#3 Wheelersburg V.S. #7 Fredericktown - Regional Semi-Finals

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Unbelievable, I cant understand some of you posters. Lang was coached the whole week to keep the ball and not pitch. I watched the film on the Freddies and their D-Ends come straight up the field every snap which will take the pitch away and leave for the QB keep. Lang just made a mistake. But that happens. Also on 4th and long we were in man coverage when they threw the double pass. Cook came off his coverage and bit on first pass. It was a mistake plain and simple. Like I said it happens. Especially when it comes to ages 16 to 18. The coaches for Burg are very good and I would not replace them for any other staff in Southern Ohio.

Fans are always the same ....." Great call coach on that touchdown" .......

After a sack " WHAT ARE YOU DOING COACH >> YOU NEED FIRED. "

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote:Unbelievable, I cant understand some of you posters. Lang was coached the whole week to keep the ball and not pitch. I watched the film on the Freddies and their D-Ends come straight up the field every snap which will take the pitch away and leave for the QB keep. Lang just made a mistake. But that happens. Also on 4th and long we were in man coverage when they threw the double pass. Cook came off his coverage and bit on first pass. It was a mistake plain and simple. Like I said it happens. Especially when it comes to ages 16 to 18. The coaches for Burg are very good and I would not replace them for any other staff in Southern Ohio.

Fans are always the same ....." Great call coach on that touchdown" .......

After a sack " WHAT ARE YOU DOING COACH >> YOU NEED FIRED. "

Yeah, he was coached all week to keep it and not pitch or to give it to the FB and Fredericktown already knew this by scouting this play on film. They knew that when he was in the game, that he wasn't going to give up the ball unless he had to, so they knew what was coming as soon as they saw him in the game. They just flooded the defense to that side of the field at the snap and the play was shot as soon as the ball was snapped.

Second, it wasn't a double pass. IT was a halfback pass. The QB pitched it back to the HB, who acted like he was going to run around the end, then he stopped and threw a pass just over the outstrecthed arms of Cook.

Third, you'll never make me believe that you take out your Senior leaders, in a must score situation, to run a play that didn't work in the first quarter of this same game. Burg ran it twice on the evening and it lost about 20 yards between the two times they ran it. Sure it might have worked against Waverly and West, but not against the caliber of teams such as Ridgewood and Fredericktown. Waverly proved they
weren't very good against the run, when it came to teams as good or better then them. They proved that against westfall as one kid rushed for over 440 yards against them and West wasn't very good period.

Trust me, your last statement, I believe there was alot of Burg people saying the first part of what you said. The second part I didn't hear anyone saying, probably some thinking it, but just not saying it.

Sure, being down 28-7 at the half didn't help, but the Burg came out in the second half and took it right to the Freddies, especially the 4th qtr. They were running the ball right up the middle in the 4th qtr and the first two plays of the overtime, so there was no need to change up the plays. Stick with what got you there and don't change it until they stop you, which they surely weren't doing in the 4th qtr. The Freddies had no answer for how to stop the Burg late in the game and if it wasn't for the tipped ball and then the interception, I think the Burg would have marched on down the field for at least a possible FG attempt to win the game in regulation. FT was just plumb worn out.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The burg didn't lose that game in overtime, they lost it in the first half with all the turnovers. the turnovers were nothing new, this team turned the ball over all year.

Return to “Football”