2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

14U
S

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by 14U »

vincent_chase wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:24 am
55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:55 am
On a side note, WTH was up with JM standing on the 50 during warmups??? I know it is just common courtesy to not stand on the 50 but its something you just don't do and I think all it did was fire the Burg up more. Also, WTH was up with the JM coach actually grabbing kids and trying to push them behind the JM players. Then when Coach Woodward confronted the JM coach, some words were exchanged and then there coach hugged Coach Woodward??? WTH?????? Pretty punk move of JM's part and I think it bit them in the arse
Johnstown has always put their players on the 49 to stretch this is not uncommon by many teams. It's an unwritten rule for teams to stay on their own side of the 50. When the Wheelersburg players were running out like they probably always run across the 50 they decided to run on the 48 on Johnstown's side of the field. Obviously from what I saw the Jtown coach was saying please stay on your side of the 50 and kids where running into him and a player told us that when he said something to #32 to stay on their side of the 50 he actually said no way. Eventually the younger players had enough respect for the Jtown coach and started running on their side of the field. Coach Carter actually coached your head coach in college. That may be why they met at mid field. Seemed like Burg did not have respect and wanted to intimidate Jtown in my opinion.
Looks like they are on the 50 to me. Not the 49

FA24C053-14C5-4E01-909B-492DE73AE1A0.png
I loved the statement!! Johnstown came out on 50 and burg came out on 50 in front and went thru them half way down but I would have kept going in front of them, lol. Johnstown mark a statement but burg put the !! On it

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Being a old football player and football love that was an old school move and burg did what would have been done back in the day!! Nothing wrong in my mind with both teams showing statements!! Football has got away with that part of the game. I remember west, Portsmouth, burg and ironton all doing something special during tough games!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I’d like to see video of it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 pm Being a old football player and football love that was an old school move and burg did what would have been done back in the day!! Nothing wrong in my mind with both teams showing statements!! Football has got away with that part of the game. I remember west, Portsmouth, burg and ironton all doing something special during tough games!!
I remember in ‘03 at Ptown. They were waiting on us at the 50 and talked sh!t to everyone as we went by. Lol. I won’t mention names. But they know who they are. Lol Tony Lewis wouldn’t let anybody say anything to them. But Jonathan Eaton was PISSED.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:25 pm
14U wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 pm Being a old football player and football love that was an old school move and burg did what would have been done back in the day!! Nothing wrong in my mind with both teams showing statements!! Football has got away with that part of the game. I remember west, Portsmouth, burg and ironton all doing something special during tough games!!
I remember in ‘03 at Ptown. They were waiting on us at the 50 and talked sh!t to everyone as we went by. Lol. I won’t mention names. But they know who they are. Lol Tony Lewis wouldn’t let anybody say anything to them. But Jonathan Eaton was PISSED.
👍🏻👍🏻

I remember watching in late 70’s and playing in mid 80’s u seen this tactic a lot!! Then after game it was like nothing happen .back then nobody really didn’t know anybody like today, with travel ball, people moving, marry from other schools etc!! Back then people stayed where they grew up and only knew players by the newspaper

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Sport Fan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:32 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:55 am
On a side note, WTH was up with JM standing on the 50 during warmups??? I know it is just common courtesy to not stand on the 50 but its something you just don't do and I think all it did was fire the Burg up more. Also, WTH was up with the JM coach actually grabbing kids and trying to push them behind the JM players. Then when Coach Woodward confronted the JM coach, some words were exchanged and then there coach hugged Coach Woodward??? WTH?????? Pretty punk move of JM's part and I think it bit them in the arse
Johnstown has always put their players on the 49 to stretch this is not uncommon by many teams. It's an unwritten rule for teams to stay on their own side of the 50. When the Wheelersburg players were running out like they probably always run across the 50 they decided to run on the 48 on Johnstown's side of the field. Obviously from what I saw the Jtown coach was saying please stay on your side of the 50 and kids where running into him and a player told us that when he said something to #32 to stay on their side of the 50 he actually said no way. Eventually the younger players had enough respect for the Jtown coach and started running on their side of the field. Coach Carter actually coached your head coach in college. That may be why they met at mid field. Seemed like Burg did not have respect and wanted to intimidate Jtown in my opinion.

They were on the 50, it should not have been, their coach was putting his hands on the Burg players and was pushing them with his shoulders , not acceptable at all...... This is on video and will be reported... Unreal
Obviously as a child he didn't learn not to poke a hornets nest. You will get stung! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:
langra wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:42 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:32 am

They were on the 50, it should not have been, their coach was putting his hands on the Burg players and was pushing them with his shoulders , not acceptable at all...... This is on video and will be reported... Unreal
Obviously as a child he didn't learn not to poke a hornets nest. You will get stung! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: 2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Nice article in the Times on the game.

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sp ... with-state

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

Can anyone post the article from the Newark paper please

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

All you have to do is be on the other side of the line some players are obviously back farther than others, but doesn't give burg right to run on the other side of the 50, they don't have to cross at the 50 nor does Johnstown have to stand on the 50, but in this case when two teams plan to be at the 50 at the same time something like this was bound to happen. The coach from Johnstown did not put hands on any player from burg from my view he was standing there trying to redirect traffic and burg players were running into him. You can look at it from a burg vantage point and your opinion, but the jtown coach actually stayed calm and tried to get kids to move to the other side of the 50 in my opinion. There was some fan from burg yelling from the stands which was just another example of disrespect. Johnstown and burg will most likely match up again next year, should be a great game. Can't wait

Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

Does anyone have the Newark article unlocked

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Football fan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 pm Does anyone have the Newark article unlocked
That’s wild. I just opened before I copied the link. Sorry man.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm All you have to do is be on the other side of the line some players are obviously back farther than others, but doesn't give burg right to run on the other side of the 50, they don't have to cross at the 50 nor does Johnstown have to stand on the 50, but in this case when two teams plan to be at the 50 at the same time something like this was bound to happen. The coach from Johnstown did not put hands on any player from burg from my view he was standing there trying to redirect traffic and burg players were running into him. You can look at it from a burg vantage point and your opinion, but the jtown coach actually stayed calm and tried to get kids to move to the other side of the 50 in my opinion. There was some fan from burg yelling from the stands which was just another example of disrespect. Johnstown and burg will most likely match up again next year, should be a great game. Can't wait
STAY OFF THE 50

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm All you have to do is be on the other side of the line some players are obviously back farther than others, but doesn't give burg right to run on the other side of the 50, they don't have to cross at the 50 nor does Johnstown have to stand on the 50, but in this case when two teams plan to be at the 50 at the same time something like this was bound to happen. The coach from Johnstown did not put hands on any player from burg from my view he was standing there trying to redirect traffic and burg players were running into him. You can look at it from a burg vantage point and your opinion, but the jtown coach actually stayed calm and tried to get kids to move to the other side of the 50 in my opinion. There was some fan from burg yelling from the stands which was just another example of disrespect. Johnstown and burg will most likely match up again next year, should be a great game. Can't wait
Wow.. ya got put on blast once already with a blatant lie, now your back spouting again as if what you had to say still had credibility. Go watch basketball and have a great day!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Why did Burg have to run around the whole field before the game
That’s intimidating

We will see you guys next year though
Good luck With Hartley next year

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 pm Why did Burg have to run around the whole field before the game
That’s intimidating

We will see you guys next year though
Good luck With Hartley next year
Finally!!!! Truth from the ladies mouth!! Johnstown definitely was intimidated! So what about Hartley?? We scheduled them didn’t we? Your statement comes off as whiny like usual lol. Johnstown couldn’t handle their own work so you hope someone else can.. if they do so what? Johnstown has zero to do with it lol

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

I for one kind of respect 14svt. He talked smack, as did us Burg fans, but he didn’t go in hiding afterwards. He came back and gave us credit for having a good football team. I myself don’t think the Johnnies are a bad team. They were there for a reason. If anything this doesn’t show me they were a bad team, it shows me just how good the Burg really is. Now let’s get ready to raise the Jolly Roger this Friday! #GoBurg #ReachHigher

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Neutron Man wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 am
#ReachHigher wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 pm OHSAA has released the semifinals pairing.
http://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles/Ar ... t-Pairings
Looks like 17v18 and 19v20
The bracket has been out for 3 weeks. I don’t know why people were wondering who was gonna play who. To the best of my knowledge OHSAA hasn’t thought about changing it
They announced it yesterday. They even put it on Twitter that the pairings have been released!
I must have missed that. I thought it was always 19 vs 20. At least that’s what their bracket has showed for weeks

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

#ReachHigher wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 am I for one kind of respect 14svt. He talked smack, as did us Burg fans, but he didn’t go in hiding afterwards. He came back and gave us credit for having a good football team. I myself don’t think the Johnnies are a bad team. They were there for a reason. If anything this doesn’t show me they were a bad team, it shows me just how good the Burg really is. Now let’s get ready to raise the Jolly Roger this Friday! #GoBurg #ReachHigher

I agree Johnstown was a very good team and a team that I expect Wheelersburg to do battle with again next year. I believe that they are a better than Madison. Unfortunately Johnstown ran into an extremely talent Wheelersburg team, on that could be the best the school has ever seen.

Return to “Football”