn't have a great game against the Ironmen. ( The Ironmen are pretty good against the run.) I've only seen Shoemaker a couple games, he normally carries the ball a lot more often than Mathews. Would the Ironmen stop Shoemaker, mayby not stop, but I don't think he would run wild. They both are very, very good athletes, and are very important to there teams. Being that it is ( Player of the Year ), and Mathews has been banged up especially early in the year, on his Stats alone I would have to give it to Shoemaker. If it was Co-Player of the year for both of them, that would be fine also.

I completely agree with this.

Return to “Football”