2018 Ironton Head football coach

12gauge
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by 12gauge »

Kids come First wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:45 pm
TOUGH wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 pm I’ve heard there’s one consensus choice that most Ironton faithful want. I was told that both interviewers has told ppl this guy also had the best interview and had put together a staff that will be the best in Southern Ohio but the interviewers have agendas and are using his lack of head coaching experience as a scape goat. I’m sure you can fill in the blanks on who the candidate is. Ironton has a serious mess right now and until they clean house or school board steps in they will screw this process up.u
Can anyone tell me why Ironton is only school in 3 counties that has a full time athletic director and there sports in such bad shape including the boys basketball team that he coaches. How come he is part of interview process when everything is as bad as it is because of his negligence. Also, how come none of the spring sports schedules are on tiger town that’s what he gets paid to do right?

Wether you think it should be or not it is. The fact is it is a union job. If you don't like it come to the School Board meetings...wink,wink

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:25 pm If nothing else, looks like this thread has brought some new posters to SEOPS lol.....

I vote Pendleton for the job, does my vote count?

Go Fighting Tigers......
Nah...just 1

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:37 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:03 pm I hope they get this right. you can ask anyone up here. bout anywhere I go I got on a fighting tiger shirt, hat or a jacket. used to be someone would stop you and say. we played ironton back in the day n they kilt us. or I never played a team that hit me harder than ironton did, stuff like that. now I have people from valley,burg, waverly, piketon, zane trace and the like and snicker at me. course I'm kinda funny lookin and that may have a bit to do with it. but I know why,i see them look at it. and I'm like son, if you only knew bout them teams that you is too young to know anything about.
Baits back at it again with the flashbacks. Nobody cares about what Ironton used to be. They are more concerned with the current situation of the program. Understandably so. I’ve seen many a Fighting Tiger teams. I have lost no respect for them. But to sit and talk about days gone by is getting a little too comfortable for some people. That’s why we don’t see a thread titled “Yesteryear, Tails of the Fighting Tigers” (<see what I did there) go for more than 2 pages. While we are currently still talking about what THIS years team will produce. Time to get the heads out of your yearbooks and figure out just WTF is going on in Tigertown.

Troll level-Jedi

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

I wish that SEOPS would allow 1 ID only. This tread would be half of what it is now

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Sportsman wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:48 pm Yes it is a mess in Tiger Town. But it starts at the top. New Superintendent should take care of the problem or whatever problem there is . Why do we wait this long to make a decision on the FB coach? If the current AD is in charge of the process than make him accountable as well. It is a total different story in this proud town and it defiantly has went South in a hurry. Leaders lead not avoid the problems at hand.
The Superintendent or the AD only makes recommendations. They do not hire. That is the school board. The Superintendent does have some pull but 4 votes from the board can go around the Superintendent. The AD unless the Board gives them more power are just there to interview and recommend.

To think the new Superintendent can come in and fix whatever the problem is is a dream. This is not something that can just be fixed by hiring someone new. This will take years to fix. Getting people to buy into the program and not jump ship when everything does not go their way. Players need to have a better attitude and can't go cry to someone else to fix their mistake or shortcomings on the field. This does not mean every player but has been mentioned quite a bit or blown up by others. The all around attitude by people outside the team pulling the team in different directions. Opinions are one thing but to influence keeps the program from moving forward.

No one person or just group of coaches can fix the program to just get it back to winning 7 to 8 games a year. It is a group effort takes a plan and vision with realistic goals.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:20 pm IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF VINCE LOMBARDI.------------------- ''WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A train wreck that is about to cause complete havock in Ironton that is getting close to not being able to be fixed without a complete over haul from top to bottom.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Tigercannon71 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:16 am They’ve had an entire month to interview as many of the couple dozen candidates that have expressed interest in the job. So far they’ve only interviewed 8 people. 3 of those were in-house. That means the full time AD has only interviewed 5 outside the school system. There’s plenty of coaches who’ve applied that haven’t even gotten a call back. One of those I know of is an assistant coach at Raceland, Ky. He applied 3 weeks ago and found out one of the people conducting interviews didn’t even know he had applied. That right there tells me that this whole interview process is nothing more than for show. Nothing is going to change.
Yes and he texted a player asking him to go ask the AD if he was going to interview him and told him to tell the AD he wanted him to be the coach! That’s classy!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Ironton will get a new coach soon. The work that will need to be done will take more than 2 years to fix. This with the people that will tell the kids all the things they should not hear. I new arising is on the way and it would be best for everyone to get on board with the new coach.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Does anyone know who’s getting the job. I’ve heard Grizzle, Ray, Pendleton and then going to rehire Vass. I was just wondering with all these rumors on here. Just how accurate are your sources? And when did your source say it was going to be done.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't think any of us outside the boe have any idea really tough.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

The first thing that needs to happen after hiring a new coach is every coach in every sport need to be on the same page as far as backing each other's program. No successful school has a successful program without everyone pulling together and not just taking care of their own program and to hell with all others. I know some sports will be better than others in your school but they all need each other's support..it used to be done that way..one of the main problems now a days is there are to many coaches that are not teachers anymore. The coaches are not involved in the every day happenings of the school which are very important to a lot of the athletes in the school..just my experience from being involved as a coach for many years..

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I would have to disagree somewhat on the teacher priority thing in these days. it is incredibly handy for everybody to have that same schedule. but it would not be my 1st priority if a man could make the appointed times needed for film, practice n games. no doubt teachers that work together all week would have likely a tight knit bond. but if they somehow didn't get along, then the time away would be important as well, as long as they can come together for a common cause. I don't think it's of paramount importance these days for every position to be a teacher. I'd be curious as to hearing what other people think here.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

I realize it's more difficult these days to have a position for everyone but I think a perfect situation it would work better but what's perfect these days

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Good to be at school all day with the players. But times are changing and the work being put on teachers are more and more. With most having to do school work after hours. As well as the stresses are increasing. Not everyone can teach and then go straight into coaching. So more important is the person doing it. For those who are not on staff they need to put in some extra effort to work with the staff. To make sure the players are doing well in classes and not causing trouble. Just takes a staff and coaches working together. Pick the best coach and help develop a plan for school day and after. Maybe even a mix of staff since football has multiple assistants.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

That would also work for the most part. Ironton was fortunate to have all there staff teaching in most all sports years ago..as far as teaching and coaching at the same time now is no different than it used to be.if your dedicated to teaching and love the sport you are coaching it will work..its a copout if you don't want to do both

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Some parents are the problem with some kids today.parents need to tell their kids if your going to play do what your told don't complain and bust your butt. Don't come home crying around and pouting. Parents be parents and not wanna be coaches at home when jr gets there.althouhh I do agree you need a good staff and head coach to start with.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

All these rumors floating around and when someone calls them out on it all we hear is birds chirping. What is everyone hearing on who’s the favorite and what’s the timetable. Me for one believe they are dragging this out in order to make it easier to give back to Vass and continue the downward slide.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Getting Older wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:29 pm That would also work for the most part. Ironton was fortunate to have all there staff teaching in most all sports years ago..as far as teaching and coaching at the same time now is no different than it used to be.if your dedicated to teaching and love the sport you are coaching it will work..its a copout if you don't want to do both
Some of the paperwork that has to be done with some classes. Some are more than others. Then the ever changing state testing. As well as some challenging students who can make things difficult. That is not a cop out but can really be helped by good support from the staff and backing. Every school is different. Just like coaching team work makes school go so much easier. Not forgetting if a school board wants to play politics.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

TOUGH wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:15 pm All these rumors floating around and when someone calls them out on it all we hear is birds chirping. What is everyone hearing on who’s the favorite and what’s the timetable. Me for one believe they are dragging this out in order to make it easier to give back to Vass and continue the downward slide.
I surely hope not he caused this situation to happen bottom line.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks for the feedback. I wondered how others felt about the coaching/teaching thing.

Return to “Football”