Looking ahead to 2008(prediction time)

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:POSSIBLE STATE CHAMPIONS, YES, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. :-D

I second that.

Army
S

Post by Army »

boilermaker wrote:Army you are nuts,,But everyone already knows this. These coaches are the same that was here the last 3 years. Hinton is gone but Wellston hired one of his asst coaches from his first year. This is a young team and will get better.
I know you will have all kinds of stats for me ,but trust me I know as much about the history of Wellston football atleast as well as you do.This is a totally different situation.The coach you couldnt name was Dave Barr . The Rockets struggled under him and the board hired Larry Blackstone who took that same team ,most were back from the year before and went 5-5. Wellston hasnt had a losing season since until now.I dont like this losing thing at all but I dont think its fair to put full balme on these coaches. The kids are told what to do it is up to them to do it.We have defensive coaches screaming out to the defense what is comming and we still cant stop it .
Have you been to a game?

The Rockets will be fine ;-)

No boilermaker, are you nuts? Everyone will know YOU are nuts for sure, if you think this will change next year WITH THE SAME STAFF. It's coaching. Plain and simple. Missed tackles, missed passes, tackling by pulling the RB's forward, so they can get the extra yardage, etc, etc. Basic Football. Teaching. It's just that visable, plain and simple, just not there this year.

Just ask some of the (Wellston Faithful) if they are satisfied if the Golden Rockets go 0-10 and they keep the same group next year. I can almost say they will lose some top talent from the team next year to VC or Jackson if that happens. If Hinton would of stayed, it most likely would have been a tuff season, but not this bad. Especially getting defeated by Minford the way they did. It's sad to say, I wouldn't doubt it, if they had to play the Miller Falcons, that the Falcons could gain a W on them this year, just due to the way they are being taught the basics. Or are they?

I hate to see my alma mater the Golden Rockets go through this.

Anyone can be an assistant for a winning coach, but that doesn't mean they are going to be the same way. If that's the case look at all the assistants that have been promoted to be the head of a program and fail. Point and case the Ironton Tigers. :-D

Your logic has no footing concerning the belief that because one was an assistant for a winning coach that will automatically make them for sure a winner too.

Sounds like a Nut theory to me. I believe there is a lot of folks that will know you are nuts if you believe in keeping them after posing a possible 0-10 season this year, just to see our (Golden Rockets) go through another possible heartbreak season next year.

Yes I have been to a game. :-D

Good Luck Golden Rockets :!:
Last edited by Army on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

Burg is lined up with a good mix of Srs and Sophs this year, not a good mix of Jrs to be found. Some left the squad for reasons I dont know. But here is Burgs outlook for next year:

OL jr
OL jr
OL jr
OL jr
OL jr

QB jr

FB sr

Rb sr

WR sr

Wr jr

DL jr
DL jr
DL jr

LB Sr
LB jr

DE ?
DE ?

CB Sr
CB ?

S ?
S ?

Alot of Sophs on this years team that will compete for those Question marks.

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Army maybe you could teach them :roll:

Army
S

Post by Army »

boilermaker wrote:Army maybe you could teach them :roll:

Or maybe you could too :?: :roll:

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

TADITION IS BROKEN!
VINTON COUNTY & WELLSTON WILL NOT PLAY THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON ANYMORE!
ATHENS
JOINS THE TVC OHIO. THE BULLDOGS SHOULD BE A MUCH IMPROVED TEAM THEY WILL HAVE A VERY GOOD GROUP OF SOPH' AND JUNIORS.
ATHENS HAS A GREAT HEAD COACH. IF HE STAYS FOR A WHILE THE BULLDOGS COULD BE VERY COMPETITIVE & NOT ONLY IN TVC!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Here's my prediction on the starting Burg lineup for next season

Offense - returning good speed and increased size but lack much experience. Only 3 return with significant playing time on O in White, Shank and Hopper
-----------------
OT - Maxie (jr)
OG - Adkins (jr)
C - Leach (jr)
OG - Hacker (sr)
OT - Frowine (jr)
TE/SE/WR - Hopper (sr)
WR - ?
QB - Lang (jr)
FB - White (sr)
HB - Shankwiler (sr)
HB - Walker (jr)
FB/HB - Craigmiles (jr)

Defense - should be solid, with good experience, speed and quickness
--------------------------
NG - Walker/Silvey (jr)
DT - Adkins (jr)
DT - Frowine (jr)
DE - Hopper (sr)
DE - Craigmiles (jr)
LB - White (sr)
LB - Lang (jr)
CB - Shankwiler (sr)
CB - ?
FS - ?
SS - Walker (jr)
Last edited by BULDOG on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

Does anyone fill Athens shoes in the SEOAL?

Football doesn't build charachter....it reveals it.[/size]
hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Botcowa wrote:Does anyone fill Athens shoes in the SEOAL?

pesonally, I'd like to see Waverly get out of the SOC and join the SEOAL.

RocketGoof
Riding the Bench

Post by RocketGoof »

Army wrote:
wellstonrockets wrote:wellston returns 10 on off and 9 on defence next year

They have to first look at changing the coaching staff. If things continue, the Golden Rockets could be on track to follow Stemans Team in the 72 season at 0-10 and that coach Wellston hired from Eastern Meigs in the early 90's that went 0-10. Both were one year wonders. :-D

If the school rehires this this staff for next season, look for the same dismal things most likely to happen. Look for some kids who play for Wellston to bolt and play football next year for either (Vinton County), (Oak Hill) or (Jackson) if they rehire this staff for next season. It won't be the kids, it will be the parents moving them. That's the sad part. But can you blame them, if they have a kid who has some chance to get a football scholarship.

How many successful teams can you name in the history of earth that have started 8 sophomores on each side of the ball. I'm sure it's a pretty short list...Also, how many teams have 1 senior on each side of the ball (That didn't start or play much last year.)...I have been to EVERY practice, and the kids are being taught EXACTLY what the other team will bring on Friday night. If you listen on the sidelines on Friday nights, Wellston has 2 coaches that SCREAM the opposing offenses play to the defense with a 98% accuracy...Tell me that isn't coaching...You have to be slow-witted to think that these kids aren't being taught to fire off the ball, play low, play intensely, hit, and wrap. The job is posted yearly and I don't recall seeing your name on the list. The big problem I see is that most of the parents think "Little Johnnie" is a stud and that he can do no wrong. That is what they are hearing at home all week. If the community would get behind the kids, and off of the coaches, the attitude will change drastically. Ask West Jefferson. They've won 2 state championships, and their program went down the tubes. In fact, they were 0-10 just a short 5 years ago. Your thoughts and predictions mean nothing anyway...Wasn't Chili supposed to be undefeated in your opinion? Are you bashing their coaches yet? They're loaded with talent. Wellston has had 8 teams in the last 94 years that have won 8 or more games per year. Mediocrity in motion! With that as your past record, how high should your expectations really be? This season has been very bad, undoubtedly. And it is not acceptable. But, to say these coaches aren't coaching the kids is ridiculous. As for next year, if the attitude doesn't change, neither will the results. There are a certain number of kids on this team that Woody Hayes couldn't motivate. That is the problem. I'll let your brother know that you're unhappy with the coaches...I'm sure he's bashing right along with you, though.

-From the Cluttered Desk of
RocketGoof
boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

You are right on RocketGoof, I agree but most parents wont ;-)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

T/T/T

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironton will take the South in the SEOAL--The only way Chillicothe wins is if they have some good players transfer in. Or should I say pay to come in. :razz: hey dad can I have a few buck that you are getting to have me go here.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Prediction number two
Berne Union will be much better in 2008 (They did make the playoffs in 2007)

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

right on rocketgoof.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Teams in 2008 that could win there Leagues and Conferences

1. SEOAL-Chillicothe / Ironton
*(Week 10 @ the Hernstein Noreply66) :shock: :-D :lol:

2. SVC-Frankfort Adena / Westfall

3. SOC I-Portsmouth East (Sciotoville) / Oak Hill / Portsmouth N.D.

4. SOC II-Waverly / Wheelersburg

5. OVC-Dawson Bryant Coal Grove / Ironton Rock Hill

6. TVC-Ohio-Wellston / Pomeroy Meigs / The Plains Athens / NY

7. TVC-Hocking-Waterford / Glouster Trimble / Stewart Federal Hocking

8. SCOL-Greenfield McClain / Hillsboro / Washington C.H.

9. MSL-Buckeye-Circleville / Amanda Clearcreek / Canal Winchester

10. MSL-Cardinal-West Jefferson / Lancaster Fisher Catholic

11. MSL-Ohio-Newark Catholic / Bexley

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Army,

you said the same thing last year. Chilly nor ironton had anything for the Chiefs. i hope you know more about the other leagues than you do the SEOAL. i know you missed that one.

My predictions have ben correct the last four years. I am sure yours have been wrong the last two years.

Army
S

Post by Army »

2old wrote:Army,

you said the same thing last year. Chilly nor ironton had anything for the Chiefs. i hope you know more about the other leagues than you do the SEOAL. i know you missed that one.

My predictions have ben correct the last four years. I am sure yours have been wrong the last two years.

What was you saying.....Pow-Wow Schedule Up Yellow Stripers :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Marietta will have a above average season

as better than the past 3 or 4 years

Cody westbrook is back at the QB so things are looking good for the tiger offense

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The NY-Buckeyes will be back to there old ways this year.9-1 sounds about right!!!!!
GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!

Return to “Football”