Gallia Academy(8) @ (14)Meigs

Stone Cold
JV Team

Re: Gallia Academy(8) @ (14)Meigs

Post by Stone Cold »

superblue wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:23 pm Maybe confusion was not the correct word to use, but when a team scores 2 tds on basically running the same play over and over, something needs to change... I didn't intend to point a finger at our defensive backfield and blame them. I am not a big fan of the prevent defense. It usually prevents you from winning, just ask a browns fan about that...lol here is my take on there winning drive, yes the qb is a sophomore with limited experience, once they crossed the 50 I would have thought our coaches would have started blitzing some people and trying to rattle the young man's cage. Then they drove inside the twenty, with no t.o. we have 2 time outs left, why not call one? What are we saving them for? Get the players a little break and come up with something different? Overall we looked like a much improved team from last year, a wise coach once told me the biggest improvements come between week one and week two. .. just continue your hard work and the victories will come..... at the end of the year I still believe we will look back and wonder how we lost this game... time to move on....
If I were you instead of criticizing coaching I would just be happy that it was a competitive game and not a blowout.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

superblue wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:23 pm Maybe confusion was not the correct word to use, but when a team scores 2 tds on basically running the same play over and over, something needs to change... I didn't intend to point a finger at our defensive backfield and blame them. I am not a big fan of the prevent defense. It usually prevents you from winning, just ask a browns fan about that...lol here is my take on there winning drive, yes the qb is a sophomore with limited experience, once they crossed the 50 I would have thought our coaches would have started blitzing some people and trying to rattle the young man's cage. Then they drove inside the twenty, with no t.o. we have 2 time outs left, why not call one? What are we saving them for? Get the players a little break and come up with something different? Overall we looked like a much improved team from last year, a wise coach once told me the biggest improvements come between week one and week two. .. just continue your hard work and the victories will come..... at the end of the year I still believe we will look back and wonder how we lost this game... time to move on....
Or maybe Meigs just beat them. They made the plays. You can always look back and think about what was called and how a different call might have played out, but in the end, you do what makes sense to you as a staff and roll with it.The Blue Devils are very fortunate to have an excellent coaching staff. They put their kids in a position to win. That is what they are supposed to do and they did it well.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Looks like a couple people need to put there big boy pants on....... yes we were in a position to win at the end, but letting a team drive 85 yards and having 2 time outs and not using them is NOT putting your team in the best position to win.....sorry to upset anyone, instead of going after me try defending not using a time out or two at the end, and good luck with that option...lol....

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

superblue wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:23 am Looks like a couple people need to put there big boy pants on....... yes we were in a position to win at the end, but letting a team drive 85 yards and having 2 time outs and not using them is NOT putting your team in the best position to win.....sorry to upset anyone, instead of going after me try defending not using a time out or two at the end, and good luck with that option...lol....
Call timeout and let the freshman quarterback gather himself and talk with his coach and get the next two plays lined up? I think Making the freshman quarterback stand in there and beat you isn't that bad of an option. But hey, im sure you know way more than me or coach penrod.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Gallia has been an armpit compared to what it used to be. You guys have a coach who is capable of turning your program around and instead of getting behind him and the boys, y'all wanna argue about a very close week one loss.
It's a wonder anyone wants to coach at Gallia Academy.
It's week 2 for Pete's sake, move on!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Gallia didn't have this coach they would not have been in last weeks game.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:09 pm Gallia has been an armpit compared to what it used to be. You guys have a coach who is capable of turning your program around and instead of getting behind him and the boys, y'all wanna argue about a very close week one loss.
It's a wonder anyone wants to coach at Gallia Academy.
It's week 2 for Pete's sake, move on!
Amen

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I am so sorry and deeply regret any negative comments I have directed at our great coaching staff. I thought this was a football forum where the game could be discussed. I guess I was wrong... It's great to know that the cheerleaders from the tvc and logan are so interested in our armpit of a football program... and one last comment about the game, I would like to thank cold stone for making my point, we did everything you wanted and how did that turn out....

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Reality is Gallia Academy posters have never like their coaches - in anything.

Osborne, Saunders, Bokovitz, Eddy, I could go on.

Don't take it personally - I am sure the new head coach knew what he was getting into.

It is fair to criticize the team for not closing.

It's also progress for GAHS to lose to an inferior opponent. That hasn't been possible for a while.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Close the book, on to the River Valley game. Please?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

The only thing is no one from Gallia was really criticizing the coaching staff or I didn't feel until some outsider jumped in on last few posts of this. I thought it was respectful with people seeing both sides. Everyone understood how much better we were because of coach penrod. The discussion really was did players miss play the defense or the defense called wrong. Trust me there is not a person on the Gallia side of this thread that thinks we could take that group of kids and in one summer get the change in attitude and desire that coach penrod has gotten.

And knowing personally super blue and 78 are both huge supporters of any coach that we have. But certainly we are aloud to discuss the last series strategy...

Some of us loved it some wanted it switched up but none of us want a new coach or think that this one can't coach. We know that we got the man that 4 years ago. Should of been all along. How good we will be I do not know and makes little difference to me. Because they are going to learn how to be great adults unde coach Penrod and he will get everything out of them. If you people from outside think we are trashing coach you are wrong. We are just glad to have a team worth talking about. Bet you can't find a Gallia thread in 3 or 4 years that has over 30 posts.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Well said, svac83.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

superblue wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:49 pm I am so sorry and deeply regret any negative comments I have directed at our great coaching staff. I thought this was a football forum where the game could be discussed. I guess I was wrong... It's great to know that the cheerleaders from the tvc and logan are so interested in our armpit of a football program... and one last comment about the game, I would like to thank cold stone for making my point, we did everything you wanted and how did that turn out....
Wow...

Return to “Football”