Wheelersburg 52 Portsmouth West 7 Round 1 Region 20 2018

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: Region 20 #8 Portsmouth West @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:18 am Quit the bickering and check this out.
https://twitter.com/mcflysince86/status ... 25538?s=21
😂😂
Nice

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Is Burg a great academic school? Yes

Is Burg a great athletic school? Yes

Do Burg students have unbelievable community support? Yes

Does Burg have open enrollment kids who have been there since kindergarten? Yes

Does Burg have athletes who have transferred in during Jr. High or after? Yes, but a small percentage with not all of them being “starters” in their respective sports.

Does Burg have students(who do not play sports) who have transferred in during Jr. High or after? Yes

These six facts are all public knowledge and cannot be disputed. So is the fact that EVERY school around here has athletes/non athletes who are open enrollment transfers, move-in transfers, and open enrollments who attended said school since kindergarten. It is what it is so move on.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:18 am Is Burg a great academic school? Yes

Does Burg have athletes who have transferred in during Jr. High or after? Yes, but a small percentage with not all of them being “starters” in their respective sports.

Does Burg have students(who do not play sports) who have transferred in during Jr. High or after? Yes

These six facts are all public knowledge and cannot be disputed. So is the fact that EVERY school around here has athletes/non athletes who are open enrollment transfers, move-in transfers, and open enrollments who attended said school since kindergarten. It is what it is so move on.

Well said

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:56 am
Cato wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:52 am
There were 78 players on last year's football roster. 30 was the CB number. If all those players had went to Wheelersburg since before 7th grade, then 38% of the roster (30÷78=38.46%) lived out of district. Wheelersburg closer to a private school than they are a public school.
Your math is f@$%#d up. If the CB # is 30. That means 15 kids live out of district. Not 30. So..... (15/78=19.23%) when you start an argument, know your sh¡t. Don’t come on here throwing false figures around.
No my math is very much correct. If all kids started at Wheelersburg before 7th grade like you guys argue, all those kids would be a +1 on Competitive Balance. So there would have been 30 kids on last year's football team that didn't live in the Wheelersburg district.

To the other guy, I never said they moved after elementary school. In fact I said the opposite. Reading Comprehension must not be apart of this great Wheelersburg School System?

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Cato wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:33 pm
There were 78 players on last year's football roster. 30 was the CB number. If all those players had went to Wheelersburg since before 7th grade, then 38% of the roster (30÷78=38.46%) lived out of district. Wheelersburg closer to a private school than they are a public school.
Your math is f@$%#d up. If the CB # is 30. That means 15 kids live out of district. Not 30. So..... (15/78=19.23%) when you start an argument, know your sh¡t. Don’t come on here throwing false figures around.
No my math is very much correct. If all kids started at Wheelersburg before 7th grade like you guys argue, all those kids would be a +1 on Competitive Balance. So there would have been 30 kids on last year's football team that didn't live in the Wheelersburg district.

To the other guy, I never said they moved after elementary school. In fact I said the opposite. Reading Comprehension must not be apart of this great Wheelersburg School System?

All but I believe 2-3 kids on last year's state team have attended or did attend Wheelersburg since they were in Elementary.
Last edited by bleed_blue on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

The vast majority of our CB number is kids who live outside our district but have went to school here since kindergarten. land is scarce in district and very expensive in district. so many families have bought land in Green or South Webster districts either for availability reasons or financial ones. Taxes in burg are 3x higher than green and 2x higher than Webster. That's why you see farms on 522 and 140 being turned into subdivisions. Very few come in late for sports but it does happen. Just not at the scale that people think. A lot of the open enrollment kids parents are from Burg but moved out to these subdivisions cause they couldn't find a house they wanted or just wanted some land.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

are any of the kids on either team transfers from one another in this matchup? such as west kids on burg or burg kids on west??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Very nice. Thanks for the link Jolly.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:18 am Is Burg a great academic school? Yes

Couldn’t have said it better myself

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Any interest from anyone in discussing the game or just the same tired argument from other schools?

What's Wests game plan for this week? "Burg Recruits"
Do you think West has a shot? "Burg Recruits"
Will West score any points this week? "Burg Recruits"
How's the weather going to be Saturday? "Burg Recruits"
Where you eating after the game? "Uh...Burg Recruits"

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

I think West still has to try and establish the run. They can not get in a shoot out with Burg. I could see them using other formations to run out of.
Wheelersburg will try to utilize their many weapons in different ways. Prob less running from Burg if no rain. I talked to a Burg football player yesterday evening and he seemed very focused and excited to start the second season. He said team was ready and they spent time tweaking their mistakes from Friday night earlier that day.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Thank God you are not part of this Great Wheelersburg Community System!!!

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Interasting. Yes, i suspectd this. So thay had 30 recruets last year?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burg will take care of business Saturday and move on. Nothing more, nothing less. The staff and kids are in playoff mode now, doesn't matter how much you win by now, just as long as you win.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

packers80 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm Burg will take care of business Saturday and move on. Nothing more, nothing less. The staff and kids are in playoff mode now, doesn't matter how much you win by now, just as long as you win.
Survive and advance. They won’t be looking ahead or behind, and not worried who’s with them or against them. The play for each other, one down, one yard, one TD one win at a time #PowerOfOne

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Thank God you are not part of this Great Wheelersburg Community System!!!
We’re all part of the all mighty Wheelersburg county all star team community.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

I never knew we had a competitive advantage?
Is this a real thing? When did they start doing this? Does it only apply to us?

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

New topic.

How much do you think the new(ish) facilities at Wheelersburg have to do with kids wanting to play there? I remember seeing West win by four scores at the Ed right before the remodel in 2011 (pretty sure the last game played on grass there), and there was no discussion of recruiting then.

I think Wheelersburg has the best facility in the area, hands down, and that is the biggest advantage they have on every other school.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Hylander wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:51 pm New topic.

How much do you think the new(ish) facilities at Wheelersburg have to do with kids wanting to play there? I remember seeing West win by four scores at the Ed right before the remodel in 2011 (pretty sure the last game played on grass there), and there was no discussion of recruiting then.

I think Wheelersburg has the best facility in the area, hands down, and that is the biggest advantage they have on every other school.
Close but second best Jackson would be the crown jewel of SEOPS. Ed is very nice and a close second.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

That video was pretty sweet! But I have to ask, where is skyrocket media? They dropped fantastic videos week in and week out last year. We need a call to arms for skyrocket media lol missing touch to this season so far.

Return to “Football”