itsme
Varsity

Re: Meigs @ Gallia Academy 8.19.23

Post by itsme »

Cypress wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:13 pm
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:10 pm
itsme wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:15 pm

does he set out for 1 or 2 games
I saw Meigs player push Gallia player. Gallia player pushed back, got the flag, ejection. Personal foul? Probably. Ejection worthy? Nope.
Well you can go to Tony Hawk's FB page and watch the Livestream at the 20:30 mark. Meigs player was engaged pushing Gallia player back all while live, then the whistle blows, Meigs player disengages and the Gallia player throws a right hook to the head clearly after the whistle. So believe whatever you want but a punch is more than likely going to get you ejected.
Is it worthy of another games suspension, I don't believe so. Wasn't like a fight or anything it was just a frustration swing and the body language of the Gallia player appeared to regret it immediately after it happened.
makes no difference if desires a game suspension if you get ejected you got to set out next game or next 2 if referee thinks it was a fight (that is if the ref fills out the paperwork)

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Didn't penalities like this haunt us last year? This would be a great time for the coach to give the team a dose of reality and tell him that your actions have consequences.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

superblue wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:06 am Didn't penalities like this haunt us last year? This would be a great time for the coach to give the team a dose of reality and tell him that your actions have consequences.
I concur. No room for boneheaded mistakes like that. One or two of those against Point Pleasant or Ironton could turn a possible 10-0 season into 8-2 real quick.

Return to “Football”