2020 Wellston 14 - 19 Gallia Academy

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Gallia Academy @ Wellston (Sat, 9/19)

Post by MrFirstTake »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:19 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:02 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:59 pm

I guess
Even my wife asked why they did that?

I-Town Faithful showed up on Gallias thread to watch the MBG of wellston.

Those folks in wellston do a FANTASTIC job on their streams. Area schools should take notes....
I have family members on gallia so I watch every week Especially now that all the games are streamed Lol

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

But sometimes gallia a play calling is way too predictable

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:30 pm But sometimes gallia a play calling is way too predictable

Well I thought a little head scratcher 🧐

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I don’t get it but I’m glad they won for sure

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:40 pm I don’t get it but I’m glad they won for sure

I guess seeing only Jackson snd Ironton games I couldn’t honestly say that either of these two teams belong on the field with the two I mentioned first....

traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:22 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:17 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:13 pm Would love to see WHS win out & play my Alma mater, Ironton, in playoffs again this year!

Wellston has gotten vastly faster and stronger!

This is good video & Armstrong does not drive legs upon contact, he stops.
That’s confusing me.

Gallia 1st Down.
Left

They don’t want Ironton again.....
Nope. Ironton could make the state final again this year.
They did not look like state final caliber last night at Rock Hill

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:43 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:40 pm I don’t get it but I’m glad they won for sure

I guess seeing only Jackson snd Ironton games I couldn’t honestly say that either of these two teams belong on the field with the two I mentioned first....
I agree for sure. Gallia has to be more physical upfront with all that size

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Questionable line play, (both sides) and way too many penalties still plague Blue Devils.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:54 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:43 pm

I agree for sure. Gallia has to be more physical upfront with all that size

They are big,,,,,god given talent levels vary top to bottom all the way across....but you can get super strong , mean n pissed off n get people off the ball.....

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

traf1 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:52 pm

I gudss you're right. Turnover bug was bad. Can't make a deep run playing like that.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:47 pm

I gudss you're right. Turnover bug was bad. Can't make a deep run playing like that.
They were missing like 3 pretty good starters and one lineman didnt play offense, besides the penalties and turnovers id say they're fine. If boggs can get back for the playoffs that would mKe a huge difference on the offense and defensive line

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

I do not care what anyone thinks but going into a game basically blind to the other team is hard, it’s hard on any team. Yes, Gallia doesn’t look too great but they could look a lot better if they figure out the flags & a few other things. Wellston looked solid, & it’s always great to see another SEO succeeding. Wellston QB is not talked about enough on here, had no idea who he was but darn he’s special!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

They sure did NOT.
As a fan, I know I’ll take heat for it & being in FL, I’d still say it if I lived in the Tri-State.

They are playing with much less tenacity than games 1-2, and are not being challenged on the field & they probably won’t be.
Best thing that could happen is Peake give them all they’ve got the whole game.
I know the soft schedule is Wearing/winning mentally on them right now, & coach Pendleton & crew have got to take over, NOW!

It took the AshLand loss last year to ignite a beast.

The coaches will have to ignite that this year!

WELLSTON!
It was a great game to watch and whomever is involved in that video production needs applauded.
Best one I’ve seen in a long time and I watch a lot here in Orlando. Even better than the ones I paid for during playoffs/state final last year!

It was also nice to see how much making the playoffs has inspired the Wellston players.
They outplayed Gallia most of the game. They were smaller, faster, & stronger.
Second time this year I’ve watched those big boys from Gallia get out played & thats D1 line size in a couple of them boys.
But, they aren’t being pushed either.

Great job Wellston on rescheduling a game UP & getting Gallia there.

Keep on pushing and good luck against Grimble!

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

So, heard thru a Wellston fan, who was the GA kid who was running his mouth the whole game and pissed off the ref? I would have give GA an unsportsmanlike penalty every time or kicked him out, instead of having the coach bench him. Hope the kid learned his lesson and they don't let him play this week.

BigBlue99
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue99 »

It’s time for a major change in the coaching staff at Gallia Academy. It’s embarrassing as a fan to watch it week in and week out. Zero accountability from them. No coaching the kids up during the game along with zero adjustments and terrible play calling.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

BigBlue99 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:40 pm It’s time for a major change in the coaching staff at Gallia Academy. It’s embarrassing as a fan to watch it week in and week out. Zero accountability from them. No coaching the kids up during the game along with zero adjustments and terrible play calling.
LOL. you're kidding right? Three losses in the regular season in the last three seasons? Two, potentially three playoff appearances (against much more talented teams) and you're calling for the coaching staff to be fired? Get outta here.

Absolutely no coaching adjustments would've changed the outcome of the Ironton game last year, or this year. They're a top 40-50 team in the STATE. Not just SEO. Not just Division V. The entire state.

Waverly had more speed all over the field against our team that was also geared toward speed and getting players out in space.

Sometimes, you just come across teams that are outright better than yours and no coach, be he Bear Bryant or Vince Lombardi can change that.

I'm young enough to remember my graduating class winning a game against a winless Warren football team back in 2015. The year following, the boys only beat South Point, another winless team.

Then Coach P comes back and immediately turns the program around. 5-5. 9-2. 9-2. And so far, 3-1.

Past three seasons, the losses have been to Jackson and Licking Valley (LV made the state semis, iirc) Ironton (state finalist) and Waverly. And Ironton again, (also a likely state finalist team.)

Get some perspective, dude. We aren't even half a decade removed from the last 1 win season.

BigBlue99
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue99 »

I have perspective little child. You weren’t around for the great Gallia teams playing in the old SEOAL. 9-2 in possibly the worst conference in Ohio. Never ready for big games with all the talent they have. I’m sure your one of the young ones on the staff. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but I’m not alone on this matter

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

No coaching change, just clean up the penalties.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:52 am No coaching change, just clean up the penalties.
I feel like this is partially coaching because the penalties I see a lot from this team is unsportsmanlike conduct some blame is on coach some is players I think

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

BigBlue99 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:47 am I have perspective little child. You weren’t around for the great Gallia teams playing in the old SEOAL. 9-2 in possibly the worst conference in Ohio. Never ready for big games with all the talent they have. I’m sure your one of the young ones on the staff. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but I’m not alone on this matter
I'm not on the staff at all LOL. Just a fan, going back to the Saunders and Bokovitz years. If I was on the staff, I'd be ashamed to admit that nothing I did would or could better prepare those young men.

Return to “Football”