2020 Ironton 55 - 7 Gallia Academy

SpeedKillz

Re: Wk 2- Gallia academy @ Ironton

Post by SpeedKillz »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:53 pm
JChipwood wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:56 pm Big Blue have to match the physicality and intensity of the Tigers, which isnt as easy as flipping the switch but are both a must to compete. Both are a testament to heart and coaching. Also need to eliminate the self inflicted mistakes, mainly unnecessary penalties from last week. Most importantly, we have to gain leverage at the point of contact. We cannot stand tall and attempt to block against good talent and HAVE to emphasize tackling lower. As in way lower! We cannot beat a good team tackling shoulder pads. The Tigers are far better than a good team so our tackling high issues are probably going to result in the Blue looking silly. Someone needs to stress the importance of leverage and mandate tackling from the hips down, every practice and every game. Start low, stay low, gain leverage and then stand tall when the clock reads zeros. That said last years Tigers were hands down the best team GA has played since at least the mid eighties. They were good for many reasons but pad level, blocking, and tackling set them way above any team from SEO in my lifetime. Its football...blocking and tackling are still By far the most important skills required to win. Defense wins championships, offense is secondary. Good luck to both teams!! Go Blue!
Ironton 2019 was a great team, I watched them play GA then watched them play Richwood, West Jeff, and Kirkland. But that was not the best team GA has played since the 80's. Try the 1999 GA team that went to the regional finals. They played a Dayton C-J team with 11 D-1 players on that team. The 98 and 99 Ironton teams were just as good if not better than there 2019 team. Logan had 2 teams make the state final 4 twice around the early 2000's The Burrow Athens teams were pretty good. GA also had St Fransics Desales on the schedule for a few years and scene them in the playoffs a couple times as well. Also scene a really good team from Thurgood Marshall, or Purcell Marion in years past. Like I said I am not taking anything away from the 2019 Ironton team but GA has played some really good teams and the athletes from GA isn't what they once was they are getting better but not what they were in late 90's or earlry 2000's. I have been around the program for many years and at a higher level than local high school there is a huge differnce in those teams and the team on the field today. I will always support them but lets be realistic when we make statements. Two other teams they scrimmaged that was loaded in the early 2000's Portsmouth team that went to state championship game and got beat in a mud bowl and the Kettering Alter team in the same time period they scrimmaged 2 or 3 times.
Watched film of both week one. Ironton is faster off the ball at los, they routinely get lower, and are more fundamentally sound. GA is gonna need a well coached and very disciplined group to make some mistakes that are out of character. Otherwise it's gonna get ugly fast & GA is gonna get bullied @ the point of attack all night long.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

GA is slower off the ball @ los. Plays are also slower to develop. Ironton more deliberate, they routinely get lower, more physical & more fundamentally sound. GA has some size & talent up front but its a bit sluggish and it is gonna allow things like, who was it in week one for Ironton? The Crawford kid?! Lists as a FB/LB but was at DE just causing havoc for the opposing offense? ( portsmouth)
When I watched film of GA week one - I notice they are slower up front, and not as athletic. Not as sound from a tackling standpoint either.

Irontons depth and discipline = too much.

Chalk.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

And since there is a lil saber rattlin coming from unproven teams in scioto county let me also add this before I forget.

I also watched Wheelersburg week one. The tide has def turned again. Burg fans should bite their tounges for a lil bit because if week one woulda been Ironton in their house, they would have got violated. If I were Burg I'd be worried about comin outta this thing with maybe as many as 3 L's. Nobody wants to saddle the playoffs w a 50/50 sometimes kinda team. 😂 They might just have their hands full this week. 🤷‍♂️

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:57 pm I am a GA supporter and I think it will be a better game than last year but it is hard to win at The Tank. If GA had a mobile QB they would have a good chance but the QB this year is VERY slow and that gives huge advantage to Ironton. I think Ironton wins by a few scores.
We do have a mobile QB, but he is a freshman. If things get ugly quick and we can't move the ball, lets see what he can do against an elite defense in Ironton. The next 3 seasons will be fun.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

ImageMany of Ironton’s seniors were playing as sophomores in 2018 when Gallia Academy made a poster at the end of the game.
Attachments
184AC6EA-4BBE-4044-ADEB-C4F8BEC81EAD.jpeg

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

so GA backup at QB is a freshman

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:21 pm
Tristate all stars wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:52 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:42 pm Tommy Chong, I guess you could say due to the Covid this season has gone up in smoke. The OVC is weak no doubt but because of Covid Ironton lost 3 games against solid out of conference teams. Not sure what you want them to do about it. As they say it is what it is.
You people are not that dumb to say the ovc is weak if not for one team recruiting all over the country the ovc would actually be pretty competitive
ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!!! 😂
Well at least as far away as Mississippi 😳

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:52 pm And since there is a lil saber rattlin coming from unproven teams in scioto county let me also add this before I forget.

I also watched Wheelersburg week one. The tide has def turned again. Burg fans should bite their tounges for a lil bit because if week one woulda been Ironton in their house, they would have got violated. If I were Burg I'd be worried about comin outta this thing with maybe as many as 3 L's. Nobody wants to saddle the playoffs w a 50/50 sometimes kinda team. 😂 They might just have their hands full this week. 🤷‍♂️
I wouldn’t talk about having there hands full cause Gallia will give you all you want tomorrow night anyway. And your crazy if you think Ironton could violate The Burg in anything

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tristate all stars wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:33 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:52 pm And since there is a lil saber rattlin coming from unproven teams in scioto county let me also add this before I forget.

I wouldn’t talk about having there hands full cause Gallia will give you all you want tomorrow night anyway. And your crazy if you think Ironton could violate The Burg in anything
Reading your posts, sounds like the Fighting Tigers must of violated you at some point lol

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Reading your posts, sounds like the Fighting Tigers must of violated you at some point lol
Well since you want to get personal I can guarantee you couldn’t violate me

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

We are talking about the same dumba$$ that said zero chance for football so I wouldn’t take their posts very serious 😂

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:38 pm

We are talking about the same dumba$$ that said zero chance for football so I wouldn’t take their posts very serious 😂
😂

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tristate all stars wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:32 pm

Trust me, you’re not a concern to me in the least. You’re the one that can’t get over the Fighting Tigers for some reason, especially when you post the same thing so many times on the same thread and every Ironton thread. FYI, makes you look silly in case you didn’t realize it.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Hard to believe gallia has 5 players being recruited by D-1 schools and we enter this game as the underdog...

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

You’ll believe it after the game Friday.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

superblue wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:06 pm Hard to believe gallia has 5 players being recruited by D-1 schools and we enter this game as the underdog...
considering the history wouldnt matter if they had 11 or 22 D1 recruits :lol:

512Bucki
Waterboy

Post by 512Bucki »

The tank was a fun place to play. I figured it would be louder considering there is a roof overtop all them river rats, but I guess that's what you get when you shut them out!

As far as this game goes, I think Ironton pulls this one out but Penrod keeps it close going into the 2nd half.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:31 pm
Tristate all stars wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:32 pm

Trust me, you’re not a concern to me in the least. You’re the one that can’t get over the Fighting Tigers for some reason, especially when you post the same thing so many times on the same thread and every Ironton thread. FYI, makes you look silly in case you didn’t realize it.
You wouldn’t keep responding to me if I was no concern to you🤷‍♂️

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Little over 24 hours left. Should be the stiffest competition either team faces all year. At least before week 7 or 8.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

That's why games are played ! GA in a close one.

Return to “Football”