Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by bleed_blue »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:50 am
4thgoal wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 am Heard that Burg will be the visiting team on the scoreboard and will wear visitors jerseys, but will sit on the home side. Much better decision.
Heard the same. Trying to get confirmation
That would be the ideal situation

14U
S

Post by 14U »

4thgoal wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 am Heard that Burg will be the visiting team on the scoreboard and will wear visitors jerseys, but will sit on the home side. Much better decision.
If this is true it’s the best decision because not being 2 hrs away again u will have a lot of local schools coming to watch because of being closer and just getting to watch a State Semi game! All 9500 seats will be filled.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

PirateBB wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:07 am
JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:01 am I’m very relaxed, just excited... I guess according to you all excited to lose, if we lose then like always we will be back to try again, he’ll it took you guys 19yrs to win your second state title.
Pride, we are all excited for this game to happen. There will be crazy banter from both sides this week, and nothing matters until the teams play the game on the field. These teams are the 2 best teams remaining in the state as Burg finished #3, Johnstown finished #4, and both #1 and #2 have lost. I feel that Burg will win based on how they are playing right now but everyone will have opinions this week and many will be outlandish LOL. Love HS Football!!!
I’m good, I’m just bantering like everyone else,

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:45 am
JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:32 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:55 am Burg will pick Johnstown apart.. 38-7
Wow, awful cocky my friend, pick us apart? Like your confidence, but I like our teams better
Not cocky at all man. Just confident. If it doesn’t happen they way I think it will I will be the first to eat my crow. Johnstown don’t have the speed to contain burg. Also they don’t have the line to pressure Salyers.. if burg doesn’t win by 30 I will honestly be surprised.
Have you seen Jtown play? If not then you can’t say what we have or don’t, can’t assume, I’m sure Burg is big fast and will definitely give us a challenge for sure, but I’m just telling you guys this team is no where near last years, D very fast. I not seen Burg play just what I heard so far, all I can give opinion on is my team cause I seen them play. It will be fun see all this play out

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I'm going to caution you all to throttle down on the cursing and also recommend that while bantering and arguing is fine, personal attacks and etc will not fly. Lets not make it a state semifinal week with no thread to discuss it on.

That said.....Burg is the defending champion, and SHOULD be confident and act like such, there is nothing wrong with that. When you're good....you're good.

Burg 34
Johnstown 24

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:28 am I hate to tell 14svt that there’s no way Wheelersburg is 52 minutes from Jackson.

40 minutes tops.

And if you know the short cut through Webster you can be there in 30 to 35 minutes. :lol:

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:42 am Oh my Burg fans, you guys bitched last week about the drive and now we completely get screwed and didn’t even get a reach around or a kiss, but that’s all right, we will travel and it will be just fine, us Jtown fans will deal with it. Now you got your way your still not happy, complaining now about your visitors and the visiting seats and blah blah..... Cmon give me a a break... Sounds to me like a few of you Burg fans got a real bad case of the spoiled asses.

They will play you on your home field if it would make you feel better. All fields are the same exact size. These kids are focused and could care less where it's played.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:55 am I’m just gonna go ahead and say it before everyone else says it, so I’m gonna get it out of the way.... Johnstown one dimensional, you can’t go to a state final as run only team. Johnstown can’t defend the pass, Johnstown don’t have any Quility players, Johnstown mascot is called a Johnnie, wait what... what’s a johnnie?? A toilet, they got a ports Jon as a mascot?? Done we got all that out of the way.

I’m not sure if we will win this game or not but I can guarantee you two things, the game last year won’t be know where close to what the game will be Saturday, and don’t underestimate our D. This team way different than last years
What is a quility player?

And I agree, it won't be nowhere (not know where) close to last years. It will be worse. :lol:

Stay in school!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

That’s Bullshit

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:35 am
packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 am
JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:42 am Oh my Burg fans, you guys bitched last week about the drive and now we completely get screwed and didn’t even get a reach around or a kiss, but that’s all right, we will travel and it will be just fine, us Jtown fans will deal with it. Now you got your way your still not happy, complaining now about your visitors and the visiting seats and blah blah..... Cmon give me a a break... Sounds to me like a few of you Burg fans got a real bad case of the spoiled asses.
Burg fans are spoiled, 33 playoff appearances will do that to a fan base.
Yea, seem very proud about.. being spoiled, with that type of history you should try something with more class instead of spoiled.... like HUMBLE!!!!
They will be very humble kicking your ass again and then be very classy shaking your hand as you walk off the field with your tail between your legs, again.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:42 pm
That’s Bullshit
Somebody done got triggered!*

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:01 am I’m very relaxed, just excited... I guess according to you all excited to lose, if we lose then like always we will be back to try again, he’ll it took you guys 19yrs to win your second state title.

How many state titles in football do you guys have? Just curious.

Also, hope your not still in school because your math skills are horrible. 1989 to 2017 is 28 years. May only take one to win the next one. Just sayin'.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Saturday game?

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Wheelersburgs Superintendent is on the OHSAA Board. They are catered to

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Did I not JUST SAY to watch the language?

Last time I'm mentioning it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I guess the question is, has Burg lost enough and Johnnies gained enough to close a 34-7 gap from last year?? I said going into Madison game the burg coaching staff is some if the best at adjusting given a year and playing same team again is a major plus factor for burg. Johnnies are run run run, well so was Madison and that will help Burg going into this game as Johnnies are 1 dimensional and play great defense it seems like this year. Well burg just played this same style, I'll take Burg 31-17

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:45 am
JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:32 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:55 am Burg will pick Johnstown apart.. 38-7
Wow, awful cocky my friend, pick us apart? Like your confidence, but I like our teams better
Not cocky at all man. Just confident. If it doesn’t happen they way I think it will I will be the first to eat my crow. Johnstown don’t have the speed to contain burg. Also they don’t have the line to pressure Salyers.. if burg doesn’t win by 30 I will honestly be surprised.
I guess you haven’t see our Defense Salyers won’t have time to think with the ball
I see 3 or 4 sacks

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:57 pm I guess the question is, has Burg lost enough and Johnnies gained enough to close a 34-7 gap from last year?? I said going into Madison game the burg coaching staff is some if the best at adjusting given a year and playing same team again is a major plus factor for burg. Johnnies are run run run, well so was Madison and that will help Burg going into this game as Johnnies are 1 dimensional and play great defense it seems like this year. Well burg just played this same style, I'll take Burg 31-17
Ask Meadowbrook
We’re we one dimensional last night ?

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Wheelersburg Schedule is not that great
Only good oppenent and They got there butts handed to them by 30 points to a mediocre Hartley team that got beat in the playoffs
You said your better now What about all these penalties you have gotten each game
Sounds like no discipline in the coaching
better team then last year Really can’t tell
But if I had a 6-6 receiver that I threw it up to every he would better catch
Jtown has got something for him this year

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Looking forward to this matchup. I'm really excited for the southern ohio area to get a state semifinal game, i never thought I'd see the day that this would happen! I think this will be a closer game than most people think....I'm going with the Pirates 28-7.

Return to “Football”