Week 12: WOOD BURG

portsmouth_98
All State

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I've seen Shoemaker 3 times this year and Matthews and Parker probably a half dozen times each the last few years. They are all very good and would do well on any team. I wouldn't try to rank them but I think they have different strengths, Parker has great field vision and finds holes, Shoemaker is slippery and seems to try to make people miss, and Matthews is great at twisting away from would be tacklers even when they get a hand on him.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:12 pm I've seen Shoemaker 3 times this year and Matthews and Parker probably a half dozen times each the last few years. They are all very good and would do well on any team. I wouldn't try to rank them but I think they have different strengths, Parker has great field vision and finds holes, Shoemaker is slippery and seems to try to make people miss, and Matthews is great at twisting away from would be tacklers even when they get a hand on him.
Yeah how could you go wrong with any of them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This won’t come down to the playmakers. It will come down to a fourth and fifth option. Like it did when burg won state. It wasn’t Holden or Salyers, it was keeney that made a crucial big play . Matthews and co will do good but someone rarely called upon will have to be relied on when you least expect it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Lancaster

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Ridgewood Vs Wheelersburg @ Lancaster High School

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

If Lancaster didn't get new bleachers with the turf, visitor side is kinda small. I will have to drive by and see.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

hegotgame wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:36 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:46 am If this game was in West Lafayette, I’d say Ridgewood. But since it’s not, I think the Burg can get it done, but it’ll be tough.
Wood is better at home. But aren’t all teams better at home? I’m sure Burg is better when they play at the Ed. Looking forward to an exciting game Saturday. Both teams will be well prepared and ready to go. Should be a dandy. Anybody have any leaking sources as to where this is going to be?

I mean no not really. Sure you don’t have to travel, but if you have no atmosphere, your crowd isn’t in it or whatever then it means nothing, no advantage. The big thing is no 3 hour bus ride for Burg playing in a hostile atmosphere. That’s not to say Ridgewood won’t bring a good crowd, they will. But it’s not the same as playing at home, so that’s why I think Burg has a chance.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:50 pmLancaster
I was about to scream if they put it someplace else.

Absolutely great site for these two titans. Lancaster is a great venue for a D5 regional semi-final. Love it.

~75 miles / ~90 minutes for Ridgewood
~90 miles / ~ 100 minutes for Wheelersburg

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:02 pm If Lancaster didn't get new bleachers with the turf, visitor side is kinda small. I will have to drive by and see.
Not deep but very long. Just enough for Burg I’d say. Can Burg sell more presale and get home side? I know Jackson has done that.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:02 pm If Lancaster didn't get new bleachers with the turf, visitor side is kinda small. I will have to drive by and see.
Lancaster’s visitors side will be fine for Wheelersburg, I think. If their band is on the visiting bleachers it may cut down 15% of the seating, but there’s also bleachers on the field that can accommodate the band if they opt to use those. Neither Watterson nor Pickerington North were at 50% capacity with the visiting seating when they played at Fulton Field. Grove City was probably 60-70% but they also had a massive band and band parent contingency.

Like Ironman92 said, the bleachers aren’t too deep/too high but they stretch from the 10 to the 10 (maybe even the 8 to the 8?). It’s not as bad as, say, New Lexington or Bloom-Carroll.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

It will be interesting to see how Scioto County splits things up, do they travel just up the road to Jackson to watch Ironton take on the Aces or will they by pass the Lawrence county team and support Burg in Lancaster?? The casual fan typically stays closer in terms of drive times.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the pirates.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Last time Burg played there it was grass and Tony Lewis was the coach.

Been a long time.

If Burg sells more presale tickets would they get the home side then?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 pm Last time Burg played there it was grass and Tony Lewis was the coach.

Been a long time.

If Burg sells more presale tickets would they get the home side then?
My source says no. It goes on last weeks presale

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Home side, visitor side it honestly doesn't matter, the casual fan is going to sit wherever they can find a seat and away from those FREAKIN milk jugs of Burg. SHEEEEESH

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 pm Home side, visitor side it honestly doesn't matter, the casual fan is going to sit wherever they can find a seat and away from those FREAKIN milk jugs of Burg. SHEEEEESH
Lmfao. You da man goose....

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:24 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 pm Home side, visitor side it honestly doesn't matter, the casual fan is going to sit wherever they can find a seat and away from those FREAKIN milk jugs of Burg. SHEEEEESH
Lmfao. You da man goose....
;) Last time I sat on the home side with Burg fans it was Bishop Hartley and Burg at Chillicothe and it was a heck of a game but man oh man it taught me a lesson.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I’m noticing where ever we go the team were playing has milk jugs. Now, it’s not nearly what burg has, but it’s kinda nice. Imitation is the fondest form of flattery 😜

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Just a thought, burg playing with HOUSE money this week. That’s a dangerous proposition

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

I figured since Ridgewood was home team the home team fans would sit on the home side?

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’

Return to “Football”