Playoffs: D4 #7 New Lexington (8-2) @ #2 Westfall (10-0)

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

If you have to be good to win 8 games then what are you is you win 10 games? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

[quote="mstangmom"]If you have to be good to win 8 games then what are you is you win 10 games? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

great ;-)

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

as long as westfall comes out and plays the way they always do its theirs. but if they slip up by by chances of this win.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

How many SEOP folks are coming to this game?
PM me and if enough want to we will all meet. I will figure out a good place.

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

newlexpanthers, 1 post on here so far? Suprising. I like your team. I also like westfall but I think the panthers have played a tougher schedule but I just cant go with them at the mustang home field. I think it will be a close game. I just cant get a good feel on this game. If westfall makes some mistakes, ie interceptions here and there, NL could win this game. Just a hard matchup to judge. Good luck to both and NO INJURIES!

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

..LOL..actully 3.

Having an very stressfull and rough few days.

but, I will be lighting this thread up as the week goes on !

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

GO FOR IT^^^^^

Good luck to both teams but I am actually partial to the panthers and hope they win. I just think the Mustang program is getting real good as like the panthers so I have a hard time determining who will win.

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

[quote="DEmaniac"]GO FOR IT^^^^^

Good luck to both teams but I am actually partial to the panthers and hope they win. I just think the Mustang program is getting real good as like the panthers so I have a hard time determining who will win.[/quote]

The key to this game will be the New Lexington offensive line. They are going to have to come up big. The Tri Valley game got out of control because we couldnt run the football and control the clock. Tri Valley forced New Lexington into numerous 3rd and 10+. We are not the kind of team that can throw the ball to catch up. If Westfall can force New Lex to throw the ball and play from behind, Westfall will win.

If New Lex can run the football and put some long drives together, our defense can keep us close enough to win the game late

Our Quarterback is Sophmore Clint Cannon who has a good arm and can move around well. He really seems to struggle under pressure. So the rushing attack with Sr TB Will Hicks and Junior FB RJ Starkey will be huge Saturday night.

joe hemsley
Waterboy

Post by joe hemsley »

Coach Keller will not let his staff or players underestimate the Panthers.

I am sure the Mustangs realize the type of smash mouth league that the MVL is and they are facing a very good opponent. I still like the Mustangs and wish Coach Keller the best throughout the playoffs.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

NLP, NOTE I am not bragging )put that in there cause I seen where JK likes to exaggerate a little over on the MVL forum :lol: ) but what you are talking about is exactly what this team does. If you read the articles from the gazette (the link I posted earlier) you will see that NO team got over like a 125 yds(Not exact I my be off a few) on this defense the entire game. the mustang line just busts through and is all over whoever has the ball, running against this team is next to impossible. they have forced every team to pass the ball. that is why we score so many points on defense. 1st half opponents try running the ball the see it is not working 2nd half they start to pass ofter we intercept 3 or 4 for TDs they return to the run. thats how it has happened all season and these boys will do their best to do it again

perrytrails
Waterboy

NL

Post by perrytrails »

I'm with JK, were slow and small across the line. Stuggle to run the ball, and the pass is kinda weak. We have improved, somewhat.

Good luck to both teams, man I'm gonna have to wait a long time in line, to get a seat in those stands. Ha!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Perrytails, we have seen the videos :lol: :lol:

But it will be hard for New Lex to match the speed westfall has. it's not just on or two kids you need to match speed wise it's 11 kids at once. it is next to impossible to duplicate the mustangs speeed on both sides of the ball.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Westfall should take this game and on to week 12

bug ii
Waterboy

Post by bug ii »

WESTFALL will win this game by at least 2 touchdowns. new lex, I'm sure is a good football team that is fundamentally sound and physical and all that, but by the 3rd quarter will also be one-dimensional. It seems to be a recurring theme this season with this MUSTANG defense. This could be a good contest for the first half. BMAN, will you be attending?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

BMAN IS ALWAYS THERE LURKING ON THE SIDELINES :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

BUG you are right about the 3rd quarter, that seems to be when the mustang defense puts it all together. other teams are tired and trying to figure out what would work best and them mustangs are fresh and have things figured out Ready to play football.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I'll be at the Circleville game Friday and the Westfall game Saturday. I'm always lurking around and writing stories.

I feel the game plays out the same way. Westfall always seems to dial it up in the third quarter with the defense getting turnovers and the offense turning them into touchdowns.

Glad the Buckeye game is at noon. Lots of football this weekend.

Josh218
Waterboy

The game...

Post by Josh218 »

I have had the pleasure of seeing both teams play as well as several other central Ohio teams from various leagues and divisions this year! Simply put Westfall (this year) would be a top 3 team in any central Ohio league! Not even a question about that!!! I am not blowing smoke, that is a fact! When at their best they are that good this year! That being said this is high school football and strange things can happen if you get ahead of yourself! For Westfall there is no need for worry and fear only a need for focus, fundamentals and a bring the fire determination every game to get to the top!!!! Simply do your job and take care of business!

As for the SVC being weaker! Not at the games I was at! Take Westfall out of the SVC and actually I think these two leagues almost mirror each other this year! Very, very similar in every aspect! I could see teams from both sides matching up even! The points are what they are but they don't show what is actually on the field!!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

How in the world did Piketon get dragged into this! :lol:

Westfall is solid on both sides of the ball, their one weakness is can they stretch the defense vertically to open up the underneath passing and the run? In the one game I watched the Westfall QB had a tendancy to underthrow the deepball, will this hurt them, probably not, the D will score for them! lol I dont know squat about New Lex, but I will say that Westfall is my favorite to find the regional finals.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Eagles I had to mention Piketon to get you to post n here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”