wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by wobycat »

Paulcrew wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:32 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:47 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:24 pm

Yes, just down the Street 😁
They may find a kicker but the sammons kid is legit. He’s been in a lot of camps and is getting a lot of interest. Not sure where he’s going but I’ve heard Louisville and Akron are on the radar.
I agree the Sammons kid is legit. Great kicker. I say Sammons hits from 47 yards out on the final play of the game... Ironton 35- Burg 3
You’re going to be surprised on how burg is and they don’t have any one coming into to help them either.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:11 pm

They may find a kicker but the sammons kid is legit. He’s been in a lot of camps and is getting a lot of interest. Not sure where he’s going but I’ve heard Louisville and Akron are on the radar.
I agree the Sammons kid is legit. Great kicker. I say Sammons hits from 47 yards out on the final play of the game... Ironton 35- Burg 3
You’re going to be surprised on how burg is and they don’t have any one coming into to help them either.
Does that mean Burg would turn away potential transfers ? Honest question

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Do you believe these are normal transfers?

Honest question

Or better yet. What would this message board be like if burg was like ironton now?

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Honest question

Or better yet. What would this message board be like if burg was like ironton now?
I honestly don't know. I can only imagine if something illegal was happening the OHSAA would react. Until then I can only think that in today's world everyone wants to play for a winner and a chance to get noticed and yes i know others have made it at other schools but loyalty doesn't exist in sports anymore.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:12 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Honest question

I honestly don't know. I can only imagine if something illegal was happening the OHSAA would react. Until then I can only think that in today's world everyone wants to play for a winner and a chance to get noticed and yes i know others have made it at other schools but loyalty doesn't exist in sports anymore.
Good honest response. Although I’m wondering what constitutes illegal these days.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Supposedly a local coach has turned Ironton in in the last couple weeks.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:44 pm Supposedly a local coach has turned Ironton in in the last couple weeks.
Oh boy :lol:

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

first off, it was a joke. Second, I will never be surprised at how good the Burg is. Great program for several years. Thirdly, please spare everyone the”we don’t have anyone coming in to help.” Wheelersburg, in all sports will always have kids from other school districts attend their school.Families want the best for their kids and that includes shopping for school districts that offer more than the one they live in.Competition is here to stay and the districts that realize that will come out ahead.
By the way, I thought Burg was the favorite to take the region this year?Many returning starters and from what I have read from long time SEOP posters, the best running back in the region. Looks like a ridgewood/burg rematch again this year?

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:44 pm Supposedly a local coach has turned Ironton in in the last couple weeks.
I saw a lot of unmarked state cars in Ironton yesterday. Could it be that a massive investigation is under way? I got make and models of the cars if anyone in eastern scioto county has seen these cars over the past say 15 years

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:16 am

first off, it was a joke. Second, I will never be surprised at how good the Burg is. Great program for several years. Thirdly, please spare everyone the”we don’t have anyone coming in to help.” Wheelersburg, in all sports will always have kids from other school districts attend their school.Families want the best for their kids and that includes shopping for school districts that offer more than the one they live in.Competition is here to stay and the districts that realize that will come out ahead.
By the way, I thought Burg was the favorite to take the region this year?Many returning starters and from what I have read from long time SEOP posters, the best running back in the region. Looks like a ridgewood/burg rematch again this year?
Never thought I’d hear shopping for school districts in southern Ohio. lol. We are all the same. Every now and then teams will field a Reid Carrico, tanner holden or a Cain madden but we all know most of these kids are heading to trade school, the branch, or Shawnee.

Yes I do think burg will have one of the best rb is what I said. But I’m not dumb. Ironton is the team to beat especially with the help they have got from other schools.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I’ll say it again,most winning programs have transfers.Keep up or be left behind.This goes for all sports.You think the players that go to UK for basketball are there to get a degree?They are thinking NBA.Kids transfer to other schools to increase their chances of landing that scolly.Nothing wrong with it.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Obviously anything is possible, maybe Ironton is recruiting.. but why would they risk what theyre building? With everyone accusing them that puts a spotlight on them. I think the more likely answer is parents & students just wanting to switch schools. I myself considered switching to Burg going into HS and know plenty of people who did switch schools or at least considered it.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:53 pm Obviously anything is possible, maybe Ironton is recruiting.. but why would they risk what theyre building? With everyone accusing them that puts a spotlight on them. I think the more likely answer is parents & students just wanting to switch schools. I myself considered switching to Burg going into HS and know plenty of people who did switch schools or at least considered it.
True, Ironton got a receiver from Valley and Burg got his sister for b-ball. I don't think any schools actively recruit it comes down to the parents and kids want to play for successful programs. 4 to 5 years ago Burg was the place to be for football and now Ironton has taken over that role. It is what it is.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Regulator wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:44 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:53 pm Obviously anything is possible, maybe Ironton is recruiting.. but why would they risk what theyre building? With everyone accusing them that puts a spotlight on them. I think the more likely answer is parents & students just wanting to switch schools. I myself considered switching to Burg going into HS and know plenty of people who did switch schools or at least considered it.
True, Ironton got a receiver from Valley and Burg got his sister for b-ball. I don't think any schools actively recruit it comes down to the parents and kids want to play for successful programs. 4 to 5 years ago Burg was the place to be for football and now Ironton has taken over that role. It is what it is.
Lol. Well Pendleton is in year four so he may have made a mistake.

By the way, which student is the open enrollment? One will have to sit out the back half of the season.

I may be in the minority but I find it silly for parents to transfer kids just for sports. Something that doesn’t last but a second in life. Good luck to the kids in what they do. I still need to remind myself that they are just kids.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

My thing is why worry so much why someone else who isn’t in your family decides what they want to do for themselves? Because I mean I’m sure they have more of an understanding of what’s good for them than anyone outside of their parents. And even if it does end up being the wrong decision I feel like it’s their decision to make

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Wobbly, you just don’t get it,but I think you do.Ironton has got the upper hand right now but it upsets you that it’s happening.You know that a few transfers can put you over the top. It is what it is.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Woby,what’s silly is that you’re upset. :roll:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:36 pm Wobbly, you just don’t get it,but I think you do.Ironton has got the upper hand right now but it upsets you that it’s happening.You know that a few transfers can put you over the top. It is what it is.
Sure they have the upper hand. They have like 6 kids from other schools that probably started for those schools. Why wouldn’t they have the upper hand? They’ve done that the last two years. Of course they are going to be good. When we going to see a product of all ironton boys?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:15 pm My thing is why worry so much why someone else who isn’t in your family decides what they want to do for themselves? Because I mean I’m sure they have more of an understanding of what’s good for them than anyone outside of their parents. And even if it does end up being the wrong decision I feel like it’s their decision to make
No one cares. I just find it silly. It’s just a sport. I like coming on here and busting chops with ironton fans but it’s just for fun. Real ironton and burg used to be a great rivalry. Now it’s transfer high vs burg. Lol. Stakes are higher.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:16 pm
The Regulator wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:44 pm
Lol. Well Pendleton is in year four so he may have made a mistake.

By the way, which student is the open enrollment? One will have to sit out the back half of the season.

I may be in the minority but I find it silly for parents to transfer kids just for sports. Something that doesn’t last but a second in life. Good luck to the kids in what they do. I still need to remind myself that they are just kids.
i’ve seen the football player play... he will play longer than “a second” in life

Return to “Football”