WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

FIDO
S

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by FIDO »

This bald fat guy sure appreciated Will and burgfan for doing the game via podcast. It was a terrific albeit unorthodox production. Best of all, it was free and I could sit in the comfort of a home in Montana. I hope they go on the road again this week.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

It is crazy for Ironton fans to turn on the coaches, but that’s just human nature and the world of what have you done for me lately that we live in now. Ironton fans totally bought into the “hype” of star players and D1 recruits.

Fact is the last two years was much easier to coach. Everyone knew Carrico was the man and if he ran the ball 10,000 times no one would question it.

This team is different. Outside looking in #7 is the best player but when you have all these guys and more importantly parents who think their kids should be involved then that has to be a nightmare to coach.

If you just hand the ball off 50 times a game you may win now but it’s not gonna fit the model that Ironton has chosen to pursue. In the end it’s Damned if you do and Damned if you don’t and either way he can’t win. Because even if you win mommies and daddies aren’t gonna be happy

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:48 am Like someone said before , sometimes when you play good teams , you may lose a football game. It’s ok, the sun came up this morning. Everyone but the state champions will end the season in a loss, and when it’s over it stings. Come January teams will start working out and getting for next year . I personally appreciate every student athlete, every coaching staff, every band member , support clubs and everyone else who works so us old fat guys can go watch a season of high school football. Well done by all and good luck Burg ! 🏴‍☠️ 🏆
Great post...at end of day, these are high school kids under high pressure who are going to have off nights with turnovers, penalties, etc. Burg had theirs in Week 1 and Ironton had theirs last night.

But seeing the big 3 programs (Burg, Ironton, Jackson) around here play each other this year was a treat for SE Ohio football fans and I look forward to next couple of years as more talent in pipeline for each program.*

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 pm
123xxx wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:15 pm
SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm Ironton lost to a bad Burg team. How did that happen.
Wheelersburg scored more points. Hope this helps.
Burg is done next week. Good Luck because you are gonna need it.
Atleast we'll be there....... with a chance to prove you wrong. Kick rocks boy.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:15 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:10 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:05 am

I bought 2 arms length of split the pot and was like yeah I definitely wasted my money I wouldn’t hear if I won or not 😂

Also, most places announce split the pot at the half or sometime in the 3rd quarter, not with 3 minutes left in the game. Kind of cuts down on the chance of there being a winner. No winner equals 100 % profit.

That's it!!!! It's a profit deal!!!!! Now I get it!!!
Well that’s what the girls were telling me they are supposed to do it 3rd quarter and I bought them midway through halftime and was like are they even going to get my tickets up by the time they pick one because I know they usually call them in the 3rd like you said

I bet the person that won it was happy they sold tickets up to last minute lol. , yes their was a winner I was sitting in the box seats and seen them come collect it , I kept hearing them say they was calling end or 3rd qtr but honestly I didn't even knotice when the did call it ,probably because I didn't have a ticket.

I guess if the pa system was the only down fall I would consider it a success, I hear that at plenty of places....now you put about 6 000 people in other places the factor in a game last night ,the throw in the gawd awful milk jugs with rocks 1 minion cowbell then all the awsome fans screaming at one time?

Maybe all of our pa systems are what we think on a normal Friday Saturday night?

But the most important thing ,did you see an awsome high school football game?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 pm
123xxx wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:15 pm
SEO95 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm Ironton lost to a bad Burg team. How did that happen.
Wheelersburg scored more points. Hope this helps.
Burg is done next week. Good Luck because you are gonna need it.
They heard a lot of that last week and this week and yet look who starts basketball now. This team will not go down easily.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Pendleton is 41-9
3 OVC Championships
2 Regional Championships
2 State Runner Ups
11-4 in the playoffs

These are great for a career let alone within the first four years of a coaching career. I understand about questioning some play calling here and there but to question those numbers is just plain lunacy. Pendleton hasn’t even been there for a full five years and people are already upset. Any other school district in the state of Ohio would be satisfied with this result in such a short period.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:09 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:48 am Like someone said before , sometimes when you play good teams , you may lose a football game. It’s ok, the sun came up this morning. Everyone but the state champions will end the season in a loss, and when it’s over it stings. Come January teams will start working out and getting for next year . I personally appreciate every student athlete, every coaching staff, every band member , support clubs and everyone else who works so us old fat guys can go watch a season of high school football. Well done by all and good luck Burg ! 🏴‍☠️ 🏆
Great post...at end of day, these are high school kids under high pressure who are going to have off nights with turnovers, penalties, etc. Burg had theirs in Week 1 and Ironton had theirs last night.

But seeing the big 3 programs (Burg, Ironton, Jackson) around here play each other this year was a treat for SE Ohio football fans and I look forward to next couple of years as more talent in pipeline for each program.*

I think the Jackson game let Burg players know that they could play with Ironton again. Jackson had Ironton beat and Burg almost beat Jackson. After that game Burg started league play and was so wanting a rematch with Ironton. They won the league, which gave them a huge lift and they went into the playoffs with a little swagger. They beat West in a great gut check game. They rose up and won that game. They went to Ridgewood and pulled out another hard fought victory on the road after a 3 hour bus ride. They knew last night was going to be a battle and when they got done 14-3 I think Ironton players got to thinking this is going to be cake walk again and Burg rose up to the challenge again. Burg converted two 4th down conversions on that game winning drive against the best defense in SEO.

I think Burg gained more confidence the longer this game stayed close and pulled it out in the end. How many defenses have held an Ironton team scoreless over the last three quarters of the game? Everyone can talk all they want about 7 getting the ball more but he is a young kid and he took an absolute pounding in the second half. He never got close to breaking a long run again and your body will wear down after being hit the way he was hit last night. Yeah, he had 132 yards rushing but 50 of those came on 1 run. He averaged 4.4 YPC on the other 18 runs. 4.4 tough yards per carry.

Hopefully Burg can get back up for Harvest Prep. People already talking Burg will get killed and that Ironton was the better team to play them. They might have been but Burg was the one team Ironton didn't want to see again in the playoffs.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:29 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:10 am

Also, most places announce split the pot at the half or sometime in the 3rd quarter, not with 3 minutes left in the game. Kind of cuts down on the chance of there being a winner. No winner equals 100 % profit.

That's it!!!! It's a profit deal!!!!! Now I get it!!!
Well that’s what the girls were telling me they are supposed to do it 3rd quarter and I bought them midway through halftime and was like are they even going to get my tickets up by the time they pick one because I know they usually call them in the 3rd like you said

I bet the person that won it was happy they sold tickets up to last minute lol. , yes their was a winner I was sitting in the box seats and seen them come collect it , I kept hearing them say they was calling end or 3rd qtr but honestly I didn't even knotice when the did call it ,probably because I didn't have a ticket.

I guess if the pa system was the only down fall I would consider it a success, I hear that at plenty of places....now you put about 6 000 people in other places the factor in a game last night ,the throw in the gawd awful milk jugs with rocks 1 minion cowbell then all the awsome fans screaming at one time?

Maybe all of our pa systems are what we think on a normal Friday Saturday night?

We are Portsmouth fans so the PA system is perfect for our Friday night crowds lol

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

It’s been a pleasure watching Ironton football this season. good luck to wburg next week they will need it

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:50 am

We are Portsmouth fans so the PA system is perfect for our Friday night crowds lol

The site was awesome but the speaker on the visitors side just sounded like it need turned up. There were times it was really quiet and you could barely hear him.

Trust me, Burg loves the Coliseum. They have never lost there. Lol
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:57 am It’s been a pleasure watching Ironton football this season. good luck to wburg next week they will need it

You know what, HP is gonna need a little luck as well. Burg just knocked of the 1 seed in a team that was back to back state runner-ups. HP lost this very game last year to Ironton and they are going to see how another team from SEO plays the game.

Remember this. Every Burg player, when they walk out on to that field next Saturday believe they are going to win that game on that night. This game is no different. In practice all week coaches will pound it in them that they are there to win, not just show and give HP a good game.

A little luck always helps but a lot of confidence and swagger goes a lot longer.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

In hindsight, Portsmouth should have passed the hat to collect funds to upgrade their PA system. Heck, ole biggdowgg would have gladly walked the stands with the collection plate. At the end of the day who really cares what the announcers says on any given play? A 5000 dollar PA upgrade isn't a good use of funds in today's environment, IMO.

There is something to be said about how you win and build a program. If you want to openly flaunt transfers and recruiting expect the criticism when you get it handed to you. There is no doubt the Pirates stuffed the Tigers offense for 3 solid quarters. Yes, it was both the players making mistakes and piss poor play calling. But, it was equally coaching and playing from the PIrates showing the area how to win in a so called down year in talent.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:50 am

Right lol ,but im just saying put that many people and all that noise in other places its going to be tough there to , plus our place is so big ,they really do need some added "better" speakers all the way around the field.

But...$$$$

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:40 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:52 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:49 pm Congrats to burg. Sloppy game by ironton and Pendleton’s play calling was even worse. I think irontons defense was on the field the entire game. I’m not a fan of either but fun to see a game at Portsmouth week 13 it was packed and a amazing atmosphere
Portsmouth did a solid job hosting this one. Only suggestion I’d have is to turn up the PA system volume. But other than that, great atmosphere tonight.*

Yeah, then we might have been able to hear the split the pot numbers called with THREE MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!

Anyone else get duped into buying one??? My question did the OHSAA allow split the pot to help the host make some money or did the PHS cheerleaders pull a fast one and just sell them? Did anyone hear if there was a winner???

Been to 3 play off games every sold split the pot, portsmouth ad as well as others should know the rules lol

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:22 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:52 pm

Portsmouth did a solid job hosting this one. Only suggestion I’d have is to turn up the PA system volume. But other than that, great atmosphere tonight.*

Yeah, then we might have been able to hear the split the pot numbers called with THREE MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!

Anyone else get duped into buying one??? My question did the OHSAA allow split the pot to help the host make some money or did the PHS cheerleaders pull a fast one and just sell them? Did anyone hear if there was a winner???

Been to 3 play off games every sold split the pot, portsmouth ad as well as others should know the rules lol

The OH$AA must have softened up because in years past split the pot wasn't allowed, which I never understood. It usually only amounts to a little bit of money.

I figured they should know the rules but someone posted here it was for the PA system and the lady I bought them off of said it was for the cheerleaders. Lol

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:10 am In hindsight, Portsmouth should have passed the hat to collect funds to upgrade their PA system. Heck, ole biggdowgg would have gladly walked the stands with the collection plate. At the end of the day who really cares what the announcers says on any given play? A 5000 dollar PA upgrade isn't a good use of funds in today's environment, IMO.

There is something to be said about how you win and build a program. If you want to openly flaunt transfers and recruiting expect the criticism when you get it handed to you. There is no doubt the Pirates stuffed the Tigers offense for 3 solid quarters. Yes, it was both the players making mistakes and piss poor play calling. But, it was equally coaching and playing from the PIrates showing the area how to win in a so called down year in talent.

Exactly, spend big money for one big game maybe every 10 games , put 6,000 people shaking milk jugs and ringing cow bells in these smaller venues around here yiu got same problem.

Yes I would been glad to pass a hat around taking money from the Ironton and burg fans fir me....I mean speaker upgrade, so they could hear us not call the split the pot money and rip them off :mrgreen:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:31 am
biggdowgg wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:22 am

The OH$AA must have softened up because in years past split the pot wasn't allowed, which I never understood. It usually only amounts to a little bit of money.

I figured they should know the rules but someone posted here it was for the PA system and the lady I bought them off of said it was for the cheerleaders. Lol

Hasn't been a rule for a while ,just like before you could not charge to park if yiu didn't charge all year ,now you can do that also ,with OHSSA don't giving a dime for pre-sale tickets schools has to do these things to generate money for different sports

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

The schools should be allowed to do whatever they can to generate revenue….the OHSAA didn’t pay a nickel for any of the venues they utilize but are able to pay their salaries from those ticket sales. That’s just my opinion.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’m glad Portsmouth sold split the pot, sold hot chocolate and charged for parking. They have to make money somehow. If it’s for the football teams or school to help with stuff I’m all for it.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”