Wheelersburg 34 Ashland 33

XandO72
JV Team

Re: WK3 Ashland (KY) @ Wheelersburg

Post by XandO72 »

14U wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:37 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 pm
14U wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 pm Injury will come when u play a big physical Ironton team and 4 straight D-III teams. There is nobody in D-V that will play a schedule like this. Burg will play anybody and schedule anybody. It will make Burg better at the end and it will show. Each win gets mega points and pass the schools that play nobody. I believe burg will turn their season around this week with a win. Just think burg could play nobodies for non league games but wants the fun in that? Starters out at half running clock and no computer points. I would rather play their schedule they have and get better, mega points etc!!
Beating a 4-6 team still gets more points than a loss.

If Burg loses this week, they better start pulling for the rest of their schedule to start piling up wins or they may need help at 7-3.
Yep ur right. If u play up don’t play powerhouses lol. It’s hard for burg to find games I was told. If u play Up like the Ky schools or WV like they used to and Ironton, Portsmouth back in the day. If burg can get the next 2 schools they will be ok in the points before SOC starts. There will be points to get in league, waverly, Minford,valley.
Assuming wins for Burg is a reach at this point.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

JeepsWin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:02 pm Wheelersburg did not look strong Friday night. Lots of players injured. Looking at schedule, I wouldn't be surprised with a 5-5 season.
Ashland in 3 weeks has been by far the more sound team. Burg still mistake prone and inexperienced. Now add injury to what looks to be a fairly mediocre team compared to recent standards. Burg is in trouble.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I was told by a big Burg fan today, that the Burg is down 8 guys,
I'm sorry if that's true, Ashland will win by 3 TD's

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:15 pm I was told by a big Burg fan today, that the Burg is down 8 guys,
They were gonna win anyway.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Burg just needs to take it one week at a time. They hopefully can find their identity and determine who they wanna be the rest of the season. I know Burg fans aren't used to this but as I've said before, more than ever keep supporting the team. I make no predictions on their final record. I did in previous posts but I choose not to be negative. GO BURG!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 pm
Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:15 pm I was told by a big Burg fan today, that the Burg is down 8 guys,
I know.

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

JeepsWin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:02 pm Wheelersburg did not look strong Friday night. Lots of players injured. Looking at schedule, I wouldn't be surprised with a 5-5 season.
According to Hartley's coach, wheelersburg was a lot better then what they had planned for. He said hartley had to earn every TD but the first. Their coach believes this is Hartley's best team he's ever coached so this says a lot right there.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:58 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Beating a 4-6 team still gets more points than a loss.

If Burg loses this week, they better start pulling for the rest of their schedule to start piling up wins or they may need help at 7-3.
Yep ur right. If u play up don’t play powerhouses lol. It’s hard for burg to find games I was told. If u play Up like the Ky schools or WV like they used to and Ironton, Portsmouth back in the day. If burg can get the next 2 schools they will be ok in the points before SOC starts. There will be points to get in league, waverly, Minford,valley.
But your fascination with them is not a reach by any stretch of the imagination...I don’t blame you either. They are a fascinating group 😘

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

522Pirate wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:29 pm

But your fascination with them is not a reach by any stretch of the imagination...I don’t blame you either. They are a fascinating group 😘
Per as usual the Burg base is embellishing. Don't misunderstand me making fun of the corny fan base for having any admiration of the program. I don't identify with a lil sister playing catch up. 😂

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

FBfan007 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:00 pm
According to Hartley's coach, wheelersburg was a lot better then what they had planned for. He said hartley had to earn every TD but the first. Their coach believes this is Hartley's best team he's ever coached so this says a lot right there.
All hat. No cattle.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:26 pm
XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 pm
I know.
So does the burg base. 😂

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Per as usual the Burg base is embellishing. Don't misunderstand me making fun of the corny fan base for having any admiration of the program. I don't identify with a lil sister playing catch up. 😂
Not an embellishment at all, friend. Your most commented on thread? Survey says...2019 Wheelersburg Pirates...and as I said earlier, I don’t blame you a bit! This is a fascinating group! I love it 😘

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

522Pirate is trying so hard to flip the script and tell poster and it is a good thing people outside the Burg is still talking about this “Special Group” of Pirates. LMAO!! The truth is “He is the one” that keeps running back to this topic to try and defend his 0-2 Pirates! LMAO!!! So who is really ate up with the underachieving Pirates ..... You!!! LMAO!! You can try to deflect from the internal issues with the Pirates but it doesn’t change anything!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:55 pm 522Pirate is trying so hard to flip the script and tell poster and it is a good thing people outside the Burg is still talking about this “Special Group” of Pirates. LMAO!! The truth is “He is the one” that keeps running back to this topic to try and defend his 0-2 Pirates! LMAO!!! So who is really ate up with the underachieving Pirates ..... You!!! LMAO!! You can try to deflect from the internal issues with the Pirates but it doesn’t change anything!!! 😂😂😂😂😂
Uhhh...duh I’m a Pirate fan! I’m not certain if you’ve read the title to the thread but it’s Ashland @ Wheelersburg. You guys don’t have to admit your fascination with the Pirates...actions speak louder than words my friend. I love it! 😘

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I’m not sure if it’s possible but possibly we could discuss the upcoming game ?

What does Ashland try to do offensively? Run first or Pass First? Good QB?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I know they have two good rb’s but that’s about all I know at this point.

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

From the article I saw in the Ashland Daily Indepe,Ashland had 48 rushes for 269 yards and was 5 for 9 passing with 180 yards against George Washington ( Charleston WV) this past Friday night.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

RollCoal wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:17 pm From the article I saw in the Ashland Daily Indepe,Ashland had 48 rushes for 269 yards and was 5 for 9 passing with 180 yards against George Washington ( Charleston WV) this past Friday night.
522Pirate wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:14 pm I know they have two good rb’s but that’s about all I know at this point.
Thank you. 2 posts in a row that actually pertain to the topic.

Appreciate the info

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Bro, come on. Ironton beat Burg 1 time and you over there thumping your keyboard like it's your chest. If Burg can figure this whole ordeal out, I'd be a little wary of playing them again. I see where you're coming from, a little bit, but darn. I support my Pirates win or lose, just like everyone in Burg and everyone in Ironton does the Tigers. How you gonna play like we are dumb for believing in our kids and coaching staff? You are shallow and whole heartedly delusional. Kick rocks, BOY!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ashland starting RB's

Hester - 60 carries for 483 yards in 3 games - 6 TD's
Pittman 38 carries for 286 yards in 3 games - 6 TD's

QB - Gregg - 21 of 33 Passing for 323 yards in 3 games - No INT's - 3 TD's

Boyd County had 35 carries for 165 yards and was 0-3 Passing

George Washington had 13 Carries for -3 yards and 22-39 Passing for 250 yards

Return to “Football”