SVC Football 08

Sports 101
Varsity

SVC Football 08

Post by Sports 101 »

Who looks strong?

Not in order!

Adena i think will be pretty tough.
Piketon has a lot of skill players returning.
Paint Valley has there qb back and will be pretty good.
Westfall loses a lot, but Keller is doin a wonderful job and they will be real strong next season.
Unioto, well....
Southeastern, dont really know.
Huntington lost kellough this season and that will hurt them.
Zane Trace, im not to sure about them.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

TOP 3
Westfall - loses a lot, but also returns a lot to the varsity squad. ad to that those who move up from the undefeated JV team. should be very strong again.

Adena - always puts together a strong team, should do so again.

Piketon - Returns a lot, better be working hard already in the weight room to takes care of their biggest rivalry waverly next year. :lol:

Middle of the pack
PV - Always confusing, really thought by now they would have reached another peak in rebuilding, it just seems to be taking longer than I thought, they should fall into the middle of the league.

Huntington - They always find some way to contend, should do decent this year.

Bottom of the pack
Unioto - What can we say, Hope the coach stays and they can figure something out?

ZT - Really thought they would have ben stronger this year, I think Soccer is really hurting them.

SE - No comment, no matter what you say the fans take it the wrong way.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Soccer does not hurt Zane Trace. Not one kid that plays soccer would play football. ZT should be in the top half of the league next year. Westfall will win the league again.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Bozo Note that i saixd I THINK but One can't help but wonder if there was not a soccer program is some of those boys would play football.

bman618_
Waterboy

Post by bman618_ »

Westfall has a lot to replace along the line and that has to be a concern. They do return a good group of skill kids but missing Hardin and Gose will hurt some. Their JV did go undefeated and I look for some of these kids to step up.

My way too far in advance league standings

1. Westfall
2. Piketon, the Westfall game at home should be very interesting
3. Adena
4. Paint Valley/Zane Trace
6. Huntington
7. Unioto
8. Southeastern

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

bman618_ wrote:Westfall has a lot to replace along the line and that has to be a concern. They do return a good group of skill kids but missing Hardin and Gose will hurt some. Their JV did go undefeated and I look for some of these kids to step up.

Bman I don't think there will be a problem with them stepping up. on average next years varsity has played a lot this year. the 2nd string and JV played against all the varsity squads(except TV , St. C, and coldwater) and on average played 1 1/2 to 2 quarters per game and was only giving up 7 pts. per game themselves.

the question would be is can next years team be Better than this years. many have said that this was the best team they have ever seen come out of the SVC, thing is over the last 5 years that has been said every year.

we do loose a lot of skill players but we also return a lot of them too. I look for Cline, Gibson to make some very big plays next year, stepping in to fill the shoes of Gose and Hardin.

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

I don't think that Westfall can be better next year than this year, this year's team was the best team I've seen in this league in the 35+ years I have followed the SVC. With what they have going, I think it's theirs to lose until someone can beat them.

Westfall
Paint Valley
Piketon
Adena
Zane Trace
Southeastern
Huntington
Unioto

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Westfall had a historical season and that is hard to replicate. They got some questions but with what they return and being the two-time depending conference champions, they'll be the favorite. Paint Valley, Piketon and Adena will be interesting games.

Pikealum27
Waterboy

Post by Pikealum27 »

Westfall- How can you put anyone in front of them....after what they have done.....

Piketon- One of the few teams that can dethrone the mustangs loads of speed coming back for the streaks.

Adena- Buddy Barnes knuff said

Paint Valley- Steadily improving

Zane Trace- Young team could be anywhere from third to sixth

Southeastern- The coach is building this program back up

Hunington- they lost a lot in the kellough boys...

Unioto- these boys need to get it together

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon has got to get stronger and keep working on the fundamentals in order to dethrone Westfall and hold off the other challengers. With the talent coming back, good things CAN be in store for them. But each and every boy on that team has got to want to work for it. I'm sure the folks at Westfall can attest to the results of sustained effort and hard work. What do they have now, at least 4 straight years in the playoffs, advancing further each year? That kind of success does not happen simply because you want it to.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Westfall has made the postseason five straight years. They do have a lot of talent but the hard work they put in I believe brought them over the hump to the regional championship. Nothing you can say about the Coldwater game. They lost to the state champs. They have a lot of parts to replace but they got some good kids returning who will get a bigger role and some others from the JV team.

Piketon has a lot of potential to get into the playoffs and win the SVC. They gave Westfall all they wanted for a half until the superior Mustangs took control. With Piketon strong and Westfall a little weaker, both on paper, that game should be a good one next year in Redstreak land.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Who does Paint Valley return in 08?

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
ravens 2
Waterboy

Post by ravens 2 »

So is there any coaching changes in the SVC this year????

Return to “Football”