Logan Football 2008

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Jacoby, ex-DeSales HC, was 5-5 at D-2 HT last year and expects to be better. Maybe much better. For Logan , its a D-2 that will win games, be a challenge and bring lots of playoffs points with a win. And , its not far and in the Columbus area for exposure.

Its not Canada, Ky. or WV !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have gun, will travel
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

And still SEOAL CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have gun, will travel
Army
S

Post by Army »

Paladin wrote:And still SEOAL CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As stated........not for long :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

47-18 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have gun, will travel
qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

can somebody help me with this, but doesnt logan already play 2 occ teams?

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

just to clear something up for everyone in logan..............

chilli was KICKED OUT OF THE OCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we wanted to stay, but the OCC SAID NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! they didn't think it was in our best interest to stay in a league like that. plus everyone in that league hated driving down to chilli to play us. so we had no chance. so we went looking for a new league and were accepted into the SEOAL. which i thought was a great move for the cavs. now we are able to compete on a consistant basis in every sport. not just one every so often, like it was when we were in the OCC.

so chilli didn't run from the OCC. i'm sick and tired of hearing how chilli ran from the OCC, can't beat logan, can't win a league, blah, blah, logan this, blah blah. enough already. chilli has been in this league all of 2 years and has beaten logan once and lost to logan once. so as i see it there are no bragging rights for anyone. yeah logan won the league each year but who cares. isn't it the goal of every team in the state to win state?? but maybe thats just me

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

isn't it the goal of every team in the state to win state?? but maybe thats just me

Uhh my guess is no. Logan's goals have always been Win the SEOAL, finish 10-0, Make the Playoffs, Win State. I assure you most coaches in any league, want to win that league first then let things take care of themselves. Unless you are St X; Iggy, Canton McKinley, and some of the smaller powers in Ohio. Or maybe thats just my glorified version of it, who knows.

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

I agree with you beezee and also was well aware of Chilli being kicked out. I've learned the ways of the OCC since moving to Groveport and it was no suprise that Chilli was kicked out because in the OCC if you can't take 270 to get there the OCC wants no part of it. It's the same struggle that Logan faces in ever trying to get in to the OCC. God forbid the city folk expose their luxury cars to some good ol country air! Chilli is much better off in the SEOAL and I'm glad to have em. Those that bash Chilli for being a "cup-cake" should be reminded of times past when Logan was the one taking the beating at the hands of the Cavs. Now make no mistake, I love my Chieftains, but things can change my friends.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

Logan grad wrote:
isn't it the goal of every team in the state to win state?? but maybe thats just me

Uhh my guess is no. Logan's goals have always been Win the SEOAL, finish 10-0, Make the Playoffs, Win State. I assure you most coaches in any league, want to win that league first then let things take care of themselves. Unless you are St X; Iggy, Canton McKinley, and some of the smaller powers in Ohio. Or maybe thats just my glorified version of it, who knows.

so your telling me that only those few schools should have the goal of winning state?? and that everyone else should just try to win their league and thats it?? doesn't make sense to me. you put WIN STATE TITLE first and then list other goals after that. that has to be the ultimate number one goal of any team if not then they need to rethink things.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

ChiefCruiser95 wrote:I agree with you beezee and also was well aware of Chilli being kicked out. I've learned the ways of the OCC since moving to Groveport and it was no suprise that Chilli was kicked out because in the OCC if you can't take 270 to get there the OCC wants no part of it. It's the same struggle that Logan faces in ever trying to get in to the OCC. God forbid the city folk expose their luxury cars to some good ol country air! Chilli is much better off in the SEOAL and I'm glad to have em. Those that bash Chilli for being a "cup-cake" should be reminded of times past when Logan was the one taking the beating at the hands of the Cavs. Now make no mistake, I love my Chieftains, but things can change my friends.

you are right 95. thats why i was happy to see chilli leave the OCC. and you are right chilli and logan have had some great games in the past and will continue to have great games in the future. and i'm think i'm starting to see a little rivalry starting to flare up here between these two schools, or at least between some of the posters.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Let's keep this clean this time.

Cut out the name calling and stick to the topic.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

ChiefCruiser95 wrote:I agree with you beezee and also was well aware of Chilli being kicked out. I've learned the ways of the OCC since moving to Groveport and it was no suprise that Chilli was kicked out because in the OCC if you can't take 270 to get there the OCC wants no part of it. It's the same struggle that Logan faces in ever trying to get in to the OCC. God forbid the city folk expose their luxury cars to some good ol country air! Chilli is much better off in the SEOAL and I'm glad to have em. Those that bash Chilli for being a "cup-cake" should be reminded of times past when Logan was the one taking the beating at the hands of the Cavs. Now make no mistake, I love my Chieftains, but things can change my friends.

finally,someone with some sense and not just full of foolish pride.Your post is very intelligent and much apprecciated. Tired of the middle school menatlity w/ some of these posts. You cant even communicate intelligently b/c of some boob downgrading the other team just b/c they're opponents. Yes, the OCC has a rule, that if your enrollment places you below D2 , and you are not showing signifigant growth, you cannot be part of the league.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

hilltop -

But Chillicothe's enrollment did not drop below D2 until after they left the OCC.

I don't think the OCC was in anyway SAD to see the Cavs leave, in fact I think it was a cause for celebration. However, I don't believe the Cavs were "kicked out" of the OCC.

I remember reading the Chilli City School Board when they were debating whether to enter the league, and all the "minor" sports coaches (tennis, soccer, etc.) were appossed to the move due to lack of competition.

Doesn't sound like a group who knew they were getting "kicked out."

I don't think anyone from Logan or anyone else has ever bashed Chillicothe's schedule. In fact, time and again I've commended Chillicothe for playing one of, if not the toughest non-league schedule in the SEOAL. Unfortunately the same can be said for some other members of the SEOAL.

I believe Chillicothe made the right move and applaud it, I'm just stating the facts from my memory.
Last edited by loganlocos on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Also, just to set the record straight.

Grove City filled their vacancy before Athens dropped Logan, even though the OHSAA did not list it that way on the website. The Greyhounds picked up Hilliard Davidson, a previous division opponent, as a non-league game to keep a traditional rival. They were never an option for Logan.

Gahanna makes no sense either for Logan. First of all, the enrollment gap between the two schools (Gahanna 935 boys, Logan 515 boys). Second, Logan already plays Lancaster and Pickerington North who are in the same division of the OCC, adding a third member of the same division is counter productive to gathering computer points. Because they will all play each other, that means that Logan would be guaranteed to miss out on computer points several different weeks.

I think Hamilton Twp, if that truly is who Logan added, is a great addition considering the timing. The Ranger program is on the rise with Jacoby at the helm and a great trip for the Chiefs. I was hoping we would add Canal Winchester of Township.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

LoganLocos wrote:hilltop -

But Chillicothe's enrollment did not drop below D2 until after they left the OCC.

I don't think the OCC was in anyway SAD to see the Cavs leave, in fact I think it was a cause for celebration. However, I don't believe the Cavs were "kicked out" of the OCC.

I remember reading the Chilli City School Board when they were debating whether to enter the league, and all the "minor" sports coaches (tennis, soccer, etc.) were appossed to the move due to lack of competition.

Doesn't sound like a group who knew they were getting "kicked out."

I don't think anyone from Logan or anyone else has ever bashed Chillicothe's schedule. In fact, time and again I've commended Chillicothe for playing one of, if not the toughest non-league schedule in the SEOAL. Unfortunately the same can be said for some other members of the SEOAL.

I believe Chillicothe made the right move and applaud it, I'm just stating the facts from my memory.

Never said they were kicked out.they would have been.So leaving was smart, b/c they would've only lasted one more year before they fell under the stipulation.They were'nt kicked out.they left. Saw the writing on the wall, I suppose. I wasn't here then, but just from what I saw, they were treated like the red-headed step child from Appalachia by the suburbanite elitest's.Maybe nad they passed a town ordinance in Chilli for each resident to install a white picket fence around their property, we would've been treated like the folks from Wexnerville or New Albany as it was once called.

PS--I wasn't saying the "boobs" trashed CHilli b/c of "their" opponents, rather b/c "they're" opponents. meaning simply b/c they are rivals or what have you. I said earlier, on a thread that must've been delted, that picking up HT was not a bad move. just thought it was funny how a couple of notorius posters bashed the SEOAL memenbers for not trying to "play-up" w/ their non-league schedules. Just shows that when it comes down to it, they have absolutely no say over who Logan plays.Now that Logan was forced to(b/c of time restraints) play a "lower" caliber D2 team, I'm anxious to see how the spin-masters play their hands now. Teh other thing I find amusing form my pal Paladin, whom I "get" more than most usually do,is hbow much he bashes the SEOAL for being a cup-cake league with absolutelu zero competition for the Chiefs, but is yet so proud to boast about being the champions. Being champs of anything is an honor, but just seems funny, and somewhat hypocritical to brag about being the champs of a "pathetic" league.Like I said before:the way he has made it sound in the past, his recent regurgitation of "Still SEOAL Champs" is like reciting"Im the prettiest turd in the outhouse".lol

Army
S

Post by Army »

LoganLocos wrote:Let's keep this clean this time.

Cut out the name calling and stick to the topic.

AMEN to that :!:

I too agree with Hilltop. I hope our CAVS pick Hamilton TWP up in week 1 in 2009 too. It's refreshing to get off the bus or walk into the home locker room with a win instead of usually the same old loss against a larger and mobile team from Columbus Brookhaven in week one. As Beezee stated yesterday, it's a moral booster to start the season off with a win. Bexley has an opening in week 2 in 2009. I hope we drop Sunbury Big Walnut and replace them with the Blue Lions. I would love to see our CAVS NON-LEAGUE SCHEDULE have these two additions to add to the week 3 opponent Wilmington in 2009. If Ironton leaves then we will still have a 7 game SEOAL schedule.

ARMY

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

so your telling me that only those few schools should have the goal of winning state?? and that everyone else should just try to win their league and thats it?? doesn't make sense to me. you put WIN STATE TITLE first and then list other goals after that. that has to be the ultimate number one goal of any team if not then they need to rethink things.

But you have to set "realistic" goals for your team as well. And wining the league should be the top goal every year for any team who realistically wont see any time in Canton. With the history of SE Ohio in football, what team in the area can honestly think their top goal is to win the state? Winning the league should be #1 and the rest will fall into place. But thats just me. Maybe Coach Amyx has "Win State" at the top of his goal board these days, but IMO, I think 1. Beating Lancaster, 2. Winning the SEOAL, 3. Finishing 10-0 4. Going deep into the playoffs; would be a nice set of goals.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

hilltop you are right we were never "officially" kicked out of the OCC but it was going to happen, and we were told to start looking into other options for a league. and that was in like 2000/2001. the superintendent at the time talked to several former and current players that year to get their opinions on the matter. i was one of the former players asked about it. and i remember him saying that our options were to stay in the OCC and be kicked out within 2 years, join a league like the SEOAL, or become an independent. my opinion was to leave the OCC and join the SEOAL. we all knew that the OCC didn't want us there anymore and would try to get us out. and yes we were treated like the red headed step child of the OCC. i still remember going to Upper Arlington walking out onto the field and hearing the UA student section chanting "Hey, Hey, We're UA, You're Gonna Work For Us Someday!" and when teams came down here i remember the other teams commenting that they were amazed that we didn't have cows next to our stadium.

i'm glad we got out of that league and joined the SEOAL.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I see we have OCC mind readers. Chillicothe chose to leave the OCC. I think it was the right decision for them, but I wouldn't be bashing other schedules, including a lot of jabs at Logan, when the Cavaliers left a far superior league to come to the SEOAL.

BTW...Chillicothe and Hamilton Township are also scheduled for a series and I wouldn't be banking on easy wins. I'll take the Township in this series.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

bman618 wrote:BTW...Chillicothe and Hamilton Township are also scheduled for a series and I wouldn't be banking on easy wins. I'll take the Township in this series.

:?: :?: :?: when did this happen :?: that is news to me

Return to “Football”