Wheelersburg 35 Columbus Academy 16 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Playoffs Round 2 DV R19 #5 Columbus Academy @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

a_c_m wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:11 am Wheelersburg and Columbus Academy will be at Chillicothe.
Excellent facility

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

That sux
I was wanting South Shore.........LOL

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

See Ya @ The Dock @ Water

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Heard academy doesn’t bring many fans at all. Average of maybe 40 people. What the heck? There is 59 kids on the team. You would think all of the parents would come at least.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:40 pm Heard academy doesn’t bring many fans at all. Average of maybe 40 people. What the heck? There is 59 kids on the team. You would think all of the parents would come at least.
I have never seen them bring many fans.
I am guessing the well to do parents have better things to do, that does not involve supporting their kids. :oops:

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Columbus Academy is a really Rich High School
Les Wexner kids goes there that owns Abercrombie and Limited
Here is what it cost a year to go

Upper School
Grade 9: $24,700
Grade 10: $25,600
Grade 11: $26,300
Grade 12: $26,550

Chillifan123
Waterboy

Post by Chillifan123 »

For any of you Burg fans wanting to find a good place to grab a bite to eat in Chillicothe, go to the Dock At Water! Definitely would recommend! other popular attractions before games that are less than 5 minutes away from the field are Old Canal Smoke House and Carl's Townhouse!! Looking forward to seeing you guys fill up our stadium and seeing a good football game in a great atmosphere.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Hell yeah Chillicothe is a great draw. Can’t wait!

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Heard parking situation at Chillicothe is very bad. If you can't park in the parking lot, parking on the streets runs a strong risk of getting your car broke in to.

Great playoff site OHSAA!

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Neutron Man wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:17 pm Heard parking situation at Chillicothe is very bad. If you can't park in the parking lot, parking on the streets runs a strong risk of getting your car broke in to.

Honestly, I don't think Chillicothe is that rough a town. But then again, I paid to park there a few years ago when Burg played Hartley, so I can't say for certain.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

piratepride86 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:38 am See Ya @ The Dock @ Water
try the Pour House. New one downtown a block from The Dock. Very cool atmosphere.

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:40 pm Chillicothe isn’t that bad. No worse than Portsmouth. Pay to park in the parking lot. Then the school is liable for your vehicle. I really enjoy games at Chillicothe and look forward to a good game Friday.
Lol that is wrong. The school will not pay for anything. We paid to park in the lot, less than 30 yards from the fence around stadium. Windows busted out and several things stolen. Not 1 cent was paid for by the school. Where you get your info is beyond me.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Neutron Man wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:17 pm Heard parking situation at Chillicothe is very bad. If you can't park in the parking lot, parking on the streets runs a strong risk of getting your car broke in to.

I live right across the street. Not a bad area at all. I would worry more about not knowing the area and parking a little bit of a hike to the stadium.

Parking recommendations: 1. In the new 150 car or so parking lot. 2. On Arch/Stacey street right by the new parking lot. 3. Allen Ave in front of Worthington Elementary. 4. Ringwald st behind visitors stands (by the new construction of the 3-6grade building.

I want to know what everyone that has not seen our facilities think. We are still under heavy construction so keep that in mind. The new elementary being built will add additional closer parking that I think will make it even that much nicer for playoff games. I was t Jackson for our week 10 game...it is not Jackson. However, I think it is a very nice place for friday nights! Enjoy!

I will be making the walk over Friday. I have not seen either team this year. Excited for Friday night lights playoff edtion foots from my doorstep.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

24sevenfootball wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:58 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:40 pm Chillicothe isn’t that bad. No worse than Portsmouth. Pay to park in the parking lot. Then the school is liable for your vehicle. I really enjoy games at Chillicothe and look forward to a good game Friday.
Lol that is wrong. The school will not pay for anything. We paid to park in the lot, less than 30 yards from the fence around stadium. Windows busted out and several things stolen. Not 1 cent was paid for by the school. Where you get your info is beyond me.
After more in depth research, you are correct. Only time they would be liable is if they parked your car and held your keys. Like a valet service. My bad. Either way, I have been to a few games at Chillicothe and have had zero problems.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chillifan123 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:37 pm For any of you Burg fans wanting to find a good place to grab a bite to eat in Chillicothe, go to the Dock At Water! Definitely would recommend! other popular attractions before games that are less than 5 minutes away from the field are Old Canal Smoke House and Carl's Townhouse!! Looking forward to seeing you guys fill up our stadium and seeing a good football game in a great atmosphere.
Only problem with Carl's is getting there in time! It is my favorite place in Chillicothe, just closes around 5:30 or 6.

The Pour House off of 2nd Street is also very nice. R Kitchen, The Green Tree, and Stone Fire Pizza are quality home town eats a few minutes from the stadium as well.

Excited to get my first look at the Pirates!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Who cares about parking and eating? Anyone got an idea how the game will go? I’m going with another running clock

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I have notice with academy that they either throw a bomb or a swing pass.. they don’t really throw 10 yard outs. I feel like this will hurt them against the pirates. Burg has good speed on the edges so it will make the swing passes almost impossible. Burg also covers the deep ball well. It’s the mid to short passing game that they leave open. The bend but don’t break defensive secondary. If academy can hit that area they can have success. Otherwise I think burg rolls. 28 or 35-7.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Once again, I do not think this game will be close. Burg rolls.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:41 am I have notice with academy that they either throw a bomb or a swing pass.. they don’t really throw 10 yard outs. I feel like this will hurt them against the pirates. Burg has good speed on the edges so it will make the swing passes almost impossible. Burg also covers the deep ball well. It’s the mid to short passing game that they leave open. The bend but don’t break defensive secondary. If academy can hit that area they can have success. Otherwise I think burg rolls. 28 or 35-7.
If their qb can throw a nice deep ball that might be there. The burgs D-backs have let opponents behind them all year, they were just lucky that most of those resulted in a poor throw by the qb.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:41 am I have notice with academy that they either throw a bomb or a swing pass.. they don’t really throw 10 yard outs. I feel like this will hurt them against the pirates. Burg has good speed on the edges so it will make the swing passes almost impossible. Burg also covers the deep ball well. It’s the mid to short passing game that they leave open. The bend but don’t break defensive secondary. If academy can hit that area they can have success. Otherwise I think burg rolls. 28 or 35-7.
I agree. The swing pass is trouble. I have seen a few intermediate passes but they usually come when the deep route is covered. The qb will check down sometimes. He does force the deep ball though.

Return to “Football”