Waverly(27) @ (31)West

Abe Froman
S

Re: WK 8 SOC 2: Waverly (5-2) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by Abe Froman »

Short Answer: West Wins
Long Answer: Portsmouth West Wins

I want the showdown in Pirate Town with the 9-0's squaring off.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

So was this the Waverly vs. P.West thread or the Burg is better then Everyone thread?
Can we start over with focus on the WK 8 SOC 2: Waverly (5-2) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)
And just rename this one Burg vs. P.West WK 10

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TIGER#27 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:52 am So was this the Waverly vs. P.West thread or the Burg is better then Everyone thread?
Can we start over with focus on the WK 8 SOC 2: Waverly (5-2) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)
And just rename this one Burg vs. P.West WK 10
Shut er down

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Was looking at West's scores to this point, and was just curious how Fairland was able to stay so close? I know it was week 1, so improvements and changes happen, was just a little surprised it was a 2 point game. What was it about Fairland that gave West fits?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I'll tell what gave West fits vs Fairland was the quick passes to the speedy WR's. Waverly runs similar plays Fairland does trying to exploit the Wolf brothers speed against opponents. If West doesn't pressure Howell or contain the Wolfs, this game's score could start to resemble a girls basketball score.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I knew Fairland ran a similar offense to Waverly, that's why I asked. I didn't get to make it down to the Waverly/Fairland game, so I hadn't seen them in person. Waverly's offensive concept is centered around handing it to Kritzy on the inside zone and bubble screens, when both of these are clicking the Tigers are hard to stop. I would have liked to have seen Waverly take a few more shots down the field last Friday, especially since the run game was not there. I did like the HB screen play they ran in the second half and scored on. If West is able to make the run game non existent, then I hope Waverly adjusts and is able to find a way to get the ball to their athletes.
Last edited by MasterOfNone on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I knew Fairland ran a similar offense to Waverly, that's why I asked. I didn't get to make it down to the Waverly/Fairland game, so I hadn't seen them in person. Waverly's offensive concept is centered around handing it to Kritzy on the inside zone and bubble screens, when both of these are clicking the Tigers are hard to stop. I would have liked to have seen Waverly take a few more shots down the field last Friday, especially since the run game was not there. I did like the HB screen play they ran in the second half and scored on. If West is able to make the run game non existent, then I hope Waverly adjusts and is able to find a way to get the ball to their athletes.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:56 pm
Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:43 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:39 pm

I just watched the minford-west game and changed my mind. This one will be a shoot out but west will control enough time of possession to win but I’ll say 42-35 west but I can easily see waverly winning as well.
What in the Minford game makes you think West can't run the ball effectively?
I didn’t say they couldn’t run effectively. If you study the posts, you will see that I said they would. I changed my post because waverly is pretty good passing the ball. I didn’t think west pass coverage was that good
Then how did west win 50-6 in the minford game. With running a 5 man out.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:02 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:50 pm I'll be taking this one in! I have seen west in 3 games on film. I think waverly will move the ball well. However, west should win this one by a couple scores
West looks more beatable on film. 🤣
The only reason burg looks so good is because they run up the score west puts in there JV almost every time there up in the 4th quarter.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jolly(senator wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:49 am
Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:43 pm

What in the Minford game makes you think West can't run the ball effectively?
I didn’t say they couldn’t run effectively. If you study the posts, you will see that I said they would. I changed my post because waverly is pretty good passing the ball. I didn’t think west pass coverage was that good
Easy, because Minford cant pass but I wasn't looking at that, I was looking at technique. They play soft coverage which may be they aren't comfortable playing man. I believe they will have to play man against Waverly but if they don't Waverly will torch them in the air. Waverly QB is really good.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jolly(senator wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:54 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:50 pm I'll be taking this one in! I have seen west in 3 games on film. I think waverly will move the ball well. However, west should win this one by a couple scores
The only reason burg looks so good is because they run up the score west puts in there JV almost every time there up in the 4th quarter.
The most unknowledgeable response as of date. Actually Burg JV goes in the third quarter.

rollside1
Waterboy

Post by rollside1 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 am

Easy, because Minford cant pass but I wasn't looking at that, I was looking at technique. They play soft coverage which may be they aren't comfortable playing man. I believe they will have to play man against Waverly but if they don't Waverly will torch them in the air. Waverly QB is really good.
The QB is gonna be under pressure all night long with how weak the O-line is for waverly, west has one of the strongest and decently quick front 4. They are gonna beat them down on both sides of the ball, they'll be lucky to finish the game

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

rollside1 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:01 pm
The QB is gonna be under pressure all night long with how weak the O-line is for waverly, west has one of the strongest and decently quick front 4. They are gonna beat them down on both sides of the ball, they'll be lucky to finish the game
I'm going to have to agree with rollside1 100% Waverly doesn't stand a chance with there weak O-line the are undersized and slow they'll get pushed around all game. West can stand there own in this game it should easily be a 4 score game with west on top.

rollside1
Waterboy

Post by rollside1 »

Jolly(senator wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:06 pm

I'm going to have to agree with rollside1 100% Waverly doesn't stand a chance with there weak O-line the are undersized and slow they'll get pushed around all game. West can stand there own in this game it should easily be a 4 score game with west on top.
Waverly might be in the run for weakest O-line in the SOC. Right along with Minford

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

:arrow:
Last edited by wobycat on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West plays man when they have to. They mix it up.

West's defensive line is really good. They get pressure without blitzing. When West does blitz a linebacker they usually get there.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:27 pm Waverly runs a RPO, the QB may have it in his hands for a second before he lets it go. Burg didn't hardly touch him and burgs d line are good. West will have to play man and still control the box. If they play pass defense like they did against Minford they will get torched. Waverly is a good offensive team but couldn't stop the run if they knew where it was going.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

rollside1 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Waverly might be in the run for weakest O-line in the SOC. Right along with Minford
How many times and when have you watched Waverly play to think that they have a weak line? Let alone weakest in the SOC. That's a bold statement.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jolly(senator wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:54 am
Such a troll. I am flattered that you think so highly of me to copy my name. Thanks bub. But if you want to be like me, you need to get a few grammar courses under your belt. Learn the difference between their, there and they’re, to and too.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

If I were you, I would have made my name Jolly (Sin)ator. Word play is so fun.

Return to “Football”