Congrats to GREENUP County District champs

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Congrats to GREENUP County District champs

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

WOW!!!! The absolute best game of High school Football to ever be seen. Congrats to Greenup for there first District titel in 30 years. Coach Sammons and his staff had them ready tonight. Boyd Co went up 26 to 21, and was kicking the extra point Greenup jumped off sides, so boyd went fot 2 and didnt make it. Kicked off and Greenup went 60 plus yard in 15 plays, converted a couple 4th downs and on a fourth and 7 at the 8, got a first down on the 1 then the REF threw a flag there was less than 60 seconds to play and he call a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty against Greenup and were not sure but was told it was on a fan on the Greenup side, Maybe Tobios can tell us what happen. anyway 1st and ten with 39 second they lose 2 yards. Quick snap and spike it. 3rd and 12 from the 17 they gain 5 yards time out then on 4th and 7 from the 12 the get 8 yards 1st down with the clock winding down they spike it time runs out, Boyd county players, cheerleaders and fans are rushing the feild celabrating, Then the ref stops them and puts 5 tenths of a second back on the clock so with a half a second they line up at the 6 or 7 yard line were he spiked and throw a touchdown to win the game . Final score Greenup 27 Boyd 26. The boyd fans were in shock. Boyd County had beat them in the reg season with a score of 26 to 13. Greenup travels to Harrison Central next week.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Congrats to Coach Sammons, his staff and players! Good Luck next week!

PAIN IS TEMPORARY..........CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE FOREVER!!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THE DOWGG, GIVE ME THE RUNDOWN ON THIS UN. HE HAD ME IN STITCHES. I'D HAVE LIKE TO HAVE SEEN THIS ONE. :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

there is just something wrong with the universe when greenup is playing football in november

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Devil's advocate time ---the only way GC has advanced to the spot they are in is because of Ky's idiotic playoff schedule. Only something like 30 teams STATEWIDE did'nt make the playoffs. They quailfied at 3-7 . Then proceded to beat a terrible team (rowan co.) and a very average team (boyd). Now they are "district champs" my gosh , talk about dumbing down the title of champion. I realize that sounds harsh but should'nt a team earn something before being declared a champ ?

It's not the fault of the kids or anyone at GC (I respect Sammons a bunch) but this is why the folks from Ohio laugh at KY football. It is a joke. It also discredits the (few) fine football teams the school has had in it's relatively short existence. Having said that I'm sure glad they won , I'm not rooting against them at all. I always pull for them and last week's game was one for the ages . Will be interesting to see if they can compete with a real playoff team . MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

ManitouDan wrote:the only way GC has advanced to the spot they are in is because of Ky's idiotic playoff schedule. Only something like 30 teams STATEWIDE did'nt make the playoffs. They quailfied at 3-7 .

You know what is worse? Boyd County was the regular season district champs and had home field advantage at 4-6! There are only 34 in the entire class 4A that they play in; while each region in each division in Ohio has roughly 30 teams.The KY playoff system is an absolute joke.

GO TIGERS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!
gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Tobias wrote:
tl895 wrote:there is just something wrong with the universe when greenup is playing football in november

Here is what you really meant to say!

there is just something wrong with the universe when greenup is playing football in november and Ironton is not playing football in November!

No offense intended to Ironton fans, staff, or players; but tl895 -- let's not belittle Greenup County's accomplishments here.

Ironton is not playing football in Ohio in November, but would surely be in Kentucky in November. They would also be district champs in some classes :roll:

GO TIGERS!!!
gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Tobias wrote:Why bash the system that allowed this to happen? Instead, support GCHS to make it as far as possible into the playoffs.

I didn't say that I didn't want them to win; only that the system is a joke, which it is. I would get a spankin at home for rooting against Greenup Co., since I live with a Musketeer.

GO TIGERS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

best of luck to the muskies ---very difficult task to even travel that far and be competetive. Hope you give a good showing. MD

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

wish I could have went, but 2 and a half hours one way, was more then I wanted to travel, sounds like greenup county played , yet another great game.

wasnt this team the number 1 team in Kentucky? that they played.

congrats on a great season.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

no harrison was not near the top , there were actually near the bottom of the teams that were left. But they are strong , their loses were to top flight teams. GC was actually ahead in the 4th , had chances to recapture the lead also. Great showing from the GC kids and coaches. Hopefully this will lead to more excitement about GC football. Been dormant for far too long. MD

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

thanks MD , I heard the PA annopuncer at Bord county talking about someone being number one, it was hard to understand who and what he was talking about all night though.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

just the fact that crap teams dont belong in the playoffs in any state :shock: :shock: ky is a joke as far as who makes it in

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

He is kind've right, the playoff system in Kentucky does suck, even the guys I work with from Kentucky say that. But it is what it is, and Greenup took advantage of it. Congrats to Sammons on their success and in the future.

Return to “Football”