Looking ahead to 2008(prediction time)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Looking ahead to 2008(prediction time)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If Chillicothe keeps their team together they will be a team to watch in 2008.

My first prediction for next season.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

The Tigers will show up!!!

:D :D :D
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

You can count Westfall in again

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Chiefs win !! :lol:

(Again) 8)

Have gun, will travel
JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

The Chiefs will have a lot of shoes to fill but should be able to reload just fine

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

NCF,
The best Chilly can hope for is second place. The Championship once again will belong to Logan in the SEOAL.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Time will tell.
I was not making prediction for league champ just predicting that they will be good if the returning players do return.

I have no ties to the schhool it was just a prediction.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Pirates will get back to being a running team and I predict they wll have one of the best rushing offenses in the area, if they are used right.

They will have Schanweiler, White, Craigmiles, Walker, Brandon Hall(if he plays) at RB and Lang at QB.

They will be very potent.

After watching the 1989 state game today online, I believe that next years offense can run that same offense. The 89 offense had Risner at TB, Klaiber at FB and Pete Ruby in the slot and Matt Miller at QB. They ran the counters and the dive plays to perfection. The line wasn't the biggest they have ever had, but they were quick, which let the guards pull on the counter plays and lead the RB.

Next year they will be able to have Schank at TB, Bryan White at FB and Walker in the slot with Tyler Lang as the QB. The line should be about the same as that team and I think they could run that offense with no problems.

It will be interesting to see what kind of offense they run, especially if they have the new turf down by next season. Lot of speed in the backfiled coming back for the Burg.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth West should return 9 starters on offense and 7 starters on defense. Very good Soph to be class to step in and replace a very small senior class this year. West should have their best team since 02. Should go 10-0 (South Point replaces Sheridan, Portsmouth-Waverly-Burg all loose great senior classes) and be a factor in Region 19.

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

Yep, West will be good. Siderman, here comes a group of Burg sophs that I believe is the best coached kids Burg has ever had. They are NUTS! They hit, they block, they play as a team. Just like any other era the SOC2 has had, there is always a counter weight. I hope that group of talent west has as seniors next year get something! They are that talented, they just have had to play with alot of coaches. Shame. They were like the 2002 team in talent and could have made a mark early on. Good luck to them, Alfie, Justin V, T perry, S Sparks, Mcnutt?, Murphy, SWORDS, T journey and the rest~all the Siders.

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

wellston returns 10 on off and 9 on defence next year

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

rocket,

Is returning guys from that defense a good thing?

Army
S

Post by Army »

wellstonrockets wrote:wellston returns 10 on off and 9 on defence next year

They have to first look at changing the coaching staff. If things continue, the Golden Rockets could be on track to follow Stemans Team in the 72 season at 0-10 and that coach Wellston hired from Eastern Meigs in the early 90's that went 0-10. Both were one year wonders. :-D

If the school rehires this this staff for next season, look for the same dismal things most likely to happen. Look for some kids who play for Wellston to bolt and play football next year for either (Vinton County), (Oak Hill) or (Jackson) if they rehire this staff for next season. It won't be the kids, it will be the parents moving them. That's the sad part. But can you blame them, if they have a kid who has some chance to get a football scholarship.

Last edited by Army on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

POSSIBLE STATE CHAMPIONS, YES, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Army
S

Post by Army »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:POSSIBLE STATE CHAMPIONS, YES, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. :-D

Will you all still be in the SEOAL Next year?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I SURE HOPE SO, HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING DIFFERENT, EXCEPT RUMORS EARLY THIS YEAR. we have to stay put in this league. sure you may lose here and there. but imagine the wealth of experience this small d4 team, is getting playing the likes of the seoal competion, will surely go great, in d4 playoffs. no other league wants us. and it's terribly hard being an independant, and trying to get 10 games. gas, seems to be the sticking point. but we were traveling every where to get games as it was. now there are league titles to be won, a new set of rivalries. i love it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Go Riders
Waterboy

Post by Go Riders »

Looking at Ferry's starting 22 they are very young.

Offense:

TE Sr/So
OL Jr
OL Jr
OL Jr
OL Jr
OL Sr
WR Sr, Sr, Sr
QB Sr
RB Jr, Jr, So

Defense:
DE So
DE Sr
DT So
DT Sr
OLB Sr
OLB Sr
ILB Jr
ILB Jr
CB Sr
CB Jr
S Jr

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Army you are nuts,,But everyone already knows this. These coaches are the same that was here the last 3 years. Hinton is gone but Wellston hired one of his asst coaches from his first year. This is a young team and will get better.
I know you will have all kinds of stats for me ,but trust me I know as much about the history of Wellston football atleast as well as you do.This is a totally different situation.The coach you couldnt name was Dave Barr . The Rockets struggled under him and the board hired Larry Blackstone who took that same team ,most were back from the year before and went 5-5. Wellston hasnt had a losing season since until now.I dont like this losing thing at all but I dont think its fair to put full balme on these coaches. The kids are told what to do it is up to them to do it.We have defensive coaches screaming out to the defense what is comming and we still cant stop it .
Have you been to a game?

The Rockets will be fine ;-)

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

You are right NCF, Chilly returns lots of starters and lettermen next year. But they would just like to try and get better THIS year. If Logan runs the table again, they would be Kings of the SEOAL 'til someone takes their crown. Ironton returns lots of very good players with one year experience under Lutz, something they did not have this year. Marietta won the league as freshmen when Chilly was in the OCC and Ironton independent I believe. Lots of time between now and then.

Calling it like it is...
TipTopShape
Waterboy

Post by TipTopShape »

For the ironmen

Qb- Tyler Boggs
Hb- Huff
Fb-Haller
Wb-meredith
Se-Lindamood (Playmaker)
Te- trace
LT-Waugh