South Gallia Football 2008

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

South Gallia Football 2008

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Hopefully this thread wont get deleted. I dont know why the last one did! Anyone know, I read it yesterday afternoon and then tried to this morning and its not there.

How do the Rebels look for the 2008 season?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I think they will surprise some people next year. There is always someone that does better than what they expect and there is also always someone that does not do as good as you think they will. How this group developes will be interesting. Yes losing that many seniors is a big challenge but you just never know. Could actually be an interesting group to be around. Some of the young pups are looking foward to it just like there is a group right now looking foward to basektball season.

A year like this is what makes high school sports interesting and challenging. Sometimes it is good to just watch the kids grow up and change.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Mtswngrvsg whats the word on some upgrade on the Football field? They are moving a lot of earth for a new school building, anything in the plans for some work on the football field at South Gallia?

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Should have a pretty good freshman class,jr. high team looked to have some good sized kids with talent.Good luck to the Rebels and coach Burleson along with his staff on the 2008 season.The kids will be hungry for another playoff birth,could be a team to watch out for.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Mtswngrvsg whats the word on some upgrade on the Football field? They are moving a lot of earth for a new school building, anything in the plans for some work on the football field at South Gallia?

I heard that there will be some renovations to the field to put it in better shape and maybe some aluminum bleachers with more seating. Thats just hearsay though and you know how that goes.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Would be nice the kids deserve it. Nice that they are getting a new school building also :-D

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

There is talk now of a new field back behind the new school. There is enough land for it and the price tag on the excavation is lot less than the original plan of putting it where the current high school is. This has all come about in the last week or two. If not there is some talk of what to do to the current field to make it better. The addition of the dirt on the visitors side helped a great deal.

But only time will tell on the field. 8)

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Charles Farquar wrote:Would be nice the kids deserve it. Nice that they are getting a new school building also :-D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

I've always had good thoughts about the SG football program and the people there Several kids played football for me from there and they were all good kids and dedicated athletes. Good to hear they are getting a new school and hope they get some new facilities to go with them. I don't know many of the kids there now but if the ones I do know are any indication SG will always have a bright future. Good luck from Dragon country
Clayton ;-)

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

There is talk now of a new field back behind the new school. There is enough land for it and the price tag on the excavation is lot less than the original plan of putting it where the current high school is. This has all come about in the last week or two

Sounds like a perfect place and idea. If its anything like the new gym will be, it would look awesome.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

SG will have a very long season next year with the loss of all of those seniors. I see maybe 2 wins.

Army
S

Post by Army »

riverball wrote:SG will have a very long season next year with the loss of all of those seniors. I see maybe 2 wins.

Where is the new school being built at :?:

What's there schedule look like next season :?:

Good luck Rebels :!:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The new school is being built next to the current high school.

8/22/2008 Friday Waterford Home 7:30 PM
8/29/2008 Friday Eastern Away 7:30 PM
9/5/2008 Friday Southern Away 7:30 PM
9/12/2008 Friday Wahama Away 7:30 PM
9/19/2008 Friday Notre Dame Home 7:30 PM
9/26/2008 Friday Buffalo Home 7:30 PM
10/3/2008 Friday Green Home 7:30 PM
10/10/2008 Friday Sciotoville East Away 7:30 PM
10/17/2008 Friday Oak Hill Away 7:30 PM
10/24/2008 Friday Symmes Valley Away 7:30 PM

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

riverball wrote:SG will have a very long season next year with the loss of all of those seniors. I see maybe 2 wins.

Sg returns alot and I amsure they will have no probel picking up more then 2 wins. I can see them going .500

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Break down !!! Each team !!! 2 wins would be a plus!! QB ??? fR Coming in alot to put on the young man!! your o-line ??? CAN I SUIT UP!!LOL Eastern will be good,I need not say no more !!!! ;-) River ball is being nice!!! :arrow:

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Riverball and bballin fool have a right to have their own opinions - even if we all don't agree with them.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Riverball and bballin fool have a right to have their own opinions - even if we all don't agree with them.

You are right boogerred, they do!

Its just funny cause BBallin Fool was talking how good we was this year and was so supportive of us and now we are gonna be terrible next year after he left. I hope that grass is green! It was already dead and brown one time before. Good Luck!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

BBallin fool wrote:Break down !!! Each team !!! 2 wins would be a plus!! QB ??? fR Coming in alot to put on the young man!! your o-line ??? CAN I SUIT UP!!LOL Eastern will be good,I need not say no more !!!! ;-) River ball is being nice!!! :arrow:

I doubt two wins is ever a plus :roll:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Mistake yes!!! But no one is perfect! Yes a learning experience. Once Blue always Blue!!! Good Luck!!!
Last edited by BBallin fool on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

The people that are so down on SG crack me up. The Rebels were very close to beating some very good football teams this year. They lost to Wahama by 7 and played East very tough until late in the game. They also lost to SV by 3 and Man by a TD. SG was very close to having another 8 win season this year. Im betting that all the bounces won't go the wrong way for the Rebels next year and they will be back on the winning track.

Return to “Football”