Week 14 - Ironton (12-1) vs West Jefferson (12-1)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Week 14 - Ironton (12-1) vs West Jefferson (12-1)

Post by Bleeding Red »

sprinter14 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:12 pm As a former Ironton Tiger and IHS graduate, I'm thrilled to see this game played in my adopted hometown of Chillicothe.

For restaurants - right along Bridge Street we have: Buffalo Wild Wings, Los Mariachis, Tumbleweed, Frisch's Big Boy, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Steak N Shake, Red Lobster, Rooster's, Golden Corral, and many more......

If you want something different - a taste of Chillicothe - try the Sumburger at the north end of Bridge Street, or The Dock on Water Street. There's also the historical diner, Carl's Townhouse. Don't forget the legendary Jerry's Pizza on Paint Street (a little crowded but a Ross County landmark).
You left out my favorite place in Chilli-----Old Canal Smokehouse

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Although I see this as a very winnable game for Ironton, they have had a really bad time cleaning up the turnovers and penalties.

Lets hope this isnt the second game this season those things bit them in the rear end.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 am
sprinter14 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:12 pm As a former Ironton Tiger and IHS graduate, I'm thrilled to see this game played in my adopted hometown of Chillicothe.

For restaurants - right along Bridge Street we have: Buffalo Wild Wings, Los Mariachis, Tumbleweed, Frisch's Big Boy, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Steak N Shake, Red Lobster, Rooster's, Golden Corral, and many more......

If you want something different - a taste of Chillicothe - try the Sumburger at the north end of Bridge Street, or The Dock on Water Street. There's also the historical diner, Carl's Townhouse. Don't forget the legendary Jerry's Pizza on Paint Street (a little crowded but a Ross County landmark).
You left out my favorite place in Chilli-----Old Canal Smokehouse
My favorite also! I've never gotten anything i didn't like. Best Mac and cheese ever!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

gang, I can't wait till Saturday. buckeyes play that team up north at noon. got a ton of ballgames set to record. and then listen to the ironton/west jeff. game while I'm watching one on tv. what a blessing. ========= gang is there anyplace on the internet you can go to, and watch ironton's games throughout the season. I was at the wheelersburg game. but I'd love to see them all again. I wasn't able to make any other game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:55 am Just curious, am i wrong in thinking ridgewood looks better on video than west Jefferson? Or do others agree with this? I know you can't underestimate anyone, and be ready to play on game day, but just wondering what others opinions are on this.
I think you right and ridgewood defense is way better. Seems like west Jefferson relies on the big play alot

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

The quarterback is the coaches son but I don’t think he’s better than the tingle kid there line is about the same as ridgewood there bigger than RW but I don’t think there noticeably better

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:20 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:55 am Just curious, am i wrong in thinking ridgewood looks better on video than west Jefferson? Or do others agree with this? I know you can't underestimate anyone, and be ready to play on game day, but just wondering what others opinions are on this.
I think you right and ridgewood defense is way better. Seems like west Jefferson relies on the big play alot
I agree. The Ridgewood defense is better and the Ironton defense is way to physical and rough for the "Roughriders" in the matchup this week. I'm sticking to my original Ironton by 28 prediction.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I wouldn’t underestimate this team at all. I said the same thing when Portsmouth played ridgewood lol. They don’t look good on film, have not played Anyone and the Trojans got blasted. There a final 4 team for a reason. Ironton has to have a great week of practice. And 44 and 2 looked to move awful slow Saturday. Wonder if they were banged up a little bit. Ironton defense will give them fits. I’ll be there rooting for southern Ohio.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I know that every team does (or at least should) improve as the year goes on but this edition of the Fighting Tigers just continues to amaze as they have gotten better each and every week. They're just something very special! They're so much different than they were even a few weeks ago it would be hard to recognize them if you could have looked ahead back then. They work so hard! I think a lot of their work ethic comes from having a coach who is so totally sold out for the Tigers Yea, he is young and he makes a few mistakes like all coaches do but you can't question his desire to see Ironton being great again.

I think when he decided to come to Ironton he realized what he would get with the Ironton fan base. Our last two games we probably had twice as many people or more in the stadium than the other teams did and our fans were quite loud and quite rowdy! That's the way we like it!!

PS... I would like to remind a half a dozen or so gentleman that everything they do now these days is recorded from every angle! Get my drift
?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

Ironton 31
West Jeff 14
Ironton is on a roll and i don't think west jeff is going to have the formula to stop them.

GOODLUCK to the fighting tigers,I promise some of us burg fans are rooting for you LOL, represent SEO well !!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on their regional championship. They have represented their community and the OVC very well.

Ironton can win this game, but at the Final 4 level, this is when turnovers and penalties will cost you the game. A team may get away with it in the earlier rounds, and IHS has, but mistakes now can end your season.

I know there is a lot positive feelings and predictions on this thread about the football Tigers, but remember that West Jefferson had to win 3 games to get here too. It's sometimes very hard to look at game film on a team and get a true indication of how good they are.....and I think that people will watch film and get a sense of overconfidence.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 am gang, I can't wait till Saturday. buckeyes play that team up north at noon. got a ton of ballgames set to record. and then listen to the ironton/west jeff. game while I'm watching one on tv. what a blessing. ========= gang is there anyplace on the internet you can go to, and watch ironton's games throughout the season. I was at the wheelersburg game. but I'd love to see them all again. I wasn't able to make any other game.

Bait I’m not sure on the Ironton season. But if you are spectrum user they may show this game live on TV.
Last edited by countywide35 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Wow. Tigers still going strong. Best of luck from Blue Devil country!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:34 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 am gang, I can't wait till Saturday. buckeyes play that team up north at noon. got a ton of ballgames set to record. and then listen to the ironton/west jeff. game while I'm watching one on tv. what a blessing. ========= gang is there anyplace on the internet you can go to, and watch ironton's games throughout the season. I was at the wheelersburg game. but I'd love to see them all again. I wasn't able to make any other game.

Bait I’m not sure on the Ironton season. But if you are spectrum user they may show this game live on TV.
Cool. I have Rectum, County. I hope they show it, but I'm not counting on it, Rectum says one thing and does another most of the time. I've had them for awhile now, and that's why I call them Rectum. They can be a pain in the azzzzzz at times.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:15 pm

Cool. I have Rectum, County. I hope they show it, but I'm not counting on it, Rectum says one thing and does another most of the time. I've had them for awhile now, and that's why I call them Rectum. They can be a pain in the azzzzzz at times.
By the way I really like that new facility that Logan built. Looks great and great thing for the community and kids.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

You nailed exactly what I was thinking. I watched all of their game recaps on MaxPreps too!

What I don’t get is the high scoring loss to West Liberty Salem TIGERS in conference play & then the brutal skunking of them in the regional finals by 5 scores.

This newspaper article out of Springfield, reporting for The West Liberty Salem TIGERS helps visualize what happened.

WLS, kicked off first to start game. POOCHED the kick and gave WJ, easy field position & set the emotion the wrong way.
Then, WJ stud running back had long runs for TD’s.

WJ came ready to play and out coached WLS.

Article link will be at end of my post.
WJ QB can light it up when needed & and they have big O line.

Tiger town...
Show up and cheer ”These“ Tigers To victory!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spring ... L/amp.html

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

paulwheeler wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:03 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:15 pm

By the way I really like that new facility that Logan built. Looks great and great thing for the community and kids.
Yep, it's really nice. Better than some small colleges out on 328 with all that they have now. New big school, big stadium, etc, and now the New Chieftain center. I'm glad you like it, Wheeler.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

If Ironton wins this one, which I say their chances are higher than ever, they will not make it past Kirtland in the championship. KIrtland is an unstoppable beast ... However, for this week, 42-17 Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I are. i'll have to double check and see. thanks.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

trojandave wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:31 pm Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on their regional championship. They have represented their community and the OVC very well.

Ironton can win this game, but at the Final 4 level, this is when turnovers and penalties will cost you the game. A team may get away with it in the earlier rounds, and IHS has, but mistakes now can end your season.

I know there is a lot positive feelings and predictions on this thread about the football Tigers, but remember that West Jefferson had to win 3 games to get here too. It's sometimes very hard to look at game film on a team and get a true indication of how good they are.....and I think that people will watch film and get a sense of overconfidence.
excellent post dave. I don't think anybody in tiger town and outside of it that are fans think this will be anything shy of a war. I promise you, they are not overlooking the rough riders. and I'm with you, these turnovers and dumb penalties could very well kick us in the butt, if we don't get it cleaned up. thanks for the well wishes from Trojan land and from burg fans as well. 8-)

Return to “Football”