Playoffs:D2 #6 Tri-Valley (9-1) @ #3 Logan (9-1)

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Playoffs:D2 #6 Tri-Valley (9-1) @ #3 Logan (9-1)

Post by LoganD14Life »

This is a great way to leave bill sauer field.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Good Luck in the Playoffs Chieftans. Make all of SE Ohio proud.

Mr. Horsepower
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr. Horsepower »

Let's Go CHIEFS! Beat Tri-Valley!

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Best of luck to the Chiefs in this one, I think it's a winnable game , especially at home. I look forward to seeing how well you guys can handle that qb they have up there at Tri-Valley.

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

nothing against tri valley, but its a relief knowing we have them instead of lake.
like i said, i dont know much about tri valley, i know they have a good O with cam west, and a pretty good defense.
but i think logan will show up and set the tone for the game early.
This game will be decided before the end of the 4th quarter

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Well, seeing as Lake just beat them 42-0 I doubt anyone will blame you there.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't Zanesville fall to these guys early in the season?

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

NO..
Licking Valley.
I herd zanesville got the best of this team in a scrimmage

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

portsmouth_98 wrote:Best of luck to the Chiefs in this one, I think it's a winnable game , especially at home. I look forward to seeing how well you guys can handle that qb they have up there at Tri-Valley.

With Jon "SACK MAN" Neff leading the D-line...noooo problemo!

jkumpire
Waterboy

TV is a dangerous team

Post by jkumpire »

First, the TV and ZV starters were 0-0 at the end of their work, but that was a scrimmage.

TV will post a lot of problems for Logan, and it will be a good game. TV is big, fast, and has good special teams. The QB is a D1 recruit, and there is at least one other D1 recruit on the team. The can run it, throw it, and defend it pretty well. The kicking game is a little above average, the return game is good.

The biggest advantages Logan has over TV are home field and playoff experience, and the fact that they have played bigger schools than TV during the year. TV needed a wake up call, and got it last Friday.

I would forget the Lake game if I were you. TV made mistakes against NL in its spread offense, and Lake exposed things that TV will improve on this week. Lake is a monster program as you know, they play a D1 schedule, and they had been in must win week 10 games for years. TV would beat them if they played again, or at least make it a close game.

Logan needs to run the ball to win it.

Will officiate anything-- But Baseball Season is Never Far Away!
tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

tv and Lake

Post by tropicalbreeze »

TV would beat lake if they played again? Wow! I would say that's looking though Rose colored glasses!

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

Shane Porter and Portsmouth couldn't do much on logan's secondary in week 9 so i think the Chief's will be just fine
-if they continue to play the same they have played all year and eliminate the penalties and turnovers then Logan will look like a legit contender in the region

Leave Bill Sauer Untouched in 2007 :!:

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Re: TV is a dangerous team

Post by JMoney »

jkumpire wrote:First, the TV and ZV starters were 0-0 at the end of their work, but that was a scrimmage.

TV will post a lot of problems for Logan, and it will be a good game. TV is big, fast, and has good special teams. The QB is a D1 recruit, and there is at least one other D1 recruit on the team. The can run it, throw it, and defend it pretty well. The kicking game is a little above average, the return game is good.

The biggest advantages Logan has over TV are home field and playoff experience, and the fact that they have played bigger schools than TV during the year. TV needed a wake up call, and got it last Friday.

I would forget the Lake game if I were you. TV made mistakes against NL in its spread offense, and Lake exposed things that TV will improve on this week. Lake is a monster program as you know, they play a D1 schedule, and they had been in must win week 10 games for years. TV would beat them if they played again, or at least make it a close game.

Logan needs to run the ball to win it.

Does Logan have a running game :?: :roll: :lol:
Logan will have a solid night on the ground
if that passing game gets going then Logan will come out on top
its tough to stop their balanced offense once Mike Angle gets hot...he's got a few recievers that are very capable of getting behind the safety ...cough cough luke wright cough
and Logan's Special Teams has been somethin else this season...amazing to watch

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

as for my prediction....
Logan.....33
Valley.....14

20-14 going into the fourth...
then Logan takes control and continues their momentum into round 2

Gotta Love the Kings of the SEOAL

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

Logan wins this game going away. Great way to start the playoffs.

I have one sin, and that is that I want to win too badly.--Woody Hayes
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

jkumpire you are a joker. Lake would stomp TV 10 out of 10 times. :lol: I thought the score was going to be worse.

I read you on MVL forum, so you know your stuff. So do I. TV is in trouble using the spread against Logan. Chiefs have faced the spread often and match up well on D with speed on the corners and a good pass rush. And, yep, the Chiefs will run the ball down their throats, just like Lake did. Plus , unlike Lake, Chiefs can & do throw the ball better than Lake ,who rarely throws. Chiefs kick return game is top notch. Beware.

I wouldn't look for 42-0 ,but TV is in trouble as 21-0,21-7 are possible if TV plays Logan well. If not, score will get away from them and Chiefs might put a Lake score up on them.
Last edited by Paladin on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Have gun, will travel
jkumpire
Waterboy

Tropical Breeze

Post by jkumpire »

I grew up in NE Ohio, so I am familiar with Lake football, and NE Ohio FB as well. How many McKinley/Massilllon games have you seen?

I believe that TV has the physical ability to play with Lake, what they did not have until Friday was the experience of playing a top-flight D2 team. Experience will teach them a lot! And folks, I've seen Portsmouth recently, and TV is not Portsmouth.

I may be overblowing it here a little, but TV is a very, very good FB team who has improved by leaps and bounds in the past 12 months, with an outstanding coaching staff.

Running the spread on the HS level is really tough to do well, in their last 2 games TV found out they had a lot of little things to clean up to make that offense work, and I think they will be a very potent team to play next Saturday.

Will officiate anything-- But Baseball Season is Never Far Away!
JMoney
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 11 Tri-Valley Scotties @ Logan Chieftains

Post by JMoney »

LoganD14Life wrote:This is a great way to leave bill sauer field.

i wonder how many people will be spending the night on the field ...shiiiii

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I've seen Mass - McK 5 or 6 times. I follow Warren Harding and the Steel Valley Conf. Watch the Fed. too. Iggy & the parochials.

Thats typical of what Logan has done to spread teams. Physical on D and shutting down whatever run game the spread team has. Chiefs secondary is fast and Wright is a super athlete. Maybe the SEOAL MVP. Logan has a stronger run game than the MVL showed TV and while not as great as Lake's game, its aload for the Scotties. Frye will get his yards.

But enough of O. Logan has the D to slow TV down and game will be won in the trenches while the speed on the corners stops the spread.

Have gun, will travel
JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

i think the logan d will totally shut TV down in the second half

Return to “Football”