2018 Ironton Head football coach

Otto
JV Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Otto »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:47 pm
2quick2catch wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:18 pm Smart move on Ironton contacting Kaskey, if that is true.
Not saying they contacted him. Just saying they had hopes of him coming. High profile program would be intriguing for Kaskey. Separate conference from Burg and still able to potentially play twice a year until Burg moves up to DIV. Which bring another thought to my mind. With Burg more than likely moving up to DIV in 2019, does that make the Ironton job MORE appealing for Kaskey? No potential play off games against Burg. Only the week 1 match up. I think I’m on to something here.
Hard to believe Ironton is going to be in a smaller division than Burg. Always been the other way around as far as I can remember. Times are a changin.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

The player that went Raceland, didn't leave because of Vass, he liked Vass.
I don't know the reason why he left. I have heard a few more may leave if
Vass isn't rehired. because they don't want to play for just any body.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 pm The player that went Raceland, didn't leave because of Vass, he liked Vass.
You are correct. He was afraid that Vass wasn’t going to be rehired and Raceland starts spring training. He likes Vass. I’m surprised there isn’t more kids gone. We don’t even have a football coach. It’s not fair to whoever they hire to be coach. It’s been handled wrong and has made our community look ridiculous. Like a circus. This should have been done back when Football season ended.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Kleao wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 pm
Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 pm The player that went Raceland, didn't leave because of Vass, he liked Vass.
You are correct. He was afraid that Vass wasn’t going to be rehired and Raceland starts spring training. He likes Vass. I’m surprised there isn’t more kids gone. We don’t even have a football coach. It’s not fair to whoever they hire to be coach. It’s been handled wrong and has made our community look ridiculous. Like a circus. This should have been done back when Football season ended.
This is not accurate. First, Raceland doesn't have spring football. Second, he has not been accepted at Raceland as of today. You don't just show up and change schools that easy, there is more to it. Third, he wants to leave Ironton because the kids do not work hard in the weight room. He will be at Ironton tomorrow, I will bet on it.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Pretty sure Raceland has always had spring practice before

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Buramgerdin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:49 pm
This is not accurate. First, Raceland doesn't have spring football. Second, he has not been accepted at Raceland as of today. You don't just show up and change schools that easy, there is more to it. Third, he wants to leave Ironton because the kids do not work hard in the weight room. He will be at Ironton tomorrow, I will bet on it.
First I didn’t say spring football. I said spring training. He has enrolled at Raceland. He had his paperwork last week. My source is from someone who works with the board office. Third I don’t care who leaves. It’s a free country and if that’s what a kid and parent feels is the best for them then do it. I am simply stating what the kid has told other players. I wish him nothing but good luck. We had a weight lifting coach so I don’t know what went on in the weight room. I know that very few put in work on there own. My point was the way this has been handled has been a circus and an embarrassment to this community. It’s not fair to whoever is hired as the coach. And the Biggest ones to suffer are the KIDS! Here we are in almost May and still don’t have a coach. It’s just mass confusion. The coach should have been hired the first of the year.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Westfan wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:41 pm Pretty sure Raceland has always had spring practice before
Yes they do every year.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

So easy for kids now days to jump ship. I hope the OHSAA steps in soon and stops this. It’s worse now then when the catholic schools were the powers.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Kleao wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:37 pm

First I didn’t say spring football. I said spring training. He has enrolled at Raceland. He had his paperwork last week. My source is from someone who works with the board office. Third I don’t care who leaves. It’s a free country and if that’s what a kid and parent feels is the best for them then do it. I am simply stating what the kid has told other players. I wish him nothing but good luck. We had a weight lifting coach so I don’t know what went on in the weight room. I know that very few put in work on there own. My point was the way this has been handled has been a circus and an embarrassment to this community. It’s not fair to whoever is hired as the coach. And the Biggest ones to suffer are the KIDS! Here we are in almost May and still don’t have a coach. It’s just mass confusion. The coach should have been hired the first of the year.
Does your source at the board office have any idea who the board may be leaning toward. Surely someone has tipped there cap in the community as to who’s getting the job.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:59 pm
Kleao wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:37 pm

Does your source at the board office have any idea who the board may be leaning toward. Surely someone has tipped there cap in the community as to who’s getting the job.
This came from someone that works with Raceland school board about the boy that has left. The player had already told the other players he was leaving and starting school at Raceland today. I have no idea who Ironton’s board is going to hire, but it should have been done months ago! IMO and my opinion means nothing!

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:57 pm So easy for kids now days to jump ship. I hope the OHSAA steps in soon and stops this. It’s worse now then when the catholic schools were the powers.
I agree. But at this point can you really blame them? It’s been pure chaos here and the kids are the ones that will suffer. I was told that OHSAA is going to change the rules to you have to sit out the 2nd half of the season for five games to keep transfers from playing in playoffs.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Kleao wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 am
TOUGH wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:57 pm So easy for kids now days to jump ship. I hope the OHSAA steps in soon and stops this. It’s worse now then when the catholic schools were the powers.
I agree. But at this point can you really blame them? It’s been pure chaos here and the kids are the ones that will suffer. I was told that OHSAA is going to change the rules to you have to sit out the 2nd half of the season for five games to keep transfers from playing in playoffs.
Is that for transfers or open enrollment? If it’s just for open enrollment kids then families will just move into the district.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

fbnut wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:30 am
Kleao wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 am
Is that for transfers or open enrollment? If it’s just for open enrollment kids then families will just move into the district.
It’s for kids that transfer after their freshman year. If you are open enrollment and have been at your school at the beginning of their freshman year they are fine. Just because you move into a district or transfer doesn’t mean the OHSAA will approve you to be eligible to play.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

There is a transfer exception bylaw. It looks to me like one of the 11 bylaws is if the entire family moves into the district the child may not have to sit, if I understand it correctly

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

fbnut wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:08 am There is a transfer exception bylaw. It looks to me like one of the 11 bylaws is if the entire family moves into the district the child may not have to sit, if I understand it correctly
I don’t know. They are very strict and I know they actually come out to your home and check to make sure you are actually living in the home and that you have all the bills in your name. They also want to make sure your reason for moving is legit. They are becoming more strict because of so many athletes transferring. I’ve never personally dealt with it, but know people who have.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

There not coming out to check around here unless someone raises a stink. I’m not sure how many are actually moving into districts. Open enrollment is what kids are using to switch schools.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

fbnut wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:12 am There not coming out to check around here unless someone raises a stink. I’m not sure how many are actually moving into districts. Open enrollment is what kids are using to switch schools.
Well the people that I was speaking of, the OHSAA came to their home and needed copies of their bills in their name, needed a letter from the landlord stating that they were renting from him, and they actually came into their home. So that is information that I know for facts. I don’t know if that is normal procedure, but that’s what they did to this family.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

It's hard to believe that everyone blames the BOE for the football teams poor discipline, lack of a off season football weight lifting program and kids doing whatever they want when they want on the football team.

Juiceboxguy
Waterboy

Post by Juiceboxguy »

Kleao wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:05 am
fbnut wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:12 am There not coming out to check around here unless someone raises a stink. I’m not sure how many are actually moving into districts. Open enrollment is what kids are using to switch schools.
Well the people that I was speaking of, the OHSAA came to their home and needed copies of their bills in their name, needed a letter from the landlord stating that they were renting from him, and they actually came into their home. So that is information that I know for facts. I don’t know if that is normal procedure, but that’s what they did to this family.
You obviously don’t know anything for a fact. The OHSAA does NOT come to peoples homes. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read on this topic and that really says something. It’s the school’s responsibility to check. Also,

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm just speaking from personal experience here. and granted this was sometime ago. as my boys graduated in 07, n 08. but when I transferred my sons from rock hill to ironton steve kingery was the super at ironton. Lloyd evans was at rock hill. I lived 8 miles out 141, and to the rock hill district is was 16 miles one way. and from my driveway to ironton's lot was 8 miles. both my boys were in sports, and it was just a lot less travel. they moved in junior high. but nobody came to our house. I made the request at rock hill, and ironton and they started paperwork and the kids changed school. that's all there was to it. unless things have changed since then.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”