Chaos In Ohio Football...Season On The Brink

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Chaos In Ohio Football...Season On The Brink

Post by wobycat »

Thanos wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:54 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:31 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:27 am

None of that stuff means anything. Why people believe that this will magically go away with social distancing isn't thinking clearly. There will be flare ups. What are we going to do? Stay in the house forever?
As I have said all along- there is no CURE for a virus. There is no vaccine you can take that guarantees you will not get it. Everyone will get this at some point in time and many have already had it (and dont even know it because the symptoms in many are that minor).

People who are scared, highly susceptible, etc., should stay home. The rest of us have a right to live our lives outside this fabricated bubble of fear that is being spewed at us from people behind their agendas.

"Those who live in fear have already died".

My question to you is this..... If in five years, people find out their hearts were severely damaged due to getting covid ( even if there is no symptoms). Would you be willing to pay extra in your tax dollars for your local school to pay attorney fees and settlement fees five years down the road? The aspect no one is talking about on this forum is SCIENTIFIC METHOD! We do not know anything about this virus, and we are seeing 9th grade science play out in front of our eyes. Most of us will say, " see they do not know what they are talking about" However, this is all based on science, and the sciencfitc method. What you are saying seems rational now.... But what if five kids on your local team get covid, and recover... then five years they find out there heart is all torn up because of Covid??? I will tell ya, that is why the BIG TEN AND PAC 12 closed down shop. WE all want football now... but at what cost... are you willing to pay outrageous taxes down the road because your school has multiple law suits based on covid from the 2020 season in 2026??? I understand the virus isn't a big deal in SEO.... But what if it does go thru small communities like Albany, Gallia, Pomeroy.... Can those communities recover?
How many miles is it to hypothetical village? The big 10 isn’t playing because of money. Perhaps you should stop shaming people based on a something that hasn’t been proved.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Thanos wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:25 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:00 pm
Thanos wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:54 pm

My question to you is this..... If in five years, people find out their hearts were severely damaged due to getting covid ( even if there is no symptoms). Would you be willing to pay extra in your tax dollars for your local school to pay attorney fees and settlement fees five years down the road? The aspect no one is talking about on this forum is SCIENTIFIC METHOD! We do not know anything about this virus, and we are seeing 9th grade science play out in front of our eyes. Most of us will say, " see they do not know what they are talking about" However, this is all based on science, and the sciencfitc method. What you are saying seems rational now.... But what if five kids on your local team get covid, and recover... then five years they find out there heart is all torn up because of Covid??? I will tell ya, that is why the BIG TEN AND PAC 12 closed down shop. WE all want football now... but at what cost... are you willing to pay outrageous taxes down the road because your school has multiple law suits based on covid from the 2020 season in 2026??? I understand the virus isn't a big deal in SEO.... But what if it does go thru small communities like Albany, Gallia, Pomeroy.... Can those communities recover?
If there is long term damage, it's there with or without football big guy.
Absolutely; however, those injuries are singular. If someone gets covid, it could ravish an entire family. There are multiple stories of families that were destroyed from covid. Look I want football just like everyone else Mr. Big Guy, but I also don't want my nephew coming to a family function and giving it to my mother ( His grandmother) or my children.
Now lets address your "Big guy" comment. Why immediately did you take it that route? Was my opinion too different than your opinion that made you go that route. That is the problem with this country, people all of a sudden can't disagree. I WANT THEM TO PLAY! I BELIEVE THEY SHOULD PLAY! But the data does not support high school football. If Ohio football can happen, than the Buckeyes should be playing in the fall. I am not looking for you insults by simply stating my opinion. Do not be that guy, and just communicate. #letthemplay #DONOTBETHATGUY
There is absolutely no proof of a family being ravished by Covid and no data that shows you can’t play football. We’ve not even played one game yet. You can pick up Covid Anywhere

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Thanos wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:46 pm
Thanos wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:42 am I do not think it is that I just believe a certain set of people are trying to plan for the worse, and hoping for the best. Just a crazy time, with fickle leadership. Either way these boys need to play. Most have been putting in the work all their lives for this opportunity. Imagine looking into a senior's eyes that has been waiting his time to play QB for his school, and the time that he does the season is canceled. Thinking about it is nauseating, and quite frankly depressing. I am a firm believer, that if WE would have done what we needed to as a society during the months of April and May this wouldn't be an issue. Then add the protesting, all equals a recipe for disaster and depression. Let's not forget, STURGIS biker rally is going on for two weeks. I predict another surge in the next few weeks due to that rally as well.
None of that stuff means anything. Why people believe that this will magically go away with social distancing isn't thinking clearly. There will be flare ups. What are we going to do? Stay in the house forever?

I say this.... If you deem teachers as essential workers, shouldn't their pay reflect that? We already ask teachers to do so much in schools. counselors, care givers, costodians, mental health experts, behavioral health experts etc, and now most teachers will assess kids during 1st period. When do we say as society teachers ( most are coaches) deserver to be paid better than what they are currently being paid. If teachers are essietnal for the future, than why are WE NOT PAYING THEM AS SUCH? Food for thought. Tough to tell ppl to risk your lives and your families's lives for the salary they get currently.
Get what your saying but you explanation is terrible. People have always thought teachers should be compensated better. Where I take exception is, as an essential worker, you feeling like payment compensation equals putting ones life at risk as you put it. So because one might make more then it's ok?? Which means you're putting a value on life based on compensation. If there's school should be football, just the same as all these parents taking their families on vacation. You can talk 5 years from now, you have no idea, the science has no idea, unless you're off the grid then it's hard for me to take anyone seriously when they talk the risk of this virus. Because once you walk out that door you've chosen to take that risk. Chip Kelly got it saying he went out once, wore a mask, wore gloves and has no idea how he contracted the virus. So making the decision to step out your door you've chosen I'm ok with the risk. Hopefully you do what you can to prevent it but there's no 100% guarantee on anything with the virus. My cousin several years back went on a lunch break, walking on the sidewalk, car gets hit goes out of control and kills him just walking to lunch. Nothing is guaranteed in this life.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:47 pm Football. Now chicken wings?
https://www.wymt.com/2020/08/13/chicken ... -in-china/
Oh no. :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:29 pm
Thanos wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:46 pm

I say this.... If you deem teachers as essential workers, shouldn't their pay reflect that? We already ask teachers to do so much in schools. counselors, care givers, costodians, mental health experts, behavioral health experts etc, and now most teachers will assess kids during 1st period. When do we say as society teachers ( most are coaches) deserver to be paid better than what they are currently being paid. If teachers are essietnal for the future, than why are WE NOT PAYING THEM AS SUCH? Food for thought. Tough to tell ppl to risk your lives and your families's lives for the salary they get currently.
Get what your saying but you explanation is terrible. People have always thought teachers should be compensated better. Where I take exception is, as an essential worker, you feeling like payment compensation equals putting ones life at risk as you put it. So because one might make more then it's ok?? Which means you're putting a value on life based on compensation. If there's school should be football, just the same as all these parents taking their families on vacation. You can talk 5 years from now, you have no idea, the science has no idea, unless you're off the grid then it's hard for me to take anyone seriously when they talk the risk of this virus. Because once you walk out that door you've chosen to take that risk. Chip Kelly got it saying he went out once, wore a mask, wore gloves and has no idea how he contracted the virus. So making the decision to step out your door you've chosen I'm ok with the risk. Hopefully you do what you can to prevent it but there's no 100% guarantee on anything with the virus. My cousin several years back went on a lunch break, walking on the sidewalk, car gets hit goes out of control and kills him just walking to lunch. Nothing is guaranteed in this life.
Or they could just be truthful to the public

https://www.wsaz.com/2020/08/13/sc-woma ... er-had-it/

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

This thing has uprooted our lives top to bottom

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm really hesitant to even post this being that we live in the State of Ohio, not in Michigan. This afternoon the Michigan High School Athletic Association announced that there will be no High School football permitted this fall in the entire state of Michigan. The reason being given was that football is considered a high risk sport for Covid-19. They are going to allow other fall sports such as swimming and volleyball, being they are considered low risk sports. I'm just hopeful that other States won't decide to do the same.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

As soon as schools open, only a matter of time until cases start appearing everywhere. 14 day quarantines and schools back to on line. This October will be a collision of the flu, colds, and COVID-19 rampant, how will anyone distinguish all of them together and not keep everyone safe. But it’s sports or nothing. Good Luck to all. Wear your mask, social distance, wash your hands and people should stay home if they don’t want to wear masks, this is to protect people and being a good citizen to everyone to stop the spread. We all are in this together and science shows that masks help stop the spread.CDC director Releford says October could to worst start yet of cases coming since it started. Another lockdown is predicted if people don’t follow guidelines

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:26 am As soon as schools open, only a matter of time until cases start appearing everywhere. 14 day quarantines and schools back to on line. This October will be a collision of the flu, colds, and COVID-19 rampant, how will anyone distinguish all of them together and not keep everyone safe. But it’s sports or nothing. Good Luck to all. Wear your mask, social distance, wash your hands and people should stay home if they don’t want to wear masks, this is to protect people and being a good citizen to everyone to stop the spread. We all are in this together and science shows that masks help stop the spread.CDC director Releford says October could to worst start yet of cases coming since it started. Another lockdown is predicted if people don’t follow guidelines
Thank you Doc Brown! You’re the only one I know who has a time machine to go into the future to see these things. Say hi to Marty for me.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

That’s funny Cat....,

I think OH is dedicated to at least trying for the season. But once a confirmed case happens.....it’ll be all she wrote....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Could there possibly be live scrimmages next week?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:05 am That’s funny Cat....,

I think OH is dedicated to at least trying for the season. But once a confirmed case happens.....it’ll be all she wrote....
Confirmed case of what? We have already had those.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:06 am
countywide35 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:05 am That’s funny Cat....,

Confirmed case of what? We have already had those.

Well I should have said what a confirm case will cause.....the quartine etc....trust me cat I hope I’m wrong.
Last edited by countywide35 on Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:26 am As soon as schools open, only a matter of time until cases start appearing everywhere. 14 day quarantines and schools back to on line. This October will be a collision of the flu, colds, and COVID-19 rampant, how will anyone distinguish all of them together and not keep everyone safe. But it’s sports or nothing. Good Luck to all. Wear your mask, social distance, wash your hands and people should stay home if they don’t want to wear masks, this is to protect people and being a good citizen to everyone to stop the spread. We all are in this together and science shows that masks help stop the spread.CDC director Releford says October could to worst start yet of cases coming since it started. Another lockdown is predicted if people don’t follow guidelines
Oh repeat, let me help you a bit here and I won't be posting towards you again under this thread, same thing another day but your knowledge is inaccurate. Quarantines are determined by the health department, they take in each factor for each case and decide should you or shouldn't you be quarantined it is not done by the school. So should a student or teacher turn up positive and they weren't within the guidelines the health department deems at risk no quarantine is issued. While I've been wearing my mask and I'm pro mask wearing, it doesn't STOP the spread. It simply lowers your ability to catch the virus, study done on NY said had everyone started wearing a mask in the beginning that the death rate would've been 5% lower which isn't stopping it. Chip Kelly had the virus, says he had gone out one time, wore a mask and gloves and has no idea how he got it. Basically it boils down to mask helping, and even taking all the safety precautions will help but there's nothing that will "stop' the spread of the virus. CDC has no idea when the worst cases time is going to be, we're there now, they're simply saying that because they're banking on an influx coming in from the schools just like vacation season hitting and things opening back up same prediction was made but that's a DUH moment. Any blind man can guess that, I don't need a CDC director to forewarn that one and in terms of another lock down there has been ZERO prediction of that. We're in to deep for that now and it was proven the first one done nothing but help slow down the hospitalizations, this close to elections and this close to a vaccine there's ZERO chance of a lock down occurring. Will you see schools close up for a period of time, probably in some areas, and will you see numbers back down in terms of capacity possibly, there will not be another complete government shutdown on this.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

You would have to think the testing requirements will be relaxed somewhat or all together. Otherwise I don't see how we can have a season.

I would also think DeWine knows where things are headed with the issue of COVID testing. Why would you do the planning and prep if you knew the season wasn't going to happen? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Tuesday.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:26 am This October will be a collision of the flu, colds, and COVID-19 rampant, how will anyone distinguish all of them together and not keep everyone safe.
This might be THE DUMBEST thing I have ever read!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:09 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:51 pm Division 1 Mac just called off sports. Possible huge hit to Ohio since a lot of those colleges are in the state. You are going to cancel college and not high school. I’m a bit worried now
You said a mouthful there. Down here in Fla...the FHSAA is going to decide around the 20th of this month what to do with fall sports. They have 2 or 3 options...none are for cancellation at this time.

As I said in college sports thread...the MAC could be the first domino to fall....rest of conferences might follow.

FHSAA fall sports will be played. If schools do not want to participate, they do not have too. Decided, 8/13/2020.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:09 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:51 pm Division 1 Mac just called off sports. Possible huge hit to Ohio since a lot of those colleges are in the state. You are going to cancel college and not high school. I’m a bit worried now
You said a mouthful there. Down here in Fla...the FHSAA is going to decide around the 20th of this month what to do with fall sports. They have 2 or 3 options...none are for cancellation at this time.

As I said in college sports thread...the MAC could be the first domino to fall....rest of conferences might follow.
FHSAA votes to start practice for all fall sports. Article from Miami Herald.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high ... 54820.html

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:56 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:26 am This October will be a collision of the flu, colds, and COVID-19 rampant, how will anyone distinguish all of them together and not keep everyone safe.
This might be THE DUMBEST thing I have ever read!
I am all for sports this fall 100%....But this person isnt wrong...the symptoms of coved19 are very similar to the flu, and the common cold. How and who will distinguish between them? Every time a child gets sick are they going to be excluded from activities until tested for covid?? This season is going to be very interesting.

Return to “Football”